Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Build Request

Jxhn

Best PC Build?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you want to build yourself:

Ryzen: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/K3cHM8 (good balance between productivity and gaming)

Intel: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/spdHM8 (gaming only)

GPU prices tend to change (due to cryptocurrency mining) though prices are starting to come down

If you dont know how to build a PC, there are plenty of guides or you can buy a prebuilt system:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&O=&Q=&ap=y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&gclid=CjwKCAjwqcHLBRAqEiwA-j4AyHC5LtBRBY8_uqtBo0KZIrqKjJ888sQu7QBm3MbJtQtkEnQfoChqxxoCpTUQAvD_BwE&is=REG&m=Y&sku=1311452

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b6TYFd there you go, like 10 over.

In the case that I can go over the budget, what should I change?

If you want to build yourself:

Ryzen: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/K3cHM8 (good balance between productivity and gaming)

Intel: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/spdHM8 (gaming only)

GPU prices tend to change (due to cryptocurrency mining) though prices are starting to come down

If you dont know how to build a PC, there are plenty of guides or you can buy a prebuilt system:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&O=&Q=&ap=y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&gclid=CjwKCAjwqcHLBRAqEiwA-j4AyHC5LtBRBY8_uqtBo0KZIrqKjJ888sQu7QBm3MbJtQtkEnQfoChqxxoCpTUQAvD_BwE&is=REG&m=Y&sku=1311452

Same here?

In the case that I can go over the budget, what should I change?

Same here?

If you really want to change something, then change GPU, everything else you don't need to change, but that 1070 will run any game just fine, no need to go over budget in my opinion.

Also supa the H100i V2 is way unnecessary for that build and requires separate parts as that motherboard is older.

an educational video about AIO water cooling

simple logic, fit the biggest radiator you can in your case. a cooler cpu is a happy cpu

and if you were to change anything, on the AMD build go up to a ryzen 7 1700 CPU and on the Intel get a better mobo, (as fortis pointed out), like a msi z270 m3

Simple logic, if you don't need that big of a radiator to cool your CPU, then don't get it. Don't listen to Supa he's a nerd when it comes to PC building, with the budget you have and the games that are out now (including higher end games) your CPU won't need that big of a radiator.

Dont listen to me listen to our based god Linus :(. that one fan radiators gonna be loud af, and hotter than having a dual fan radiator

fortis is fat shaming radiators

My parts recommendation. This is not meant for CPU or GPU overclocking, however, you can overclock your memory to 3200mhz. Due to Ryzen's Infinity Fabric; it highly benefits from high-frequency memory. After putting your computer together, you can set the timings and voltages inside the BIOS for operating at 3200mhz. I recommend spending all of the money you can on a single SSD over a small SSD + large HDD. MicroATX is small, clean, and easy to keep tidy. It's the most common motherboard size. Modular PSU will help keep the inside of your windowed case looking neat.

Make sure you check every available retailer for the product you've selected, sometimes pcpartpicker isn't 100% up-to-date with prices and availability. Make sure that your product ships at a reasonable amount of time (5-7 business days) if doing free shipping. Otherwise pay the cheapest shipping you want, or pay to have it ship faster.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($197.88 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: ASRock - A320M-DGS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($141.88 @ OutletPC)

Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($136.69 @ Amazon)

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC Black Edition Video Card ($724.98 @ Newegg)

Case: Fractal Design - Focus G Mini (Black) MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($54.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: Rosewill - 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($71.99 @ Amazon)

Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.69 @ OutletPC)

Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($89.89 @ OutletPC)

Total: $1486.98

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-21 02:04 EDT-0400

Edited by MoonChickenDogRat

i can make it quieter and cooler for u bb ;)

also this is an unlocked cpu so he better be ocing that bitch

Simple logic, if you don't need that big of a radiator to cool your CPU, then don't get it. Don't listen to Supa he's a nerd when it comes to PC building, with the budget you have and the games that are out now (including higher end games) your CPU won't need that big of a radiator.

I just don't want to wake up and see half of the house engulfed in flames.

Edited by JHnY HaYZ

I just got recomended this. How does it look?

Edit: BTW what should I get in terms of VR?

That looks like a good build too, and for vr are you asking which headset you should get? There's really only two options, the Oculus rift and the HTC Vive. The rift just dropped in price recently if I remember correctly and it's pretty neat, you can play while sitting in place. The Vive is more emersive in that you can use your whole room to move around and play the games but it costs more of course. They both use the same type of screen in the headset with the same resolution so it kinda just comes down to the price and experience that you want to have. VR though is still in early stages and it kinda looks like there won't be much changed for a long time. It's more of just a gimmick like the whole 3d gaming that was the craze some years back.

That looks like a good build too, and for vr are you asking which headset you should get? There's really only two options, the Oculus rift and the HTC Vive. The rift just dropped in price recently if I remember correctly and it's pretty neat, you can play while sitting in place. The Vive is more emersive in that you can use your whole room to move around and play the games but it costs more of course. They both use the same type of screen in the headset with the same resolution so it kinda just comes down to the price and experience that you want to have. VR though is still in early stages and it kinda looks like there won't be much changed for a long time. It's more of just a gimmick like the whole 3d gaming that was the craze some years back.

I was thinking of a setup including this. That way, I won't have to use my whole room.

I settled with this plus a few parts I couldn't find on PCPartPicker

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($197.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card ($479.99 @ NCIX US)

Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Thermaltake - Toughpower Grand RGB 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($98.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit ($102.89 @ OutletPC)

Monitor: BenQ - XL2411 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor ($289.00 @ Amazon)

Mouse: SteelSeries - Rival 700 Wired Optical Mouse ($72.46 @ Amazon)

Headphones: SteelSeries - Siberia 350 (Black/Orange) 7.1 Channel Headset ($116.99 @ Amazon)

Other: SteelSeries Apex M500 MX Blue ($99.99)

Total: $1583.28

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-26 21:36 EDT-0400

Edited by Jxhn

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gcqzTH

Noctua U12s The best of the radiator (with the nh d15) (very silent and high performance if you want overclock the 7700k)

You have a gtx 1080 (and not a 1070)

Good motherboard if you want oc the cpu.

Good ssd for system and currents programms.

VERY good case, 4 fans, anti noise foam .

Windows for 0 in the net or 30 $ key...

Edited by Master ToF