Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Team Fortress Fireside Chat (9/30/17)

Imperial Knight

Team Fortress 2 Fireside Chat

30 September 2017

TF2 leadership wants to hear your voice on what changes you want made in the division. This meeting is a community meeting, meaning anyone who plays Team Fortress 2 is welcome!

So that we can keep the meeting as organized as possible and let people plan out their thoughts, please use the following template to fill out what you want discussed in the meeting. This of course is not a requirement, though we will go through these first then allow an open floor for discussion.

Event Information

Specifics of the event: where and when it's happening as well as who may attend.

Host: Team Fortress 2 Leadership (dS, dL)

When: September 30th, 2017 4:00 PM Pacific / 5:00 PM Mountain / 6:00 PM Central / 7:00 Eastern

Where: HeLLsGamers TeamSpeak (voice.hellsgamers.com:2012)

Who May Attend: Friend of HG to HG | Veteran :veteran: (If you do not have Friend of HG tags on TeamSpeak, please come early to get them)

Event Link: https://hellsgamers....-fireside-chat/ - Please RSVP (Note: the event itself does not account for day light savings, use times above)

General Rules

The template you can use for replying to this thread.

• Replies not using the correct template format will be hidden.
  • No discussions in this thread, that’s what the meeting is for.
  • No discussions of promotions of specific moderators or leadership, this meeting is to improve the division. This does not mean that you cannot discuss moderator or leadership policies.
  • Respect other people's opinions, you can argue your point but do not be disrespectful or rude.
  • Please talk one at a time so that we may have a more productive meeting.
  • No drama.
  • Please do not mic spam.

Template for Posting

The template you can use for replying to this thread. Replies not following this template will be hidden.

Topic: (Specific server or all servers, Forums, TS3)

Type of Post: (Recommendation, Question, Other)

Description:

Useful Links

Some useful links to look at before suggesting things.

If you have any questions feel free to contact a member of leadership. We hope to see you there! :)

• Like 2

Topic: Servers (TF2 JB Server)

Type of Post: Recommendation

Description: I suggest we switch the current map we have with something else, I often find the server boring and plain. When I go to other communities JB servers. I often see more Minecraft maps or a huge map where there are many things to do and to go to, and they actually look pretty nice. Maybe once we change the map we'll start gaining more population and maybe more HG Members. I know we lost some [HG] Members because of the current state of the TF2 Jb Server.

Topic: TF2 Moderators

Type of Post: Other

Description: I have multiple things to say about things that are related to [M]. I think TF2 Leadership should start being more strict with activity. I know people can become busy, especially when School is going on, but I know they're some people who have nothing to do and have a lot of Free Time, and half of it isn't even going to moderating the Servers. Some just idle or AFK and do nothing.

Another thing I wanted to talk about was making different TF2 Moderator Applications kinda like how the CS:GO Division has. They have a bunch of different servers and have certain positions for those people who want to apply for mod. Ex: TF2 Moderator (Trade Servers), TF2 Moderator (Jailbreak), TF2 Moderator (Prophunt), TF2 Moderator (Mario Kart), etc. I just think it would be a nice feature. Also how about closing the Mod apps. We have a BUNCH of Moderators for TF2 right now and I don't think we need any more at the moment, so Just lock the topic for now and unlock it when we're looking for more Mods.

Have TF2 Moderators populate the poor servers. Possibly add it as a guideline that we must at least try to populate the other servers that aren't doing so well.

Topic: TeamSpeak

Type of Post: Suggestion

Description: Instead of having a Poke for help desk for the TF2 Mods, how about we just give every trustable TF2 Mod channel admin for all the TF2 Channels since not every moderator uses the Poke for Help Desk and people mostly poke our main client instead of our Poke for help client. Just an idea.

Topic: TF2 Forums

Description: Remove some threads that are pinned, some of the threads don't need to be pinned anymore. Pretty simple.

Topic: Servers

Description: Allow some trusted Mods to be able to raffle. I see no harm in it and we could allow only a couple of trusted mods to do so.

Description: Replace one of the trade servers maps with a different one. Maybe try Trade 2 and see how it goes.

Description: Bring the Model Manager to Trade 2 and maybe other Servers.

Topic: Rules

Description: Change one of the rules that is meant mostly for the Arena (Boxing Ring) Change the rule from Multiple people can be in the ring unless someone is betting or something to only allow two people in the ring at a time cause it causes players to anger and some leave the server because of it. Seems like a nice idea to be honest.

Shout out to my boyo Imperial Knight for giving me my post back.

;) Can't wait for this TF2 Meeting. :D

Edited by brgr.
  • Like 1

Description: I have multiple things to say about things that are related to [M]. I think TF2 Leadership should start being more strict with activity. I know people can become busy, especially when School is going on, but I know they're some people who have nothing to do and have a lot of Free Time, and half of it isn't even going to moderating the Servers. Some just idle or AFK and do nothing.

Another thing I wanted to talk about was making different TF2 Moderator Applications kinda like how the CS:GO Division has. They have a bunch of different servers and have certain positions for those people who want to apply for mod. Ex: TF2 Moderator (Trade Servers), TF2 Moderator (Jailbreak), TF2 Moderator (Prophunt), TF2 Moderator (Mario Kart), etc. I just think it would be a nice feature. Also how about closing the Mod apps. We have a BUNCH of Moderators for TF2 right now and I don't think we need any more at the moment, so Just lock the topic for now and unlock it when we're looking for more Mods.

Have TF2 Moderators populate the poor servers. Possibly add it as a guideline that we must at least try to populate the other servers that aren't doing so well.

ill also suggest this for leadership

no disrespect towards leadership but it really triggers me when we have inactive leadership (they check the forums, yeah. but they dont actually play the game)

i have nothing against leadership i just dont understand why we have tf2 staff that dont play tf2? i understand not being able to with irl stuff. but some staff just choose not to play.

• Like 2

21 people attended this weenie roast - yay! :-)

Topic: Servers (TF2 JB Server)

Description: I suggest we switch the current map we have with something else, I often find the server boring and plain. When I go to other communities JB servers. I often see more Minecraft maps or a huge map where there are many things to do and to go to, and they actually look pretty nice. Maybe once we change the map we'll start gaining more population and maybe more HG Members. I know we lost some [HG] Members because of the current state of the TF2 Jb Server.

>>>Supa Dupa is working on it - tedious...

>>> in progress

>>> we don't operate like that so no

>>> doing something division wide

Topic: TeamSpeak

Description: Instead of having a Poke for help desk for the TF2 Mods, how about we just give every trustable TF2 Mod channel admin for all the TF2 Channels since not every moderator uses the Poke for Help Desk and people mostly poke our main client instead of our Poke for help client. Just an idea.

>>> no.

Topic: TF2 Forums

Description: Remove some threads that are pinned, some of the threads don't need to be pinned anymore. Pretty simple.

>>> make your chat box bigger no longer works

Description: Allow some trusted Mods to be able to raffle. I see no harm in it and we could allow only a couple of trusted mods to do so.

>>> I will discuss with staff

Description: Replace one of the trade servers maps with a different one. Maybe try Trade 2 and see how it goes.

>>> Find me a decent map

Description: Bring the Model Manager to Trade 2 and maybe other Servers.

>>> No.

Topic: Rules

Description: Change one of the rules that is meant mostly for the Arena (Boxing Ring) Change the rule from Multiple people can be in the ring unless someone is betting or something to only allow two people in the ring at a time cause it causes players to anger and some leave the server because of it. Seems like a nice idea to be honest.

>>>I'll look at the rules to see if it can be made clearer

Q: can someone do something about the portal glitching in the ring?

A:Supa is working on preventing portal glitching

----

no disrespect towards leadership but it really triggers me when we have inactive leadership (they check the forums, yeah. but they dont actually play the game)

i have nothing against leadership i just dont understand why we have tf2 staff that dont play tf2? i understand not being able to with irl stuff. but some staff just choose not to play.

>>> I'm monitoring activity

---

Duphin

- What are we doing about low pop servers?

A: We're running population missions at the moment, Trade 1 for the next week.

-What about a x10 server?

A: apparently this is laggy???

Spawnmatrix

- Me saying Me

Combine

- Inspect all plugin?

A: I've added it to the todo list to look into

"I am a sausagefest"

• Like 1