Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Jetpacks Too Op?

QuartzTrooper

So, I've been playing on HG servers for a long time now, but one of the most annoying things about one of the most populated minecraft trade servers(67.228.245.2:27016) is how often people use jetpacks.

People jetpack into combat, out of combat, during combat, you name it. I feel like this is unfair, as you would be playing normally until some demo/engi/pyro appears behind you without warning.

I feel like the jetpacks ruin the server leaderboards, as I(who rarely ever uses jetpack, even more so during combat) who was once in 11th place, got kicked back to 660+ due to players overusing jetpacks. I have regained foothold in the leaderboards, but, as I stated before, jetpacks make leaderboards nearly useless, as they are frequently dominated by people who use jetpacks nonstop. I would rather have the leaderboards be dominated by the skilled, than people who overuse jetpacks.

I do understand that everyone has access to jetpacks, but having jetpacks is very frustrating as sniper(and any other class really), as all you hear is a *crunch* of the enemy player next to you before you get killed. Again and again.

Now, I'm fairly certain that if I asked you guys to remove jetpack, you guys would state various reasons, from "It's a jetpack server" and "But I use it a lot and I don't see a problem", to "everyone has access to it". So, what I would like to see for jetpack, is a jetpack limit, so that you cannot endlessly fly around the map, killing everyone nonstop. Maybe have it like a 7 second max jetpack, with 3 seconds required to replenish 1 second of jetpack. This way, those who would want to use jetpack would still be able to, while those who abuse it get restricted in their usage.

Just a suggestion to a problem that desperately needs attention brought to you by yours truly,

QuartzTrooper

If everyone can use something, it's not unfair.

The majority of players, especially regular players, enjoy the jet pack feature. I also play sniper often and so do many other regulars who enjoy the jetpack.

Jetpack adds a new dynamic and set of playing styles to the game, perhaps you should try not scoping as a sniper

• Like 4

It is a trade server, there is so much random shit that goes on, from resizing to go-karts, that jetpacks just play another role in the fun chaos.

If everyone can use something, it's not unfair.

^^^ 100% true.

Obviously, the trade server is meant for trading, but apart from that it is a 0 second respawn server with 100% crits and bosses. The server is meant for fun.

• Like 1

Jetpack, like any aspect of any game, takes practice to use it well. It's easy to take the high road of "It's not in the main game and I'm above that" but everyone has access to it. I use to have that mindset, but once I got the hang of it, I saw new strategies and found it to be fun. Hell, I suck as Demoman outside of HG, but I've found bombing others to be alot of fun. Fight fire with fire.

I understand where you are coming from with your reasoning. But with respect, you are one with a few. The Trade servers #1-5 all have jetpack with a few others. It has become and always will be the most used and unbeatable plugin to the server. Removing that would make many people who enjoy it (like me) leave. Many people from the servers are experienced with it. Unfortunately, everyone goes through a time when they get their asses kicked from not knowing how to fight the people with jetpack. But changing the properties of the command itself and possibly altering it's power and usage abilities will eventually lead to unfairness and complaints making Management, (Misc) have steam blowing out of their ears. The TF2 Division has had other complaints such as this and the majority of the people from the server and people from the HG community have and will stand by the current setup of the server. How it is currently also brings people to our servers in the dozens. I see very few people without jetpack bound for use within the server. Due to it being access-able and usable by every one, there is no abuse brought by nonstop use of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...