Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Pc Build

StrawBerry

Friends don't let friends go amd

Seriously

^^^

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Wp7ZTH

1060 instead of 1080 but I dont know why u think u need a 1080

The build he had with ryzen 5 and a 1080 was fine... Notice he's going to use 2 144hz monitors and he does mention AAA games one can only assume he wants max settings which is perfectly done with his first choices.

• Like 1

this is when i can get a new pc tell me if anything needs to be changed will be playing

AAA games too

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7JwHM8 updated

Hey! The R7 1700 includes its own cooler, so no need for an aftermarket one.

Grab 3200mhz memory if you want, Ryzen's infinity fabric loves high frequency memory.

I'd recommend ditching the HDD and spend it on an even larger SSD!

You want to avoid bottlenecking your R7 1700. A 1080 TI would be a better pair than the GTX 1070 for 144hz. Maybe even consider dropping the R7 1700 to an R5 1600 and grabbing a 1080 TI. I can argue benchmarks and price/performance margins all night but if you want the 2 extra cores; keep with the R7 1700.

If you do choose the 1080 TI, pick up a 600+ bronze PSU at the minimum! Since you picked a windowed case, I'd get a fully modular PSU so you can keep everything as clean and tidy as possible.

If you have any more questions just let me know. Or if there's something you need clarified!

Edited by MoonChickenDogRat

I'm curious, why do you keep making this recommendation when talking about gaming builds? Like I understand some games could benefit in loading times but then performance wise in fps there's no difference other than maybe some hitching in big open world games but that usually only occurs on systems with low system ram. 250gb ssd + xTB hdd seems like a much better bargain imo.

Hey! The R7 1700 includes its own cooler, so no need for an aftermarket one.

Grab 3200mhz memory if you want, Ryzen's infinity fabric loves high frequency memory.

You want to avoid bottlenecking your R7 1700. A 1080 TI would be a better pair than the GTX 1070 for 144hz. Maybe even consider dropping the R7 1700 to an R5 1600 and grabbing a 1080 TI. I can argue benchmarks and price/performance margins all night but if you want the 2 extra cores; keep with the R7 1700.

If you do choose the 1080 TI, pick up a 600+ bronze PSU at the minimum! Since you picked a windowed case, I'd get a fully modular PSU so you can keep everything as clean and tidy as possible.

If you have any more questions just let me know. Or if there's something you need clarified!

the ssd is for games,hdd is for windows,recordings,and softwares

1080ti is overkill for me 1080 is better and can lower the price by 200

Edited by StrawBerryNinja

I'm curious, why do you keep making this recommendation when talking about gaming builds? Like I understand some games could benefit in loading times but then performance wise in fps there's no difference other than maybe some hitching in big open world games but that usually only occurs on systems with low system ram. 250gb ssd + xTB hdd seems like a much better bargain imo.

Recent:

ddfcf5308cc2a2661d97208925ce60c0.png

having two different storage devices allow the computer to be more functional especially when using it to game and run an os at the same time

SSD's are capable of handling multiple simultaneous heavy bandwidth tasks.

the ssd is for games,hdd is for windows,recordings,and softwares

1080ti is overkill for me 1080 is better and can lower the price by 200

It's a step down, but a close pair. Go for it!

Edited by MoonChickenDogRat

Recent:

ddfcf5308cc2a2661d97208925ce60c0.png

That still doesn't convince me that going for a more expensive single ssd is better than going with a 250gb ssd and something like a 2 TB drive, with current prices you can actually get that for the same price of a Samsung 500gb ssd but with pretty much 4x the storage space. Especially when talking about a gaming build where someone is talking about wanting to play AAA titles, which you should know take up a lot of space to begin with.