Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

New Build

Sol07

Just finished my first build, boutta go from Silver 4 to Global so invest in me now...

Picked a horrible time to build a computer but my college financial aid gave me mad cash so whatever

Main Build

CPU- Intel i7 7700k 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ~ $329.89

GPU- EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ~ $369.89

Motherboard- Asus ROG STRIX Z270-E ATX LGA1151 ~ $170.98

RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 ~ $218.32

HDD- Western Digital 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM ~ $119.99

SSD- Samsung 850 EVO Series 500GB 2.5" ~ $139.99

PSU- EVGA Supernova G2 850W Fully-Modular ATX ~ $149.09

Case- Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass ATX Full ~ $197.42

Primary Monitor- Asus VG248QE 24" 1920x1080 144Hz ~ $181.04

Secondary Monitor- AOC I2269VW 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz ~ $85.19

CPU Cooler- Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing Cooler ~ $29.99

Sound Card- Asus Xonar DGX 24-bit 96KHz ~ $42.17

Wi-FI Adapter- TP-Link PCI Express ~ $37.26

Peripherals

Mouse- Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired ~ $47.92

Headset- Sennheiser G4ME ONE Headset ~ $183.13

Keyboard- Razer Blackwidow Chroma ~ $0

Total~ $2,399.76

Super glad to have been able to build this. Looking forward to more times ahead with HG and a gaming experience better than the one I had on my laptop :)

Feel free to leave your rant about how much I overspent below

Why did you spend the money they gave you for your your college / books / on a computer..I mean at 17 .. Wouldn't you like a car over a computer or something...

It wasn't money for books, it was money to live on, and it was an ample amount. I already have a car that is in good shape, I already have every textbook I need, and I have money for rent every month.

I also have a job so...

We have this thing in FL called Bright Futures and if you have a GPA of above 3.5 they will pay for every penny of your tuition. The rest came from pell grants and scholarships that I got

Edited by Sol7

I'm familiar with Bright Futures as well as also being in Florida. Good to know you have your other stuff in order. I have seen alot of people just splurge on stuff when they dont have a vehicle or stuff like that.. I didnt mean to offend you i was just sayin :D

All good man I understand whatcha mean, one of my friend's couldn't make rent because he bought a 4K tv instead ahaha

Looks like a good build, coulda went cheaper on Power Supply and maybe if you don't NEED a second monitor coulda upgraded the GPU and maybe added water cooling, otherwise it looks good!

But I also get the this time of year, computer parts are at their peak in price.

fortis any higher gpu would cost him 1000$+

sad thing is 1060 is better than 980

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-980-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/2576vs3639

980 is slightly better than the 1060. But the difference is so small that it's not even close to worth a $200 increase.

Had I not bought a 1060 I would've waited for the Volta Series. They are supposed to retail the 2070 at around $500