Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Private Messaging

Shenanigans231

If this does ever become a thing (which i dont know if it will) mods+ should be able to keep an eye on them just to make sure that nothing cheeky is going on

I completely agree on mods watching what people are pm'ing to each other, because they could just be pm'ing each other words that break rules (racism) and it should work just like gang chat with admins.

I really think Devs should introduce private messaging in jailbreak to HG members. It would be more convenient to talk to someone in private. Like for e.g talk to a fellow friend on how to carry out a rebel plan or just talk to someone in private in general.

I also completely agree with this too because I can't add someone on steam sometimes bc my friends list is full and I don't want to delete anyone.

TL;DR: would be a great addition

Seems like steam messaging is a simple solution to this. In my opinion, this is just unnecessary while steam messaging provides everything this could ever give.

If this does ever become a thing (which i dont know if it will) mods+ should be able to keep an eye on them just to make sure that nothing cheeky is going on

Also, I don't believe mods would need to snoop anymore on people's privacy ;)

• Like 1

I personally believe mods should monitor Private messaging (if it becomes a thing). I agree with Finch that adding on steam is a pain if your friend list is full and that deleting someone just to add him and just talk to him privately is imo just not worth the hassle ,if you could just talk in-game

Ts..........Heard of that.......Also imo its just unnecescesary coding, i dont think it would be to difficult to code considering there are allready pms, just, unnecesceray, there are plenty of ways to chat, ts, steam, skype, discord...

I know this won't happen but what if someone u want to talk to isn't a member,Doesnt have TS or various software and you just want a quick chat with him privately

Edited by Shenanigans231

I know this won't happen but what if someone u want to talk to isn't a member,Doesnt have TS or various software and you just want a quick chat with him privately

You just answered yourself...it won't happen.

And you said he isnt a member, so even if what you suggested was to be pushed, he couldnt use it.

Edited by Eisen

some people dont have ts. And even if they did they would have to go to the forums and message a recruitment staff to get friend tags. Way more effort than its worth to talk to someone one time

Thats what steam is for, you have steam voice chat aswell, you dont have to add someone to messege them as far as i remember.

You have team chat, admin chat, pms that admins can send, gang chat, Steam and finally TeamSpeak/Discord. What else would one want? The chat is already full of certain rules, scripts, announcements and other people writing something in general, so I think an HG only chat would be a clusterfuck. I see the gang chat as the best thing to use, other than team chat of course :)

Edited by Comic King