Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

A New Voting System (Again)

The Gaming Limit

I don't know how long this vote style has been in this game however I feel like it has become repetitive.

Im a bit tired of waiting for new maps to come out for a day as most of the maps are the same ones that no one wants to play when it comes to the end of the votesystem, i understand that every map on the rotation should be played, however i dont want to play on the server all day one day and then the next have some of the more unplayed maps in zs be played, i would probably make it so past 2/3 of the maps add some of the already played maps back into the rotaion, and then keep adding them so then the votesystem will never be reset.

In short: After 2/3 of maps played, make it so 5-10 maps are added each time until it keeps reaching the 2/3 mark.

Since I was the one who kickstarted the overhaul, I might as well give my two cents. The end result was not what we wanted. When Super and I were brainstorming, we wanted the reset to be at around 70% of maps. With about 8 maps break between objectives and ze, it meant that you would not have a super long section of zs at the end. The downside is that the best zs maps would get picked early, but we had some potential ideas for that as well. The problem was that the voting system that was created doesn't mesh well with zs. We can't get it off 95%, meaning you have to play through every map but 4. I think the problem was that it counted off rotation maps. If you could figure out how to get it to actually reset at 70%, I think it would be a solid system.

idea:

after a map is selected the first time, it can be played a second time during rotation, but it would require 65% votes instead of the 51%. After the second it could go to 3 times or be locked until rotation is completed.

or there could be a "request clear" button on the rotation, and if 70% of people press it, it resets the map rotation.

Edited by Guest

idea:

after a map is selected the first time, it can be played a second time during rotation, but it would require 65% votes instead of the 51%. After the second it could go to 3 times or be locked until rotation is completed.

or there could be a "request clear" button on the rotation, and if 70% of people press it, it resets the map rotation.

Not a bad idea, its great for obj and maps like ancient sand, however I don't know how much of the voting addon could be modified to implement these changes. @devs