Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What Would Make You Join Zm?

ValueSensei

I don't have any power over the server, obviously, but I am genuinely curious what people would want to see on Zombie-Master to make them join. Is it that the server needs more content? Or would events be better? Either way I will genuinely try to see what I can do to help. ZM is always fun to play, and I'd love to see more of you on there! :)

Also, if you don't want to post a suggestion on here feel free to add me on Steam, or poke me on T/S and tell me there! ^-^

Disclaimer - Once again, I have no power to implement any changes to the server, but I will do whatever I can! :)

I played it once on my Mac when we had that event and it was laggy as absolute fuck so maybe if it isn’t laggy and people get on, I would join.

I think I remember that. I'm going to mention it to Ryze. I know it still had some bugs certainly, but it is a lot more fun when more people are on. Less fun with 2 or three. Zombie-Master is at its best at around 20-30 people. :D

I feel like there should be some kind of a competition or something, I could supply some kind of a basic prize. The biggest issue I have at the moment is finding someone in Gmod division who has time to listen to my ideas.

I think I remember that. I'm going to mention it to Ryze. I know it still had some bugs certainly, but it is a lot more fun when more people are on. Less fun with 2 or three. Zombie-Master is at its best at around 20-30 people. :D

I feel like there should be some kind of a competition or something, I could supply some kind of a basic prize. The biggest issue I have at the moment is finding someone in Gmod division who has time to listen to my ideas.

I would recommend you make an event idea in the HGCE event forums :)

• Like 1

I would recommend you make an event idea in the HGCE event forums :)

I probably will, but only once I can come up with a good idea that isn't terrible! :D Till then, I'll be working mostly on trying to get more on the server hopefully. Either way, I wanna know what everyone thinks and you've already helped, so thank you!

• Like 1

Well, when i first played zm it was just a few of us, but you guys showed me how to play and now i really like zm! It's a fun gamemode, however, the population is generally pretty low if not nonexistant, and (in my opinion) the gamemode seems a bit mistreated. It's pretty obvious that there isn't as much care put into zm as, say, zs, and that's sad. One helpful change, I think, would be to decrease the amount of maps, 'cause there's 100 (i believe) and most of them aren't even played. Even then, regardless of whether they have been played, it seems a decent amount of them have bugs here and there. I think it would be a smart idea to decrease the map pool by a lot, and go from there. Start out low, work out the broken parts of those maps and move forward. Aside from that, the gamemode in general has some bugs here and there aswell, and it is in a way like an early access. It's a fun gamemode, but it still needs a good amount of working on.

There's my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Definitely agree and thanks very much for saying what needs to be done. :) It helps to have people play to fish out bugs (Like the broken lift doors on that map we played.). I'll definitely pass everything along. I wish I could do more myself to fix things but again I intend to pass along everything. Also it is definitely more fun with lots of people! ^-^

• 1 month later...

A couple ideas:

Smaller map pool, try to restrict to the maps that were originally played often in the vanilla ZM (red queen, death run, shoop da whoop) +- a few others to change it up. Are you able to put the normal ones on rotation but still have everything votable?

Advertise a ZM Community game night: In a game with a population this low, it's often easier to specify a time so that there's a higher likelyhood of enough people being on to actually play.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...