Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Crap Build

deadstorm17

I threw this together

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cwCYkT

Some of my reasoning:

Ryzen 7 1700: with 8 cores at 3.0ghz this thing is a gaming machine and will rip apart anything at its price point

Corsair h100i v2: This will keep your cpu at reasonable temperature at high overclocks, and it looks really nice aesthetically.

32gb 3200mhz ram: Since you said you would do some coding, engineering, and gaming, I figured that 32gb would be a great choice with ram-demanding CAD software.

4tb hdd: This is a great price right now for so much storage, and you should never have to worry with high-storage apps.

1tb m.2 ssd: With this ssd you can put your os, all your games, and other important things that you want to be able to run with better speed

Gtx 1080 windforce oc: i have this card and personally its a beast. It runs every game at 1080p ultra graphics and doesnt flinch. With 3 fans it stays at a reasonable temperature.

Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case: This case is a beauty and it cable manages really well

Evga 650w gold+ fully modular psu: this will handle your load and being modular and 80+ its a great choice

Asus - MG279Q 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor: I took this review from someones pcpartpicker post: These monitors are beautiful (and, no s*** they should be, given the price). I chose these over the ROG Swift due to the inclusion of IPS (The IPS ROG Swift wasn't out yet when I got them, and I didn't want to pay 800$ each/300$ more just for G-Sync). 2 of them have a little bit of IPS glow when the display is black, but it doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it to be honest. 144Hz is bomb. If your friend tells you "60 Hz is good enough" or the classic "The eye can't see more then 30 FPS" statement, go tell him to (insert mean thing here). Recommend.

Edited by slav
  • Like 1

I think that is way too much RAM for what you need lol. Could save so much more money by either doing 4 x 4gb or 2 x 8gb. Plus if you are going with an 1800x, you dont need a 100 liquid CPU cooler, could save more money there too. Other wise looks good.

The 1800x gets hot as hell so i would consider it necessary, and with the big window case it helps with the overall aesthetics if thats what you're going for. For the ram, i think 16gb would barely cut it for what hes doing, and 32gb could handle every program with ease