Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Questions

QuantumMass

Disclaimer: If this post causes any controversy/drama at all it will be taken down immediately

Just to be my curious old self, why do people, such as yourselves, collect arms? Is it for the security/safety? The novelty?

Personally I am very opinionated when it comes to my stance on guns and I would like a clearer image of what weapon owners are thinking.

I find it strange that if an American owns a gun it's just expected, but if someone over here did it'd be a huge shock.

e.g. with Ruthless carrying a glock in his car, if I got in my friends car and he was like yeah I've got a glock chilling in the glove box i'd be like "WHAT THE FUCK MAN" but I'm sure in America it's like "okay cool nice_dude"

Not sure where my stance is, I just find the difference in norms between US and UK amazing

For me, I have firearms for safety. Not so much for people, more for bears and mountain lions. I don't wanna get eaten :(

Of course, I'd rather not kill them if I don't have to. :( But I think my desire to not get eaten is stronger than my empathy.

Anyway, I do actually know some people who just love to collect them and target practice. I mean, I will admit I have enjoyed shooting targets as well. As long as you treat the weapon with respect and point it only at what you intend to destroy, you are more or less safe.

Looking at the U.S. Constitution we have guns for self protection. America just fought a long war to free themselves from the tyrannical rule of Britain, and wanted a way to prevent that from happening in the future. So, they armed their citizens.

For me, I am very pro-gun. Ive grown up in a family where pretty much eveyone got a LTC (liscense to carry) when they turned 21. While theres a good chance you will never use it in your life for protection, its always good to keep on you in case that day does come.

In terms of gun control, too much doesnt work, but we obviously still need some. Criminals will always get guns, they would just obtain them illegally.

Statistically, more guns = less crime. A couple Harvard professors actually did a study in Europe, and found that nations with the lowest rates of gun ownership have a combined murder rate three times higher than that of nations with the highest rates of gun ownership.

In Europe, Norway as the highest gun ownership, and the lowest murder rates. In Holland, they have the lowest gun ownership, and the worst murder rates.

I personally own an M1 Garand that I use for WW2 reinactment that is modifed to shoot .308 blanks and can be easily changed to shoot the normal 30-06.

Otherwise I use guns to shoot for fun which is just a blast.

WW2 reenactments? That sounds really interesting and cool :D

Also, I do love to target practice myself. The only time I didn't was when my cousin had me shoot what they called an 'elephant gun'...It knocked me over instantly :'D