Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Steam Ui

fweakz

Hello, I have noticed a lot of people including myself dislike or have had issues with steams new beta UI. It is a live version now, so even if you go to your account settings and try to opt out of it, you will still have to deal with it.

Here I am going to show you how to make it so you can revert back to the old steam UI, at least in the chat windows and friends list.

You want to find the location of your steam shortcut

Ex: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" or the one on your desktop

Once you have located this, you will then right click it and select "Properties".

Add these two commands to the shortcut properties in the "Target" location. -nochatui -nofriendsui

It will look something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -nochatui -nofriendsui

Ex:

SF4VWgT.png

Click "Apply" then "OK". Once finished, restart steam and check your friends list and chat, it should revert those portions of steam back to the original UI. If you want to go back to the beta version, just follow the same steps but remove the -nochatui -nofriendsui parameters and restart steam.

Here is a list of command line options available for steam:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options#Command-line_parameters_3

Hope this helps some of you out! Take care,

-Fweakz

• Like 1