Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

I Need Advices Pls

Hello young plebsters :)

For the past 2.5 years I've owned the Samsung Galaxy S5. For a few months now, the phone has been struggling with some newer apps and games (out of which some barely run at 10 FPS) including Facebook Messanger which has a lot of great functions, but generally slows the phone down trumendeously and drains the battery quite fast. 2GB of RAM on a phone in 2017 is too little I guess.

Now, I've been looking at phones from OnePlus and was wondering if anyone of you cuties has any experience with OnePlus phones.

I was thinking of buying the OnePlus 5T, their newest phone, because it is pretty fast and has a great camera (I like taking pictures woo). The OnePlus 5T also has a stunning 8GB RAM and has the newest-gen Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor boosted to 2.4 GHz. The 8GB model is available for about 560 USD, and is more powerful than the iPhone X (1000 USD).

Pls giv ur thoughts my friends :) and help your sexy friend out

Edited by Comic King

I haven't had any experiences with the OnePlus 5T but after looking at some videos about the phone, It looks way better than the current phone you have! :D

Also looks like the OnePlus 5T can run games pretty well but I HIGHLY doubt that. It might get slow at some times but I think that happens with all phones, no?

Anyways, If I were you and I was looking for an upgrade, I'd totally get that phone. :)

Edited by brgr.

Definitely get a newer phone. I'd recommend the Razer phone, an iPhone 7 (8 and X don't add anything good), or whatever the newest samsung is.

Well, I think the iPhone 7 Plus costs the same as the OnePlus 5T right now... And I'd say it's less poweful.

I was also looking at Samsung Galaxy S8+, but with only 4 gigs of ram and for about the same price as the OnePlus 5T, you still get less and the laggy Touchwizz, along with 50 bloatware apps. I just decided to pass on the S8, but thanks for the advice Jxhn :D

• Like 1

I also had the Galaxy S5 for a few years and loved it, until it started failing. I upgraded to the Galaxy S7 Edge, and it's an amazing phone. If you liked the Galaxy S5 a lot, there's not a huge difference between the S7 Edge and that. Very good camera, lightweight, runs faster, lots of storage, durable. Very good phone

• Like 1

going from android to ios is a fucking trip. I prefer android, as iOS is meant to be user friendly where as android are all more about what you can do with the phone.

oh and the fbook app sucks ass

I've got the s7edge same as sol I won't ever switch from a Samsung phone again

• Like 1

I also had the Galaxy S5 for a few years and loved it, until it started failing. I upgraded to the Galaxy S7 Edge, and it's an amazing phone. If you liked the Galaxy S5 a lot, there's not a huge difference between the S7 Edge and that. Very good camera, lightweight, runs faster, lots of storage, durable. Very good phone

Thanks for the recommendation! But I still don't think that Samsung will do me good. Yes, they make good phones, but they get slower very fast and I don't like it... And as I've said, they usually include a shit ton of bloatware :( My Galaxy S5 is a great phone, but is getting slowed down by those pre-installed apps...

I know this is a late post but just throwing it out there, if you can get ahold of one without breaking your bank the Note8 is very VERY good.

I've had it since it came out, have not had any slow down. Been enjoying it a lot. ^-^ Also can safely say it will not explode like my Note 7 did... :l

• Like 1

I know this is a late post but just throwing it out there, if you can get ahold of one without breaking your bank the Note8 is very VERY good.

I've had it since it came out, have not had any slow down. Been enjoying it a lot. ^-^ Also can safely say it will not explode like my Note 7 did... :l

Was thinking of getting the Note 8 because of its camera, which is probably the best one out there. However, my budget this time around is a bit tighter and I will have to stay below 600$. But thanks for the recommendation! If I get a hold of a bigger budget, I'll surely take your experience into consideration :D

I have the iPhone X incoming hate and I'm just going to say its the best phone I have ever had, and I won't be getting another one anytime soon. If you don't wanna spend the money, get the oneplus 5T.

We have an Apple reseller store here and I've held the phone in my hand and tested the UI and I was blown away by how sexy and fluid it was. The camera was also pretty good. However, the phone here costs 1600$, so I just decided to skip... But all in all a great phone :)

Was thinking of getting the Note 8 because of its camera, which is probably the best one out there. However, my budget this time around is a bit tighter and I will have to stay below 600$. But thanks for the recommendation! If I get a hold of a bigger budget, I'll surely take your experience into consideration :D

We have an Apple reseller store here and I've held the phone in my hand and tested the UI and I was blown away by how sexy and fluid it was. The camera was also pretty good. However, the phone here costs 1600$, so I just decided to skip... But all in all a great phone :)

thought the iphone x costs 1000$?

• 3 weeks later...