Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

I Refuse To Let It Die ;-;

r3c0n94x

Just returned after being gone for a few years, to find the server empty and dead, and all other perp servers dead as well. Definitely depressing. ;-;

But, I refuse to let it go, LOL.

I've spent too long hospitalized and recovering and not enough time growing cocaine!

If anyone wants to play sometime; it may suck with only 1-5 of us online... but we should play; if anything - for the nostalgia. xD

I've brought back my old organization, Anarchy 99, and our group has the recipes/maxed stats for lockpicking, AK47/Uzi production, etc.

As long as the server is up, we'll be around. Hit me up sometime if you want to bask in the beautiful emptiness that the server has become :P

- Caffeine

Edited by Shotgunner
  • Like 1

We've tried to bring perp back several times, but we cant seem to attract whats left of the perp community. We're looking to start up a similar type of gmod server though, keep eye and ears out bud.

Yeah... The PERP population has definitely declined; especially with the release of those "GTA" servers and stuff like that, it seems. - But really the only thing that those servers seem to offer over PERP is a larger variety of cars; which I know is one of the big things that lures in PERP players (it's all about that grind to that next car, lol.) If there were more cars for standard users, or more types of guns to hoard (Like adding an RPK or AN94 as an upgrade to the AK with rifle marksmanship 6-10, for example... Or the mk9 variant of the double barrel as an upgrade to the pump shotty) - I think that would keep people more interested, too.

Another potential change (or addition on a similar-to-PERP server) would be 6 plants instead of 5, and 12 for VIP instead of 10, - I know that a common concern for that is making money making "too easy", but many other servers in the past have used 6 as a base amount with decent success. Simply adding one more pot forces people to spend more time micro-managing seeds and organizing within their base.

Another thing that was always an issue when I used to play was lack of players on the EST timezone. With my work and college hours, I was often on late - and from 7PM - 7 AM range there was never any staff members on to deal with RDMers, prop blockers, and so forth. - I think adding 1-2 more moderators/admins from the East Coast would help the next server (or this one, if anyone decides to go for a "third time's the charm!", lmao.)

And lastly, I think a big portion of quitting (and it goes hand in hand with my last comment about not having staff on at later hours) - mass RDM/CDM/etc at the time caused a LOT of financial headache. For example, one night someone had an AK47 and kept gunning people down as they left the spawn room. Every single time, we would lose 1300-1600+ dollars; and they would finish us off just to make it worse. I know at least ten players that quit due to that reason. If they altered that to even be just 1000 flat rate, that still is enough to hurt - without being overwhelming.

Idk... I've always had a passion for the PERP gamemode, haha! As someone that used to run SSK (Screaming Skulls Gaming) with over 2500 members, I know that maintaining any server in the first place is hard word. PERP is no exception, especially with the tendency to attract troublemakers... - But I definitely hope that the (hopefully) future server continues the PERP legacy!

But in the case that they DO ever try to resuscitate PERP again, I'll still be playing this server and inviting friends until it finally gets shut down! Sad that the best RP server at the moment is empty, LOL.

Edited by Shotgunner