Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

The Toxicity And Salt In 10 Man

Comic King

This is just a bunch of suggestions and I really think it would benefit the whole experience of the game. I'm not attacking anyone even though this thread is written because of some people's behaviour during 10 man.

FIRST I'd like to say that we should ban someone if they are being toxic and impolite or calling someone out in general just because they are failing the game. 10 man is a server where we play together to have fun and make jokes. It is a competitive game, but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to bash someone because they lost you a round in it. I feel everyone can keep their temper down a bit, no matter their character. If I can do it, so can you. It's called a scrim for a reason.

SECOND One more reason why someone shouldn't be toxic or just nitpicky or rude to someone or just calling you out because of your rank (comp ranks in CSGO should be totally irrelevant in a game of 10 man) is because it can spread on other people, making them involved with the fight, which could cause drama.

THIRD In my honest opinion, messages such as 'ez pz', 'later' or other copy-pastes or killing someone should be bannable. I've heard people get a bit salty over it.

FOURTH Telling somone how to play the game by telling them they are bad or just clearly picking on them for being a less skilled player should also be bannable.

Again, as I said above, 10 man is not a place for making enemies and cussing. It's also not a place to act like a smartass. Just play the game and enjoy it. Not everyone has a community in which they can play scrims with as many people as in HG.

• Like 13

THIRD In my honest opinion, messages such as 'ez pz', 'later' or other copy-pastes or killing someone should be bannable. I've heard people get a bit salty over it.

I disagree with this highly. 10Mans would be boring w/o the little taunt messages. It's similar to when you kill someone in TF2 then hit your taunt key. It's playful fun, and if you can't take a bit of trash talk, then just block the person that is making you mad, instead of making a whole big fuss about it.

• Like 4

I disagree with this highly. 10Mans would be boring w/o the little taunt messages. It's similar to when you kill someone in TF2 then hit your taunt key. It's playful fun, and if you can't take a bit of trash talk, then just block the person that is making you mad, instead of making a whole big fuss about it.

I agree with james for the third reason its just taunting and just messing with them a little u shouldnt get mad over this unless they do it every kill everything else u said comic i agree

Edited by StrawBerryNinja
  • Like 1

10 man is a server where we play together to have fun and make jokes.

Exactly man, we are trying to have fun and making jokes with our friends we play with. This might not happen every time, but a little bit of BM and a tolerable amount of "trash talking" is what makes the games competitive and fun. If everything is super strict, no one will have fun in 10mans and therefore no one will play 10mans. I am all for being nice and shit, but a little BM is healthy for a competitive and fulfilling game. Although, there is always a limit to things; if someone is being over excessively toxic or impolite they should definitely be punished.

At the end of the day, we are just teenagers playing video games; you can't really make people be super polite or not yell at a guy for making a bad play, it just is what it is sometimes.

• Like 3

Why can't the forums be like reddit and provide a -1 option

• Like 4

gotta say im misunderstanding this because the goal of tenmans to to kill people "killing someone should be bannable"

so lost lmao

My dearest apologies to you Past if I missed something. I think you can get the point even with the mistake :)

The thing I'm trying to say is, if you feel like you have to play seriously in a 10 man, don't get mad at someone who doesn't want to do it seriously. The point is to have fun and fucking enjoy the game. Sometimes people go overboard and ruin it by raging and stuff. Yeah sure we have those rules, but people that rage and start being too toxic just get away with it. I don't want to call out any names, but it's true. And I agree with some people here, if you are a sensitive snowflake, then just don't play 10man.

These are all already rules for just hg in general, it all can be summarized tldr style as dont be a dick.

People will talk shit, it may just be a random game that doesnt count towards anything, but its still setup in a competetive fashion. It also still takes the amount of time as a matchmade comp if not longer due to possible 30+ minutes of setup and waiting. So people dont like their time being wasted, especially since theyre locked into the whole match unless they sub out.

People get gagged muted or banned almost every 10 man. This thread is written as if people get away with being toxic pieces of shit. Perm bans have happened from 10mans.

Tldr: ppl will always be toxic, toxic will be punished

I would also like SpawnMatrix permanently banned forever because one time he killed me and typed l8r and I was sad

• Like 8

Partly agree with this

We all have those 1 or 2 people we think of when it comes to people that flirt with the boundary from general trash talk to toxicity...I know I can think of a few anyway.

Yes this is a competitive game and a little bit of general trash talk is expected, but when its the same person (usually younger players) on the receiving end of that trash talk/borderline toxicity, this can make them not enjoy themselves on 10man or in HG servers in general and may result in them not wanting to be part of HG anymore, which is always sad to see.

In my opinion common sense just needs to be used when this kind-hearted trash talk goes a bit far and starts to become targeted toxicity.

Then again, blocking is always an option if it bothers someone.

Don't agree with people saying "yeah of course its toxic its csgo duh!!!!!111!!!1!1"

• Like 3

Welcome to 10mans bro

Atleast you weren't around back in the CSS days... Some real dicks played

Seriously. I can't believe there are actually threads complaining about y'all's ten man's now. Back in the day jetta, koth , and I would rip in to jail breakers in ten man's. I don't know y'all's rules but since I've been back nobody has even been what I would consider mean. I think y'all's ten man's are supposed to be more competitive and with that is going to come a skill gap. If you can't play with that skill gap and understand that if you are bad you might get shit talked then don't play.