Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Tier 5 Pistol Idea

Laces115

The lack of a tier 5 pistol is really stupid when you consider it: every other weapon type has a tier 5 variant, or even multiple variants, yet the pistol does not.

The Aurea has a good rate of fire, and the Promethium has good damage and penetration, but neither really stack up against tier 5 guns. Aurea lacks penetration and Promethium has too low a ROF.

I have a simple solution: a gun with the same stats as the ray gun, but with 5 rounds only, and the model is the .500 Magnum from Killing Floor 2.

We already have KF2 models, and this would fit right in. It's perfectly balanced in that the Ray Gun's main feature that was OP was how many rounds you could shoot out. With 5 rounds, a reload is enough to keep people from being TOO good with it.

To compensate, make the reload fairly fast, akin to the Speed Loader perk from KF2, maybe even use the same animation?

Even if you disagree with that particular idea, I think we can all agree that a T5 pistol is needed.

• Like 2

what made the raygun op was its penetration, pistols are generally seen as an early game weapon

a t5 pistol could be done, just not anything high single shot damage or anything with penetration in my opinion

could try for a beretta m9k, or a glock 19, aka a fully auto pistol

I disagree about the "early game" notion. A pistol is merely a type of gun you can get, just like rifles and shotguns. Nobody says that Assault Rifles are a late game item, for example, because they exist in every tier except tier 1. Pistols don't exist in ONLY tier 5 and 6, and we don't need more Tier 6s imo, but a new gun type for tier 5 is not a bad thing. More variety is GOOD.

• 1 month later...

I disagree about the "early game" notion. A pistol is merely a type of gun you can get, just like rifles and shotguns. Nobody says that Assault Rifles are a late game item, for example, because they exist in every tier except tier 1. Pistols don't exist in ONLY tier 5 and 6, and we don't need more Tier 6s imo, but a new gun type for tier 5 is not a bad thing. More variety is GOOD.

Im pretty sure mark said hes gonna add a t5 magnum

Pistol should not gain a Tier 5 variant, simple because it'll introduce a guaranteed way of farming points. There will be no risk/reward with pistol ammo being as cheap as it is. Aurea is already dumb overpowered in it's point/ammo usage

Pistol should not gain a Tier 5 variant, simple because it'll introduce a guaranteed way of farming points. There will be no risk/reward with pistol ammo being as cheap as it is. Aurea is already dumb overpowered in it's point/ammo usage

You know what else is point farming? Solo cades for T6. And getting your arsenals in the best spot in the main cade. And repairing barricades.

Who gives a fuck about pointfarming, if it means you are playing the game and killing zombies.

Besides, Forrest already is going to add the Ray Gun back.

You know what else is point farming? Solo cades for T6. And getting your arsenals in the best spot in the main cade. And repairing barricades.

Who gives a fuck about pointfarming, if it means you are playing the game and killing zombies.

Besides, Forrest already is going to add the Ray Gun back.

Regardless of Ray Gun or not, I'm talking about a completely unbalanced way of making points without any risk. Solo cading for Tier 6 and getting an arsenal spot in a cade is completely irrelevant; I'm talking about a cheap way of climbing up the board without any worry of going negative points:ammo wise. So many guns are classified as 'bad' because all they do is eat ammo. Ray Gun uses pistol ammo, which is dirt cheap, and you gain 24 each time with a resupply.