Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What Kind Of Gaming Pc Should I Get Or Parts For A Gaming Pc?

Docket

Depends on the games you want to play, your budget, and whether or not you want to stream.

Here are my specs that work for every game and I can stream well with them:

Intel Core i7-7700k (High i5 would work just fine, or even a lower i7)

GTX 1070 Asus Turbo (980 would work well, as well as 1050 which is relatively lower)

16 GB RAM (8 GB would get you by on just about every game besides Rust possibly)

• Like 1

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7kpxLD this is just a suggestion i wouldn't buy a pc rn a gtx 1070 is going for 900$

You don't need a 6 GB Video Card

a 970 with 4GB is MORE than enough to play most games. I have a 970 and I played Wolfenstein 2, Prey, Destiny 2 all at 60 FPS at 1080p

You also don't need a 500 GB SSD. The only thing that should be put on SSDs are you Operating System and other essential programs you use 250 GB is plenty.

You don't need a 6 GB Video Card

a 970 with 4GB is MORE than enough to play most games. I have a 970 and I played Wolfenstein 2, Prey, Destiny 2 all at 60 FPS at 1080p

You also don't need a 500 GB SSD. The only thing that should be put on SSDs are you Operating System and other essential programs you use 250 GB is plenty.

it's mean't to last him a bit a 1060 6gb will be better for the future to not spend money on a gpu for like a year or 2

Is $900 your limit? Cause you could always go and get yourself a pre-built one like the iBuyPower AM901Z (Link below cause it's long af) and sell the current GPU (if not liked) and upgrade it with some extra bucks. Or the iBuyPower Trace 930. Both excellent computers for someone who is starting off with a proper gaming pc.

HOWEVER... I massively don't recommend going to your local Best Buy and say "What Gaming PC can I get for $900?" Cause that's what I did. I walked in with $500. I walked out with -$1300, you do the math. Then I added a customized water cooling loop to the CPU and GPU with a (soon to be) duel 240mm radiators. BASICALLY, build your own. Saves money and gives you experience with your PC. Trust me, It's so much better and easier to build your own rather then buy a pre-build and customize it. It's a pain in the ass. If you're wondering what I got, I bought an iBuyPower Trace 931 (specs on my profile, yeah I'm a spoiled guy and I know it..Sorry..)

AM901Z - https://www.amazon.c...s=p_4:iBUYPOWER

Trace 930 - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-desktop-intel-core-i7-7700-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-120gb-solid-state-drive-1tb-hard-drive-gray-black/6032004.p?skuId=6032004

Edited by Admiral MacK