Quantcast

• Create Account
140 players in 37 servers, 284 users online, 4 recent bans.

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      21 Oct
    TheDarkDevilRo3

can someone help me with a connection issue? when i try to connect into zombie survival i time out and connection failed after 6 retries pops up

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      20 Oct
    Veitan

Coding is:
    50% "how the fuck did I just do that"
    49.9% "lmao i can do that better"
    and .1% "i know what i'm doing"

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Recent Topics

Featured Partners

Member Meetings? Thoughts?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

eddiecam

eddiecam

CS:S Division Staff | HGCE Staff (Recruitment & Events)

• 858 posts
  • LocationMesa Arizona

What does everyone think about having member meetings? Say every 2 to 3 months? I think it would provide us valuable feedback for not only our community but our division as well. I think this should not be a requirement for members to attend but open meetings. I think all divisions should have member meetings

Posted Image

Ryze

Ryze

Council's Advisory Board

• 2,523 posts
  • LocationCanada

Csgo and Gmod have had these every once in a while, it's up to the respective DLs and DS of each division. Personally, I think it's a good idea. The last one I did as Gmod DL gave us a lot of valuable feedback.

A community wide meeting would also be a good idea.

Posted Image

James

James

HG Veteran

• 876 posts
  • LocationCS:GO JB AND MG or TF2 Dodgeball

Another fireside chat.. Unless your division has active ideas and needs to express them constantly, the meetings are not worth it. :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

S.P.link

S.P.link

HG Member

• 427 posts

Personally I don't think they are needed - the d-staff and DL's are extremely approachable in my opinion and are receptive to any questions, inquiries, and issues that one may have.

I don't think it's a bad idea to do something like a "State of HG" every year where the Council or even Homer talks about goals and achievements for the past year. Or every 6 months because it seems to move fast around here.

Like James said, I know CSGO does fireside chats/mod meetings fairly periodically, not sure about other DIVs though.

Edited by S.P.link, June 12 2018 - 03:01 PM.

Posted Image

Finch

Finch

HGCE Staff (Recruitment) | CS:GO Moderator (JB & TTT)

• 690 posts
  • LocationBanned.

i  like sp’s idea for a state of hg thing but yeah csgo and gmod periodically have fireside chats where the dls and ds’ are there and you can talk about anything regarding the division
Posted Image  

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lord Homer Spotted in the Wild

If you have a problem with another admin the same rank as you, you go one rank up. You don't take it into your own hands. The only exception to this rule is if someone named themselves Jonsey and typed "!ban * 0" and tried to ban/kick the entire server.

Thanks to Ryze for the sig!

Pongo

Pongo

Retired Leadership

• 566 posts
  • LocationAustralia

I know on our meeting or the one before last we opened up the meeting to members after we were finished for anything people wanted to bring up/talk about. It seemed to work pretty well at first, but in the nicest way possible, when the immature people start to join it does go to shit because they don’t know how to behave in that sort of environment...

There are ways to organise the meeting afterwards, i.e by having permission to talk system in the chat and have someone leading the meeting etc
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SherlokPwnz

SherlokPwnz

HGCE Staff (Recruitment) | CS:S Moderator

• 241 posts
I like the idea of the regular members getting to voice their opinions concerns or share suggestions. Gives them a sense of importance within the group and we can tackle anything someone might have to bring up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Veitan

Veitan

HG Veteran

• 827 posts
  • LocationCheck above you!

Isn't this just a fireside chat?

also im editing this because dank is a dumbo

Edited by Vel'Roz, June 12 2018 - 06:10 PM.

Posted Image

Thank you Ryze (above)!

Posted Image

Thank You Selery!

Posted Image

thx Pongo u brit

Posted Image

Posted Image

Credit goes to Nightshade for the original image!

rawr

BOSCH

BOSCH

CS:S Division Staff | HGCE Staff (Multiple)

• 875 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the South China Sea

+1  For CS:S division this you be a great idea (other Div. kinda got this in place), for recruits especially to get a chance to meet members and leadership, and any issues they or members would like to bring to the table. I like the idea its not a required meet, because we schedule those when necessary for members and above. We should move forward with this within division.

I would like to bring forth if we could organize a Multi-Division meet up so everyone could get to know one another, maybe make it a movie event, or something to that affect so that it doesn't surround one game, or maybe Event hosts can do a 'question time'. Let me know what you think of that as well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Eric

Eric

Registered Users

• 452 posts
  • LocationNew York

View PostS.P.link, on June 12 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

I don't think it's a bad idea to do something like a "State of HG" every year where the Council or even Homer talks about goals and achievements for the past year. Or every 6 months because it seems to move fast around here.
+1
as long as its not mandatory i dont see how it can be harmful

Edited by Eric, July 12 2018 - 10:19 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Past <3

Posted Image

Thanks UnPrePared_!

Posted Image

Thanks Venom!

Counter-Strike: Source Division's Crackwhore

Posted Image

scottcjohn

scottcjohn

HG Recruit

• 14 posts
  • LocationGrosse Pointe, MI
Might be valuable. If it is placed on the calendar and promoted on the forum, more would be interested to provide feedback.

Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood

HG Recruit

• 9 posts
  • LocationOmaha, Nebraska
Yea I think if we do this we can eliminate problems happening in servers plus I think it will help people get along so yeah

eddiecam

eddiecam

CS:S Division Staff | HGCE Staff (Recruitment & Events)

• 858 posts
  • LocationMesa Arizona

Keep this thread alive. Need to hear more peoples opinions on this topic

Posted Image

sirius

sirius

Chief of Staff

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Cuba and Canada

+1. There's never a downside in engaging the community.

BOSCH

BOSCH

CS:S Division Staff | HGCE Staff (Multiple)

• 875 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the South China Sea

I think its a good idea, communication is key, and building personal/professional relationships among one another is key. Eddiecam is so right in wanting to get this going. We have to keep this thread alive to make it a reality. Not mandatory but established so we can get together and discuss +1

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

DragonSlayer

DragonSlayer

CS:S Division Leader

• 588 posts

This will be discussed amongst CS:S Staff and DL in the monthly meetings. Locking this Thanks

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users