Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Factorio

imasonaz

• Executive Council

Hey kids, rounding up people to play factorio multi-player. We have a pretty good group already playing, but want to include anyone else who is interested in actually playing. Add me on steam and we can play!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/imasonaz/

• Like 1

• Executive Council

Tell me what factorio is and maybe I'll join :)

http://store.steampo...27520/Factorio/

My best description is a cross between a city builder, minecraft, and maybe the CIV games, in 3rd person. You build factories to automate item construction, build more complex items, and grow your production. There is a demo you can try on steam. It's still in beta, so not 100% complete, but still very fun.

• Like 3

http://store.steampo...27520/Factorio/

My best description is a cross between a city builder, minecraft, and maybe the CIV games, in 3rd person. You build factories to automate item construction, build more complex items, and grow your production. There is a demo you can try on steam. It's still in beta, so not 100% complete, but still very fun.

Is it free and is it multiplayer?

• Executive Council

Is it free and is it multiplayer?

The demo is free, the game it $20. The developer has stated it will not go on sale in early access, and will likely never be cheaper than it is in EA.

There is a campaign, open-world single, and multi-player (hence this post) where you can build bases together, or PvP (depending on the server). There are also a number of challenge maps, where you connect items from one end to the other, or learn how to deal with complex systems, trains, etc.

The game is most appealing to people who enjoy complex games, puzzles, and rabbit-holes. The closest thing I've played to it would be some of the advanced Minecraft mods (like FTB direwolf 20)

The demo is free, the game it $20. The developer has stated it will not go on sale in early access, and will likely never be cheaper than it is in EA.

There is a campaign, open-world single, and multi-player (hence this post) where you can build bases together, or PvP (depending on the server). There are also a number of challenge maps, where you connect items from one end to the other, or learn how to deal with complex systems, trains, etc.

The game is most appealing to people who enjoy complex games, puzzles, and rabbit-holes. The closest thing I've played to it would be some of the advanced Minecraft mods (like FTB direwolf 20)

Welp if it costs $20 I can't get it unless somebody gifts me a copy