Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Virtual Reality And Computer Maintenence

Jxhn

Hey guys, I had a few questions about VR and keeping my tower clean

For VR:

Would I be able to play VR games in a tiny room (i.e. a 5x5 office room)?

Should I get an omni-directional treadmill? This might be expensive but with it I would not have to worry about space constraints at all.

For tower maintenence:

If dust ends up gathering, could I clean it with compressed air?

Are the fans included in my case, GFX card and power supply sufficient?

For VR:

1. Yes, however any games that might require some movement of swinging of your hands might get tricky and you would have to be careful. If you are going to be using VR in a smaller room I recommend going with the Oculus Rift, that is meant for stationary/slight movement VR. The Vive is more walking around and is better suited for a bigger room.

2. Not yet, not a lot of games support the treadmill and it would gather dust til they release games that are worth the price point of it.

For computer cleaning:

1. Compressed air will do the trick, but do not spray it for long periods of time or tilt the compressed air can too much, the more you spray it the more condensation happens and it will start to leak/drip and if it is over your computer that is a bad thing.

2. It depends on what your configuration is, what types of games you are running and where you have your computer.

Wouldn't movement in the treadmill function like normal movement with sensors? Also, the room I game in has like a 5x5 ft space available if I move my chair out of the way. Would this be sufficient?

Is there an inexpensive solution for this? Most people say I should use the VIVE and that I could use the controllers for movement instead of my body.

Also, how long can a computer go before I should use the compressed air to clean it after I get it or after the previous cleaning?

Wouldn't movement in the treadmill function like normal movement with sensors? Also, the room I game in has like a 5x5 ft space available if I move my chair out of the way. Would this be sufficient?

Is there an inexpensive solution for this? Most people say I should use the VIVE and that I could use the controllers for movement instead of my body.

Also, how long can a computer go before I should use the compressed air to clean it after I get it or after the previous cleaning?

U want to do it atleast once a month

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to share t his because I use these at work and they are amazing. They are pricey but you save money not having to repeatedly by cans of compressed air.

https://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-ED500P-500-Watt-Electric/dp/B001U899HQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1526281328&sr=8-6&keywords=electronic+vacuum&dpID=418XjHwHhgL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

• Like 1