Quantcast

Jump to content

  • Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
145 players in 37 servers, 284 users online, 3 recent bans.

Recent Status Updates

  • Photo
      19 Oct
    TheDarkDevilRo3

    well rip me i cant join hgzs because of a connection issue making me time out and cant play it

    Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      19 Oct
    Wonderland

    Saw this today.. posted by harambe H4R4MBAE • 1h Shut yo skin tone chicken bone google chrome no home flip phone disowned ice cream cone garden gnome extra chromosome metronome dimmadome genome full blown monochrome student loan indiana jones overgrown flintstone x and y hormone friend zoned sylvester stallone sierra leone autozone professionally seen silver patrone head ass tf up

    Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      19 Oct
    Veitan

    i can never be a weeaboo because i was born in japan #checkmate

    Show comments (4)
View All Updates

Recent Topics


Featured Partners












Auto-Kick High Pings! Algo-Compensators Ruining The Game...

- - - - - ping moderator ban kick lag

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1
thatblissguy

thatblissguy

    Friend of [HG]

  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Can we talk about placing limits on lag? Too many players are algocompensating! 200+ pings make the game unfair for players with 30-100ms ping because what they see is 10 machine gun bullets landing in a players face and then WE die!



This used to be standard practice to auto-kick higher ping players... If you look at the stats the teams/players with the highest kills are often 200+ pings! This is killing the game... someone pleeease comment, I want to get back to reality! This world is sooo backwards!



#2
thatblissguy

thatblissguy

    Friend of [HG]

  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I was so fed up last night I went and downloaded NetLimiter and gave myself a 280ms ping then began flattening the map! Its easily verifiable and this algorithm should have been removed from the game after dial-up went the way of the do-do bird!

If we can't play HQ or HD gaming without fighting some algorithm, why not just play low quality with a high ping just to level the playing field to FAIR!?

#3
Sit.

Sit.

    Associate Director of Gaming Divisions

  • 610 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX


That is a lag switch, which is against the rules. If leadership catches you raising your ping to gain an advantage, you’re going to get banned. Don’t let us see you do that again. As for setting a ping cap, that would be CSS leaderships decision, and I’ll send this to them.
Spoiler: Memes

#4
Pongo

Pongo

    Retired Leadership




  • 566 posts
  • LocationAustralia


Speaking on behalf of CS:GO division, I don't see our division ever setting a ping cap. We are a worldwide gaming community and we aren't going to prevent people playing our servers just because they have a bit of a high ping due to where they live. As Sit said, if it's a lag switch which is causing this then that's a different issue and we can then take action on that player.

And as someone who gets around 130-150 ping reguarly on HG servers due to my location, it's not a barrel of laughs for us either - we struggle to hit you just as much as you struggle to hit us.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5
Jxhn

Jxhn

    HG Member



  • 1,011 posts
  • Locationsorry


View PostSit., on March 6 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

That is a lag switch, which is against the rules. If leadership catches you raising your ping to gain an advantage, you’re going to get banned. Don’t let us see you do that again. As for setting a ping cap, that would be CSS leaderships decision, and I’ll send this to them.
If you think somebody is using a lag switch, post a ban on HGbans instead of using one yourself.

Posted Image






Spoiler: xd

#6
KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

    HG Veteran


  • 318 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX


I did not know there was such a thing.  occasionally I see players on crackhouse doing really well, yet their ping is high which has caused me to question "how"!?  (rhetorical).

Is there a way to catch someone with a lag switch?

#7
Jxhn

Jxhn

    HG Member



  • 1,011 posts
  • Locationsorry


View PostKiLLeR SeNSaTioN™, on March 6 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

I did not know there was such a thing.  occasionally I see players on crackhouse doing really well, yet their ping is high which has caused me to question "how"!?  (rhetorical).

Is there a way to catch someone with a lag switch?
Probably, but only leadership would be able to, most likely.

Posted Image






Spoiler: xd

#8
Pongo

Pongo

    Retired Leadership




  • 566 posts
  • LocationAustralia


View PostKiLLeR SeNSaTioN™, on March 6 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

I did not know there was such a thing.  occasionally I see players on crackhouse doing really well, yet their ping is high which has caused me to question "how"!?  (rhetorical).

Is there a way to catch someone with a lag switch?

Depends on the lag switch. I've only seen a few on CS:GO but when I have they are extremely obvious - normally have around 990 ping but still able to hit perfect shots. Doesn't help that they usually combine it with other hacks too...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9
DragonSlayer

DragonSlayer

    CS:S Division Leader



  • 588 posts


View PostPongo, on March 6 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

Speaking on behalf of CS:GO division, I don't see our division ever setting a ping cap. We are a worldwide gaming community and we aren't going to prevent people playing our servers just because they have a bit of a high ping due to where they live. As Sit said, if it's a lag switch which is causing this then that's a different issue and we can then take action on that player.

And as someone who gets around 130-150 ping reguarly on HG servers due to my location, it's not a barrel of laughs for us either - we struggle to hit you just as much as you struggle to hit us.


I'm agreeing with Pongo here, No point in setting a cap on CSS Ping either, Cause in CSS we have people from all over the world playing. So if we cap it we lose members in the division(s). So i'm leading more to the no on capping but i'm not the only one involved with CSS Leadership.

But i will add, It does bother me that you just blatantly admitted to using a Lag switch on CSS Servers.
Posted Image
Posted Image


Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#10
Charlie

Charlie

    HGCE Staff (Community Events) | CS:GO Mod (JB) | CS:S Mod





  • 673 posts
  • LocationStrelitzia


View PostPongo, on March 6 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

we struggle to hit you just as much as you struggle to hit us.

UK CS LUL

Also how would you feel if I say you're not allowed to play in an event I host, for example, because you're NA and I'm EU so I don't want to play with you?

You can't really help ping, you can however help yourself by deleting the lag switch and probably never mentioning you have it again :^)
Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostSeymour Butz, on October 3 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

IS THAT CHARLIE?

View PostPongo, on August 8 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

+1 good guy good brit good looking good snapchats good friend good autist

View PostvERM, on August 1 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Hyperion slayed anyone for a couple rounds that killed a T. He assumed they were all rdm. He is one of the stupidest people if not the most mentally challenged person I have ever made contact with.

View PostSpawnMatrix, on June 12 2018 - 11:42 PM, said:

relax fireside chats are cool now we are gonna have one every single day of every single week of every single month of every single year until we have no more fire. also they are ok here and there most of the time its just a bunch of idiots shit posting or earraping in the channel

View PostJames, on June 17 2018 - 01:34 AM, said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

View PostAgera, on March 13 2018 - 12:36 AM, said:

I mean Chains, Bigjohn , Spawn, Rice all of them play esea and they are above +M

#11
Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood

    HG Recruit


  • 9 posts
  • LocationOmaha, Nebraska
Yea I mean there are people who play in other countries around the world and I think its a bit unfair to insta-kick them but If they are lag switching then yes report them

#12
thatblissguy

thatblissguy

    Friend of [HG]

  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
https://youtu.be/m3ClSQmGI_U

#13
Charlie

Charlie

    HGCE Staff (Community Events) | CS:GO Mod (JB) | CS:S Mod





  • 673 posts
  • LocationStrelitzia


View Postthatblissguy, on March 20 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:


You're linking a post about a lag switch when you admitted to using one yourself...
Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostSeymour Butz, on October 3 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

IS THAT CHARLIE?

View PostPongo, on August 8 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

+1 good guy good brit good looking good snapchats good friend good autist

View PostvERM, on August 1 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Hyperion slayed anyone for a couple rounds that killed a T. He assumed they were all rdm. He is one of the stupidest people if not the most mentally challenged person I have ever made contact with.

View PostSpawnMatrix, on June 12 2018 - 11:42 PM, said:

relax fireside chats are cool now we are gonna have one every single day of every single week of every single month of every single year until we have no more fire. also they are ok here and there most of the time its just a bunch of idiots shit posting or earraping in the channel

View PostJames, on June 17 2018 - 01:34 AM, said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

View PostAgera, on March 13 2018 - 12:36 AM, said:

I mean Chains, Bigjohn , Spawn, Rice all of them play esea and they are above +M

#14
BOSCH

BOSCH

    CS:S Division Staff | HGCE Staff (Multiple)







  • 874 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the South China Sea


View PostDragonSlayer, on March 6 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:

I'm agreeing with Pongo here, No point in setting a cap on CSS Ping either, Cause in CSS we have people from all over the world playing. So if we cap it we lose members in the division(s). So i'm leading more to the no on capping but i'm not the only one involved with CSS Leadership.

But i will add, It does bother me that you just blatantly admitted to using a Lag switch on CSS Servers.

Just what DragonSlayer and Pongo said, in CS:S we have players around the globe and we accept them even if their ping is high, so capping I would vote against as well. Going back to the fact you admitted using lag switch on our servers...

Posted Image






Posted Image






Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

________________________________________________________
IMER BOSCH DUTCH


#15
eddiecam

eddiecam

    CS:S Division Staff | HGCE Staff (Recruitment & Events)







  • 851 posts
  • LocationMesa Arizona


Wow, he admitted to using a lag switch! LMAO

Posted Image


#16
Fortis

Fortis

    Registered Users

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts
  • LocationArcher's Chamji


We used to have EU servers, so NA people would play on NA servers and EU people would play on EU servers, EU servers weren't popular because we don't have that many EU players in our community (talking about whole community).

Whatever program you downloaded to set your ping you should remove, like now. Plus, setting your ping to 280ms doesn't effect if you lag or not, it affects how you move on other player's screen, hence why it is a cheat and is bannable. Try flying out to Pongo's house and playing on his computer and you will see that with a 100% all natural internet connection to our servers everybody lags on his screen just as he lags on other people screen.

We will not be adding a Ping Cap to our servers, sorry, you are just going to have to deal with it.

Thread locked.

Posted Image


Posted Image


Posted Image

View PostTvR.Frank-hg-, on March 21 2015 - 10:14 PM, said:

i want to use my FreeBee i read the command this time for about 5 days reapeated and ill stop abusing and me Frank  i promess to stop abusing and usin my FreeBee for the ban of permanent infinity oh by slaying my self it was because i freekill arya i kicked by my self by accident press wrong number and about T-listen it was he was abusing killing us and he dindt wanned to be lead when he had a mic





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users