Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Zs_Lighthouse_V1_B

Techmo

I've noticed the incredible frustration when being on the z team on this map. Most of the time, zombies are unable to make it through the front doorway. This causes a lack of variety with the cades, with most, if not all effort, being focused on the single entrance to the house. Because of this, i've modified the map to include 2 entrances on the main floor, and make defending it more of a challenge. My hopes are that this will encourage people to spend their time on other cades, and come up with new cading solutions.

This is only the fast compilation of the map, and a few things might look strange, or be a bit unoptimized. There are still a few tweaks i'm making to the map to add detail, and make it more enjoyable.

I'm not really expecting this to be added to rotation, but if you like the changes, feel free to do so.

This post is just to inform you about the map, and to provide a file to try out if you would like to.

here's the bsp

If you guys have any other suggestions, feel free to let me know.

here are the photos

Edited by Techmo
  • Like 1

My intent is not to break the gameplay or to nerf the map out of existence, but to make it more balanced and fun for both teams. If you feel these modifications are too extreme, or other modifications would be more effective, please let me know. Your input is very helpful.

My intent is not to break the gameplay or to nerf the map out of existence, but to make it more balanced and fun for both teams. If you feel these modifications are too extreme, or other modifications would be more effective, please let me know. Your input is very helpful.

I dig it and totally think its a good idea. My only suggestion would be maybe make the new entry way similar to the original entry way. In that it would have a small buffer room with another doorway. As it is right now a couple tickles could destroy a cade there with ease unless its an experienced cader. Other then that it looks good homes.

I've added your suggestions, and uploaded the updated version here.

Looks good dude. I hope they add it in rotation. If thats ever possible again :P Oh I noticed the reflections on surfaces are pink checkers. Make sure to compile both with HDR enabled and disabled. And I think if you rename a map the cubemaps must be rebuilt.