Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Why Am I Still Using A Mac?

Raptor

Alright guys its your friendly neighborhood dino here but this time I need a lot of your help.

So with Black Friday being today and Cyber Monday coming up very soon I think I can catch some really good deals on parts to build a nice gaming computer. However, since i've been playing video games on my macbook pro for the past 7 years I have absolutely no fucking clue what parts to buy and how much. So, could you guys help me pick some decent parts that will allow me to play games like PUBG, Total War, CS:GO and League with little to no problems(although I don't need to play them on max settings).

Budget: Less than $1000 for everything please(including keyboard, mouse and hopefully monitor; I think this is reasonable but I really don't know)

Thanks! :D

QlrwN.gif

Meh, I can build you a system for under 1000 for everything, but even with black friday and cyber monday you will struggle on PUBG and League. Because Monitors aren't cheap...

If the monitor is the only thing holding it back then you could take that out of the build. I know monitors are a big part of it so I'll be willing to drop a little more on it but I would really like everything else to be less than $1000

Alright guys its your friendly neighborhood dino here but this time I need a lot of your help.

So with Black Friday being today and Cyber Monday coming up very soon I think I can catch some really good deals on parts to build a nice gaming computer. However, since i've been playing video games on my macbook pro for the past 7 years I have absolutely no fucking clue what parts to buy and how much. So, could you guys help me pick some decent parts that will allow me to play games like PUBG, Total War, CS:GO and League with little to no problems(although I don't need to play them on max settings).

Budget: Less than $1000 for everything please(including keyboard, mouse and hopefully monitor; I think this is reasonable but I really don't know)

Thanks! :D

QlrwN.gif

All under 1000 and with everything ;)https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bCsjf8 and ssd

Edited by StrawBerry
  • Like 1

you should drop the 1060 for a 1050 or a 1050 ti, would save him more $.

A 1050 or 1050 it couldn't run pubg on very low at over 45 fps.

everything ;)

You forgot Windows, and I would also use a 1600 because for black friday its only $15 more.

Also, I wouldn't cheap out on a mouse or keyboard. They are the two things you will be using the most and you don't want to constantly have something you don't like or something you're having a bad experience with.

This video

explains why the 1060 would be the best for 1080p gaming based on performance/dollar.

Some people may disagree but I think at any budget under $1000 you should always go AMD. They have the greatest performance/dollar in that price range and they will last a very long time.

A 1050 or 1050 it couldn't run pubg on very low at over 45 fps.

You forgot Windows, and I would also use a 1600 because for black friday its only $15 more.

Also, I wouldn't cheap out on a mouse or keyboard. They are the two things you will be using the most and you don't want to constantly have something you don't like or something you're having a bad experience with.

This video

explains why the 1060 would be the best for 1080p gaming based on performance/dollar.

Some people may disagree but I think at any budget under $1000 you should always go AMD. They have the greatest performance/dollar in that price range and they will last a very long time.

fyi u don't count windows in the budget

Thanks for all the suggestions guys; i've decided that i'm gonna put in a little more to buy some better parts that will help me in the long run. My good buddy that knows computer parts will help me pick the best ones from here and deals on cyber Monday and i'll post my final build here once I get all the parts :D

Also, i've been a Trackpad warrior this whole time so I will probably just go with the most common gaming mouse and stick with it