Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Mapping Suggestion

NewPueblo

zs_obj_synthetics  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm going to be making an objective map, and am considering adding multiple routes to take. Each route would be equivalent in terms of difficulty and length to traverse, so it's more about strategy. As a result this map will include shorter routes, so that I can fit everything in nice and snug without overloading Source.

Do you guys think this is a good idea?

i would suggest not

example: the end of zs_obj_phoenix

Good point, I forgot about that last bit of phoenix. I think if I'm going to implement multiple paths to take the best way to do it would to be to make each one optional. This means that you can follow one route all the way through without needing to separate. The survivors would need to be decisive on choosing which path to take and follow it through.

Good point, I forgot about that last bit of phoenix. I think if I'm going to implement multiple paths to take the best way to do it would to be to make each one optional. This means that you can follow one route all the way through without needing to separate. The survivors would need to be decisive on choosing which path to take and follow it through.

Definitely a good idea. And if you get any beta up at any time I'd be interested in testing it if you need people to :)

Two routes seems cool, but one will definitely get used more than the other if they aren't balanced close. Unless you mean for a random one to be opened at the beginning of the map.

Edited by MoonChickenDogRat

Definitely a good idea. And if you get any beta up at any time I'd be interested in testing it if you need people to :)

Awesome. About all that development / beta shenanigans, would you recommend I go through and place down all brushes first, or tile as I go along? This will be my first large project with valve hammer.

Two routes seems cool, but one more definitely get used more than the other if they aren't balanced close. Unless you mean for a random one to be opened at the beginning of the map.

What's probably gonna happen, now that I've looked more into it, is that I'm going to have all paths open from the start, and then have them branch out and then reconnect with other ones eventually. Really, there isn't going to be any singularly defined sub-objectives to accomplish. It all depends on which way you go.

• Like 1