Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How To Revive Perp

PERP Tournament?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Having been a huge PERP player back in the day, I'd love to see PERP back up and running. Now the reason it consistently dies out, is that, well there isn't enough to do to keep playing it long term.

Now for my fun solution to that: make PERP competitive.

The Idea:

Run a two week tournament, where everyone's money is reset to $15,000, people create gangs with a max of 10 people, and the first gang to $2,000,000 will win $100 in real life. Heck, I'll donate the $100 to fund the first tournament. Note: people's genetics, cars, items, etc won't be reset, allowing players to build up advantages for the next tournament. After the two week tournament, there's a 1 week downtime, before the next tournament is started. During this 1 week downtime, people get back the money they normally have in their account.

Depending on how this first trial goes, the $2M win goal, and the time length of the tournament can be changed.

The beauty of all this, there are minimal edits to the server (just resetting money) required. From HG's monetary perspective, if at least 7 people sign up for gold, they've already broke even. The hard part is making sure Moderators are in place to ensure crazy rule breaking doesn't occur.

Edited by Shoubakka
  • Like 3

Great idea but its going to be the same cycle:

1. Someone suggests reviving PERP

2. Event starts to promote PERP

3. A good sum of 30-50 HG players

4. Struggle to attract new players

5. People get bored after some time

6. PERP dies

7. Refer to 1.

Call me pessimistic if you want. PERP is never going to be how it was back in 2013.

Edited by Manchu_OPFOR
  • Like 6

PERP as a gamemode itself is already dying(i would consider it dead already though). Might as well just scrap the PERP server and make it DarkRP where it will see some actual success.

Great idea but its going to be the same cycle:

1. Someone suggests reviving PERP

2. Event starts to promote PERP

3. A good sum of 30-50 HG players

4. Struggle to attract new players

5. People get bored after some time

6. PERP dies

7. Refer to 1.

Call me pessimistic if you want. PERP is never going to be how it was back in 2013.

You forgot a number, maybe between 3 and 4.

3b: Drama happens, people ragequit.

But in all seriousness, It'd be amazing to revive PERP, but I think it's just a lost cause at this point.

We'd all love to see it back and steady but... we're just attempting to beat a dead horse.

I love PERP just as much as you Shoub... but I think it's a thing in the past now :(

Edited by Suicide

I think you're missing what I'm saying. We're switching PERP to a new cycle, with what I'm suggesting.

The Cycle:

1. People form gangs of 10 people.

2. PERP enters tournament mode for 2 weeks (player money is reset to $15,000). First gang to 10 mil wins. Prize money of $100.

3. PERP enters normal mode for 2 weeks. People chill, figure out their new gangs for the next cycle.

4. Return to step 2.

If at least 7 people are subscribed for gold during each month, HG is making money off of the tournament.

• Like 1