Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Ttt New Rule Suggestion Thread

Something to counter 1 hit knives, like if you are being followed closely for 5-10 seconds and the person chasing has their knife out you can kos

Or just take it out. Why can't you backstab them? It's not easy but it's surely better than someone following you for 20 seconds to your death. That seems logical enough that you CAN already 1 hit knife with a backstab.

Something to counter 1 hit knives, like if you are being followed closely for 5-10 seconds and the person chasing has their knife out you can kos

Dont like this one. That can be part of the fun and mystery of running with knife out. Would rather it be if an attempt to knife you is made then they can shoot you, if person is innocent((T baiting and caught more than once its a slay-kick-ban )

• Like 1

i know i like to run around with my knife and this seems like it would lead to alot of just saying that they have been following you and KOS'ing them when people haven't actually been doing so

• Like 1

Dont like this one. That can be part of the fun and mystery of running with knife out. Would rather it be if an attempt to knife you is made then they can shoot you, if person is innocent((T baiting and caught more than once its a slay-kick-ban )

This is already a rule. Any attempt at killing you is KOsable.

I have some ideas in mind.

1. As discussed, something to counter one hit knife. I have no problem with it, but make it buyable once per round, or get rid of knife syphon that comes with it, or both. I prefer if it's just bought once like tasers.

2. Passing unidentified bodies should be KOSable. Literally passing by it as an inno is so idiotic, IDing bodies gets you credits and helps your inno team diminish possibilities for T's. If you're passing by it, that should be defined as a traitorous act.

3. Bring Kevlar as something everyone should have. No one buys it from the store. Every gun is pretty much one kill. Makes Innos indefensible when they have an AK while they get one tapped by someone with glock.

• Like 1

2. Passing unidentified bodies should be KOSable. Literally passing by it as an inno is so idiotic, IDing bodies gets you credits and helps your inno team diminish possibilities for T's. If you're passing by it, that should be defined as a traitorous act.

Players who are new to ttt will definitely ignore the dead bodies. Also due to this theres a high chance of killing innos. And if u kill 3 innos due to this reason, u might get console banned which we dont want it to happen to anyone !!!! Coz technically that is not rdms !!!

• Like 1

^^^ This is not true, a knife MUST make connection with player before you can call a true KOS. a swing and a miss is not KOSable. I dont totally agree with that rule, but this is what I was told by the writers of the quaran.

1. As discussed, something to counter one hit knife. I have no problem with it, but make it buyable once per round, or get rid of knife syphon that comes with it, or both. I prefer if it's just bought once like tasers.

(( 3x per map plz ))

(( not iding bodies is something that makes this a bit more T sided like it was originally laid out to be ))

3. Bring Kevlar as something everyone should have. No one buys it from the store. Every gun is pretty much one kill. Makes Innos indefensible when they have an AK while they get one tapped by someone with glock.

(( kevlar and such makes you kosable as a T makes it more interesting.

This is already a rule. Any attempt at killing you is KOsable. ^^^ This is not true, a knife MUST make connection with player before you can call a true KOS. a swing and a miss is not KOSable. I dont totally agree with that rule, but this is what I was told by the writers of the quaran.

Swinging your knife at someone is the same as shooting your gun at someone and missing. It's pretty much aiming to kill someone. It should and has to be KOSable.

Players who are new to ttt will definitely ignore the dead bodies. Also due to this theres a high chance of killing innos. And if u kill 3 innos due to this reason, u might get console banned which we dont want it to happen to anyone !!!! Coz technically that is not rdms !!!

Easily can be solved by putting it in the rulebook or rules, or having mods and admins tell new people.

Edited by Love

Swinging your knife at someone is the same as shooting your gun at someone and missing. It's pretty much aiming to kill someone. It should and has to be KOSable.

^^^ Totally agree, SWINGING at someone. running with no.

Easily can be solved by putting it in the rulebook or rules, or having mods and admins tell new people.

not really a fan of this one still.... i like ignoring bodies from time to time, makes the game more fun. and t sided

I don't play a TON of TTT, but I'd always wondered what it'd be like if there was no such thing as RDMing a traitor. There are plenty of times I am absolutely positive someone is a T and would be willing to bet my slay/kick/ban on it not being an RDM.

I'm also certain the rules are the way they are for a reason, and there are likely endless counterpoints to this idea, but I suppose that's what this thread is for.

Edit: My main reason for this is I dislike the "Common sense doesn't apply on TTT" which causes us to constantly have to explain to new players why they can't just shoot someone when it's blatant they are a traitor. Yes it'll lead to more RDMs, but it'll also make the gamemode more accessible to new players. Oftentimes they'll be visciously scorned for RDMing a traitor who was just around a corner and killed their friend which leads to them not wanting to stick around. People tend to understand getting slain if they make a mistake and kill an innocent, but I cannot begin to count the number of times I've had to explain the server rules to noobs.

Edited by bobbythed

I don't play a TON of TTT, but I'd always wondered what it'd be like if there was no such thing as RDMing a traitor. There are plenty of times I am absolutely positive someone is a T and would be willing to bet my slay/kick/ban on it not being an RDM.

I'm also certain the rules are the way they are for a reason, and there are likely endless counterpoints to this idea, but I suppose that's what this thread is for.

Edit: My main reason for this is I dislike the "Common sense doesn't apply on TTT" which causes us to constantly have to explain to new players why they can't just shoot someone when it's blatant they are a traitor. Yes it'll lead to more RDMs, but it'll also make the gamemode more accessible to new players. Oftentimes they'll be visciously scorned for RDMing a traitor who was just around a corner and killed their friend which leads to them not wanting to stick around. People tend to understand getting slain if they make a mistake and kill an innocent, but I cannot begin to count the number of times I've had to explain the server rules to noobs.

I would never like to see this added because being RDMed is frustrating enough and we don't need anymore added into the game.

wouldnt like this, this is something based off of logic, which is something that makes the HG TTT server different from others. we dont allow logic. it again makes things more T sided.

Referring to number 2 there is a couple issues.

Ex. Say you are running past an unidentified body as an INNO and you don't see it. And another person could be watching from a far or just simply walking by and they would have full right to kill them. This would simply not work.

1) limit the one hit knives .. 3 per round maybe ?!?

2) armors on everyone by default

I 100% agree with #1, backstabs are easy to get to be honest especially when theres no player collision you can literally walk through someone and backstab the usually no problem.

#2 I don't agree with this because I actually love TTT for the fact that shooting is realistic, for instance you shoot someone in the head and they're dead almost 9/10 times. In Jailbreak it's completely different & sometimes rather annoying when you use a whole clip into someone and they don't die. Obviously extra hp but you know what i mean :^)

As you said in your post there is a reason that the rule set that is currently in TTT is there. When TTT started there was a lot of debate on what shouldn't be and should be there rule wise. As a majority we decided the server shouldn't be as logic based as some forms of TTT (GMOD and some other CSGO servers). The reason logic is flawed and I will always argue against logic based TTT for our server is look at our population. We have a significant amount of young adults 13-16 year olds that play on our servers. Now I'm not saying they are stupid or that they lack logic, but most of the time we can all say a significant portion of these players can be toxic. This toxicity mixed in with the constant mic spam and constant talking on our server makes logic way harder to use reliably. Some servers run on a warning system (1. You see someone reload after hearing that gun shoot. Warning 1. and after having so many situations where they are suspicious you can kill them and call kos.) With our server there is 0 way to reliably keep track of these suspicions and logic just doesn't work on our server. Yes in my opinion killing someone in a closed room after hearing them gun someone down should be kos, but otherwise logic is just a stupid idea for TTT. Yes I realize I'm not giving any give on my opinion about this because it's been like this on our server from the start and it what makes our server unique from other TTT servers. If you want to play logic based TTT go play GMOD.

• Like 1

As you said in your post there is a reason that the rule set that is currently in TTT is there. When TTT started there was a lot of debate on what shouldn't be and should be there rule wise. As a majority we decided the server shouldn't be as logic based as some forms of TTT (GMOD and some other CSGO servers). The reason logic is flawed and I will always argue against logic based TTT for our server is look at our population. We have a significant amount of young adults 13-16 year olds that play on our servers. Now I'm not saying they are stupid or that they lack logic, but most of the time we can all say a significant portion of these players can be toxic. This toxicity mixed in with the constant mic spam and constant talking on our server makes logic way harder to use reliably. Some servers run on a warning system (1. You see someone reload after hearing that gun shoot. Warning 1. and after having so many situations where they are suspicious you can kill them and call kos.) With our server there is 0 way to reliably keep track of these suspicions and logic just doesn't work on our server. Yes in my opinion killing someone in a closed room after hearing them gun someone down should be kos, but otherwise logic is just a stupid idea for TTT. Yes I realize I'm not giving any give on my opinion about this because it's been like this on our server from the start and it what makes our server unique from other TTT servers. If you want to play logic based TTT go play GMOD.

Exactly. The rules are the rules. Why change what's working.

I understand this point and why the rules are the way they are, I just wish there was a fair and reasonable way to allow for KOSing blatant traitorous acts that are just barely outside your field of view. I was in the tunnels of clue the other day and a little ways behind a fellow innocent who turned around a corner in front of me. He then had a T run up behind him and shoot him with the T on my screen while the inno had just left it. I shot the T out of instinct as it was clear what just happened, but had to take a slay because "you couldn't see what he was shooting at". This kind of thing is extremely frustrating and I wish there was at least a way to soften the rules a little to avoid situations like this.

Exactly. The rules are the rules. Why change what's working.

"TTT New Rule Suggestion Thread", just a suggestion I thought I'd throw out there, thought that was what this thread was for...

Edited by bobbythed

I understand this point and why the rules are the way they are, I just wish there was a fair and reasonable way to allow for KOSing blatant traitorous acts that are just barely outside your field of view. I was in the tunnels of clue the other day and a little ways behind a fellow innocent who turned around a corner in front of me. He then had a T run up behind him and shoot him with the T on my screen while the inno had just left it. I shot the T out of instinct as it was clear what just happened, but had to take a slay because "you couldn't see what he was shooting at". This kind of thing is extremely frustrating and I wish there was at least a way to soften the rules a little to avoid situations like this.

"TTT New Rule Suggestion Thread", just a suggestion I thought I'd throw out there, thought that was what this thread was for...

For getting the rules of TttY written down. Not to be changing the came.

For getting the rules of TttY written down. Not to be changing the came.

Actually Bobby is completely in the right about suggesting change considering the name of the thread. If you are going to disagree with someone at least have some input rather than saying random things that have no constructive thought to them. I get what Bobby wants and it's definitely fair. The only issue with what he wants is that's it's a slippery slope rule wise.

• Like 1