Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

I'm Looking For Map Names/themes For A New Map Project

kv526

My goal is to make the map a challenge for survivors instead of a picnic like most zombie survival maps are.

Name-in-progress: zs_butchers_den

Block-out

92b8ea97f899a5dd0042a07bef77584c.png

Placeholder textures

NuE6rG.jpg

nwQdil.jpg

Edited by MoonChickenDogRat

This is for general release, I don't have any interest in returning to the mapping team. I made a really cool banner for the mapping subforum back in the day, it's still there.

I'll keep the thread updated with pictures of the map's progress.

This is for general release, I don't have any interest in returning to the mapping team. I made a really cool banner for the mapping subforum back in the day, it's still there.

I'll keep the thread updated with pictures of the map's progress.

My bad, completely read the thread title wrong! Keep up the good work looks nice :)

• Like 1

Gotcha, I am currently just trying to bring this house into the source engine world, then I'll make modification on which doors and windows I'll be keeping. There are quite a few.

I also want the end product to be more desolate and crude looking than it does now, but we gotta start clean to make it dirty

Here's the house plan I'm using (aside from using a shorter roof arch.) But I'm taking textural traits from https://upload.wikim...acre_House3.jpg

245_4472large.jpg

245_4472plans.gif

245_4472plans2.gif

My suggestion is to make a basement and let that be the main focus of the map in terms of gameplay. The basement should be super bloody, gory, and edgy. Really empathize on bloody as this is the "butcher's den"

Maybe add some bloody water down there too or something. Like something you see in very edgy horror movies.

If you do like my suggestion, I recommend making the other parts of the map less easy to cade in to focus more on the basement. Also there's many ways to go about this. Make the house seem innocent and harmless until you go into the basement.

• Like 3

I think I would have to strongly agree with Imbeast, to have the basement really gruesome and horrid compared with the rest of the house would really bring that horror tone to the map. Especially if the first and second floor is more of "Grandma-like" look.

But really awesome map!! Would love to try it out one day on a ZS

Not to be mean or anything, but this map will be one of those boring maps where there will only be one spot to cade. I like big maps that have more than 1 viable cading spot for solocading.

I'm glad you mentioned this, I am meticulously working to balance every spot in the map. I don't want players to gangbang in the same spot every time the map is played.

Looks nice. You should try to add some sort of secret room in this map

I'm not opposed to having an easter egg in the map, however; I will not be putting in a secret room that will disrupt the gameplay.

• Like 1

I'm entertaining the thought of having the "butcher's room" open on round 3 of the zombie attack. The room will contain plenty of props, but the players will have to risk leaving their current room.

The number of props per each room in the house correlates to the number of entrances into the room itself

Updates! I also have a beta available, just send me a pm!

I'd say the map is around half way completed, I still need to finalize the room's props, entrances, and appearance. The Butcher's room opens sometime during round 2, there's no in-game announcement and I also haven't decided on what round that room should be available yet.

I haven't decided on a barn yet, or if I even want to do one. Quite a bit more foliage is still needed, it's also what I'll be using to close in the playable space. There several textures that I will be re-making, I'm only using a few custom assets at the moment (keeping the map file as small as possible.)

qamjLn.jpgOyl6wP.jpgArELV7.jpgpVS0W3.jpgOCXvO7.jpgWlZlW3.jpg