Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Why Lower Player Count. Put It Back To Normal

Boxsnake

this is something i didnt want to happen but why did you guys have to decrease player count on the zs server

i know people have been asking for it because of the lag that is caused but it makes it harder to join zs server on certain days and plus player count isnt the cause of lag

its mainly the server when there are many things happening at once like a tram moving in a obj map with everyone on since it forces the players to move and something like on santa assassination at the beaver attack where many beavers come in to attack with the props and models of the beavers dead cause lag.

noting from the player actually cause the lag.

and if you play normal zs maps with everyone shooting, there is no lag caused

its mainly specific part of maps that cause many things to run at once that causes this

SO in the end increase player count back to normal since there is no issue with the player count it self

• Like 1

I haven't said anything because I didn't figure the player count would actually be changed but I agree with boxsnake. It seems that recently ZS players have started to "discover" they know the fix to every technical problem (this isn't an isolated incident) and they throw a temper tantrum until they get their way. I assure you everyone in HGDC especially for ZS knows what they are doing.

I haven't said anything because I didn't figure the player count would actually be changed but I agree with boxsnake. It seems that recently ZS players have started to "discover" they know the fix to every technical problem (this isn't an isolated incident) and they throw a temper tantrum until they get their way. I assure you everyone in HGDC especially for ZS knows what they are doing.

This has been since time in memorial. The term "customer is always correct" really does come to bite everyone in the arse in this case.

And also there's two sides here; HGDC can make improvements in places, there's always room to improve, such as a more optimized if statement, and so on. But I doubt they could do much more than stem the tide or cripple gameplay for performance. I'd rather have gameplay.

Letting people who haven't got a johnny clue decide something out of impulse because of something they heard from their twice meme'd on friend is not the way to go about it. If anything the performance schematics should really be monitored first, which is what we did way back when. Then once the performance schematic is got, then a sane solution can be found.

• Like 1

There are lag issues and to make people happy we lowered the playercount. The devs are always looking for ways to improve performance. For now, this allows us to potentially gain more ZS players purchasing reserved slots as well as will direct some when live is full to play oldschool ZS once its out.

• Like 1

There are lag issues and to make people happy we lowered the playercount. The devs are always looking for ways to improve performance. For now, this allows us to potentially gain more ZS players purchasing reserved slots as well as will direct some when live is full to play oldschool ZS once its out.

Like i said its not the servers player count that cuases this. read my post again since it seems you didnt.

i used to work on this kind of shit a long time ago

Like i said its not the servers player count that cuases this. read my post again since it seems you didnt.

i used to work on this kind of shit a long time ago

Sure I won't believe our devs, I'll just believe a player. I know the lag issues, right now a temporary solution is to lower the player count until we really find what the problem is. And we also plan on lowering it anyway if we release OSZS.

seems pretty evil to make players buy vip so they can get on a server dont you think? that wouldnt make people buy vip that would make people get on other servers. nobody wants to waste 10 dollars just to play on a server every month (considering they are only active on peak hours)

Once the map changes anyone can join again, its just for 1 map during and people leave its not hard to join.. If you cant be patient then just buy VIP. If you're gonna be cheap or don't have the money then wait a bit and keep trying.

only loyal players will keep on trying. new players will just get on other servers lol

I am gonna be honest with you our player base is big enough to stop bringing in more people for a few weeks we cap 100 people every day (before slot change) and you will never see the same people on the server at once. It is a massive player base. Edited by Jg.

85 players having a wonderful experience > 100 players having a laggy and possibly upsetting experience.

I can't afford VIP for a reserved slot and I can't log on until very late, to the point where 9/10 times it'll be filled. It sucks that some people have to get cut off but for the better of the server and for a more enjoyable overall experience for the players, it's best to keep it limited to make it as optimal as possible. At least that's how I see it~

• Like 2

I've done a alot of tests and everything into this. The lag is the player count because it doesn't matter what happens. During my tests if the playercount went above 83 at all be it with 82 bots or 82 players the server tickrate will ALWAYS start to drop the second players start to fire and the source of this issue is processing power, I used FProfiler and net_graph 4 the sources of the lag is not LUA and is internal engine functions that are just too much for the current processor to handle. None of these issues happened at player counts below 83 not even when every human fired at once. Garry's Mod does alot of internal shit that CSS, TF2 or CS:GO do so those versions of the source engine are a bad example if you plan to use them.

I see literally no reason to have a server that lags into oblivion just so a few people can have easier access to the server. More is NOT better

Edited by ForrestMarkX
  • Like 3

noting from the player actually cause the lag.

and if you play normal zs maps with everyone shooting, there is no lag caused

LOL the lag is create when human shoot zombie with +85 peoples. 85 slots is good, If you worry about server full at this moment that is called "the magic of summer" when summer is gone the server will be full only the week end and I know what I say because It's like this earch year

Edited by Trazix
  • Like 5

reading some of the post that say buy vip

not every one has money to buy that so its being a sellout

No, buying VIP is just an option to fully avoid connecting issues into ZS. If you don't wanna buy it wait in line if the server is full. Quality > Quantity. Nobody is being forced to buy VIP, we're just letting them know the alternative.

Obligatory #IBlameHomer

ZS is normally laggy because of how many people are playing it, but also because of all the props being moved and stuff at once.. A good idea is to just make another ZS server because if we have too big of a player cap, it will be laggy. If we lower the max player count, then people will complain of not being able to play. We should set up one or two more ZS servers similar to TF2's trade servers.

I assure you everyone in HGDC especially for ZS knows what they are doing.

HGDC has been for this since the beginning of July. I have pushed back until the end of their "optimization month" and still got the request from them to lower slots. It's not something I like doing at all, but I will, and did what I had to, to keep the server enjoyable.

• Like 1

Obligatory #IBlameHomer

ZS is normally laggy because of how many people are playing it, but also because of all the props being moved and stuff at once.. A good idea is to just make another ZS server because if we have too big of a player cap, it will be laggy. If we lower the max player count, then people will complain of not being able to play. We should set up one or two more ZS servers similar to TF2's trade servers.

we had east and central, but people only played on 1 server.

I think it pretty much forcing you to buy VIP on Garry's Mod HG to join the server.

Nope we ask for reduce the slot since more than 1 month. If it was for business with the VIP They would have done so long before the summer for preparing get the money.

• Like 1