Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Kobolds And Catacombs

Eton145

First, HG's auto correct tried to turn Kobolds into Cuckolds. Go ahead and type it and see for yourself. I almost named this "Cuckolds and Catacombs" by accident.

New Hearthstone update will give many, if not all classes Legendary Weapons. Now that all classes can run weapons, it is highly recommenced that all decks you run have at least one or two weapon removal minions. Harrison Jones, the classic legendary minion, will see a MAJOR usage% boost. In case you don't know the Harrison Jones card, it is a 5 mana 5/4 minion whose battle-cry destroys your opponents weapon and you draw 1 card for each durability removed. For 5 mana, assuming your opponent has a weapon, you can draw anywhere from 1 to 4 cards. I personally have never had a game where my opponent had a weapon with more than 4 durability. The 3/3 gluttonous ooze is not recommenced because when it destroys the weapon in question, you gain armor equal to it's attack but many of the new weapons have 0 attack.

Whats the new Meta? What is the new easy Legend ranking deck? I have no clue but I sure as hell am going to lose at least 20 games to it.

The new Hearthstone expansion is expected to be released sometime as early as late December or early January.

More posts will be added to this as more Hearthstone Cards are released.

For now however, I recommend that you watch out for the new Mage Weapon, Aluneth. It does not look like the weapon loses any durability each time it's effect occurs and it's effect is that you draw 3 cards at the end of your turn. Any non-aggro mage deck that runs this card is definitely going to regret it. Non-aggro mage means that they are always going to have a lot of cards in hand. There are a fair amount of cards that specialize against High Cards in hand decks. Depending on what you are mainly going against, if they are handlock decks, then your best bet is to run cards such as Cold-light Oracle (Both players draw 2 cards, if either players hand is full, the card is discarded), for 3 mana, you could essentially remove their win condition cards by sheer luck alone and since Oracle is a rare minion, you can play 2 of them and make your opponent discard up to 4 cards. Your other option is to ignore their weapon and hope they draw themselves to death via fatigue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More cards released.

Hidden Potential of the Recruit system. Recruit = Summon a minion from your deck. Their battle-cry is NOT activated. I.E. use the Recruit system to summon great minions without their faulty battle-cries bringing them down. Example - Silver Vanguard 7 mana for a 3/3. When it dies you "recruit" a 8 mana cost minion. The best thing to get for this example is Charge Devilsuar. A 8 mana 7/7 with charge - Battle-cry "Can not attack heros this turn." Negative battle-cry negated by recruit Summon.

Other noteworthy cards that have been released are:

'Carnivorous Cube' - Just hit one of your minions to trigger their death-rattle or hit one of your weakened taunt minions to get 2 more later and temp protect it from AOE

'Spiteful summoner' - RNG based card. Ideally you will reveal your highest cost spell and therefore summon a high cost minion.

'Zola the Gorgon' - What is better than playing 1 board-changing minion? Playing a SECOND GOLDEN ONE!

'Twig of the World Tree' - I do not see this getting used much since if you equip it turn 4, by the time you would get it naturally destroyed, you would already have at least 8 mana. You COULD use it to prevent your opponent from playing any minions that have specific weapon altering effects such as most of the Oozes. The earliest you could get this weapon out is turn 1 or 2 based on other mana related cards

'Kathrena Winterwisp' - She is the Aya Blackpaw of beasts. Any Control hunter that plays this (Since I doubt any aggro hunter would use this) Would hope for their 2 highest cost beasts or anything with charge.

'Temporus' - What are you insane? I should never expect there to be a time when you would need to play this card. This card is borderline baiting suicide. If you can play this card and still win, you probably would've won without playing it anyways. If you are going to play this card, then be incredibly sure that there is no way your opponent can kill you in those 2 turns. Best way to make sure is add up all of the minions attk on their side of the field, multiple that by 2, and add 20 to it. Why add 20? Pyroblast X2 + they can play minions their first turn and the minions can attk on the 2nd turn.

'Dragon Soul' - I think it is OP. Use Radiant Elemental to reduce spell costs, play Holy Word: Shield on it so that is spell 1 + 1 card draw for free, then play Shadow visions for spell 2 and get your guaranteed spell 3.

Rouge Secrets - God damn it Hearthstone...

'Grumble, WorldShaker' - Ideally you want to Saronite Chain gang the crap out of your field so that way you will have a mini-hoard of them. Then when you play your mini-hoard of Chain Gangs - you can Evolve spam them via Evolve card, Deathknight card, Deathknight hero power.

More to come later