Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

>>Urgent<< Fix The Server Lags

Fix Lags  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If I write this topic it is to ALERT on a big problem that concerns the HG ZS server.

The more server is added to the same cpu, it is obvious that we have reached limits. One year ago, there were not all these lags...

The server has a capacity of 100 slots but from 75 this is UNPLAYABLE. Players can not play anymore and the chat is invaded by "1 core server", because it is the truth, how to explain to people that a server of 100 people, especially a game like gmod, runs on 1 core. .

THE SUMMER ARRIVES AND IT MUST ABSOLUTELY RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM !!

I appeal to the highest of the HG clan.

I do not make this topic being edgy, I do this topic because I like this server, there is a lot of work on it, it has a big community and I want every person can have fun and enjoy all its parts .

HELP US

Thank you

Edited by Master ToF
  • Like 13

Normally we don't post things like this, but I wanted to put to rest the bandwagon line of 1 core. HG invests into high-end infrastructure to support it's gaming environments. We're not running VPS's or single core servers here, but common sense should have already told you that.

The specific server that ZS runs on is a 12 core server with 16g of ram. The overall utilization on this server is very low. I've posted a screenshot of the last 24 hours below.

zqOEoNV.png

The development team is looking into the reported issues and is reviewing the code as well as any potential contributing factors. Once they have an update, they'll address it and update the community through the forums.

Thanks,

Sirius

• Like 14

Normally we don't post things like this, but I wanted to put to rest the bandwagon line of 1 core. HG invests into high-end infrastructure to support it's gaming environments. We're not running VPS's or single core servers here, but common sense should have already told you that.

The specific server that ZS runs on is a 12 core server with 16g of ram. The overall utilization on this server is very low. I've posted a screenshot of the last 24 hours below.

zqOEoNV.png

The development team is looking into the reported issues and is reviewing the code as well as any potential contributing factors. Once they have an update, they'll address it and update the community through the forums.

Thanks,

Sirius

Thank you for clearing the 1 core myth.

zqOEoNV.png

From these stats, it looks like the maximum load on the CPU is a little less than 25%. That means, on a 12-core CPU, only 3 cores are being used (0.25 x 12 = 3).

Seems this lag has been an issue with the Source engine not able to multi-thread easily, rather than the server hardware being the issue.

Edit: I bet that if you looked at CPU Utilization by core, on high-times two of the cores will be at 100% and the rest will be at almost no utilization.

Edited by Jareth26