Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Hg] Zombie Survival | Trait Suggestion | Updated & Fixed

Aeux Deus

[HG] Zombie Survival | Trait Suggestion Thread | Updated.

[HG] 24/7 Zombie Survival! |US-Central | FastDL | HeLLsGamers

| [X] | - Wont Happen | Denied

| [✓] | - Will Possibly Happen | Approved

| [-] | - Undecided | Meh

Human Traits Suggestions

-

• Heavy Hitter. | Damage increased with 2 handed melee Weapon within reasonable % | Worth Cost: 65 | [✓] |
  • Berserker. | The lower health the more attack speed you get. | Worth Cost: 65 | [✓] |
  • Veteran. | Shaking when low on health is decreased within reasonable % | Worth Cost: 25 | [-] |
  • Boxer. | Significant Boost to fist's attack speed. | Worth Cost: 20 | [X] |
  • Parkour. | Reasonable Jump Boost Amount. | Worth Cost: 35 | [-] |
  • Prodigy. | You figured out a way to fit a 5th nail in props. | Worth Cost: 50 | [✓] |
  • Defender. | Medkit now gives Armor instead of Health. | Worth Cost: 50 | [-] |
  • Ghoul Hunter. | Reasonable % Resistance to Ghoul slow. | Worth Cost: 45 | [✓] |
  • Coward. | Aura is reduced by small amount when standing still. | Worth Cost: 30 | [✓] |
  • Adrenaline. | Receiving Max HP damage within 2 sec gives temporary health boost by reasonable amount, if not healed player dies within 10 seconds. ( One Time Use ) | Worth Cost: 60 (as trait or item) | [✓] |
  • Laser Pointer | Standard Flashlight is replaced with a laser pointer dealing double damage of ordinary flashlight with Thrice the length , Can blind Zombies as well in case you point it at other zombies head they will get blinded for "X" amount of time "Reasonably low" ( can only be active for 4 sec, 10 Seconds cooldown )( Limited Stock: 3 ) | Worth Cost: 55 | [-] |
  • WeakPoint |You are a spy, Any zombie with 35% hp or lower will be visible in a 6 meter radius of the player, Even behind objects "Very Vaguely" will be crudely revealed somehow. | Worth Cost: 20 | | [-] |

​

Zombie Traits Suggestions

• Flesh, | Increase the amount you heal as Medic zombie | BCP Cost: 1500 | [✓] |
  • Healing Spot | Ghoul Spawn now gives half healing amount of shadow-shade in a reasonable area | BCP Cost: 7500 | [-] |
  • Offspring | Upon purchase, The player spawns as a stronger zombie for 1 minute and 20 seconds, if the player dies, Player Must Re-buy Offspring as it sells itself when offspring dies. | BCP Cost: 850 | [-] |

Trait Menu Suggestion | [-] |

• Dividing Individual traits under the "Arsenal Layout in Trait Selection" as "See Below"
  • [ Offensive ] - [ Defensive ] - [ Protection ] - [ Cading ] - [ Utility ] - [ Misc ]

• as in

• [ Tier 1 ] - [ Tier 2 ] - [ Tier 3 ] - [ Tier 4 ] - [ Tier 5 ] - [ Tier 6 ]

Just like the arsenal Crate. ( Traits will still be Selected in the Worth Menu )

Suggestions?

Write a comment Down below with Feedback or Your own Trait idea, or if you feel like something needs changing!

Edited by Aeux Deus
  • Like 6

I'll read this more when I have a chance but I definitely like Flesh trait. :D

PSA also - If anyone is reading this, before you reply ask yourself the following?: Will my reply be toxic? Am I just derailing the topic?

If the answer to either of those is yes do not reply or you'll find yourself under my hammer lol

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion post Aeux! :)

• Like 1

I'll read this more when I have a chance but I definitely like Flesh trait. :D

PSA also - If anyone is reading this, before you reply ask yourself the following?: Will my reply be toxic? Am I just derailing the topic?

If the answer to either of those is yes do not reply or you'll find yourself under my hammer lol

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion post Aeux! :)

You are Welcome! :recruit:
  • Like 1

The laser pointer is expensive since its only used for one zombie type and the 15-second cooldown should be reduced to 10 seconds. How about adding another feature to the laser pointer to make it worthwhile? How about if the laser gets the head hit-box the zombie gets blinded; the longer it has been on the head hitbox the longer the blind. Anyway, great improvements on the Traits and I hope that the traits suggested has been added.

Edited by imnotgoodwithnames
  • Like 1

The laser pointer is expensive since its only used for one zombie type and the 15-second cooldown should be reduced to 10 seconds. How about adding another feature to the laser pointer to make it worthwhile? How about if the laser gets the head hit-box the zombie gets blinded; the longer it has been on the head hitbox the longer the blind. Anyway, great improvements on the Traits and I hope that the traits suggested has been added.

Thanks for the input, please do refresh the page if you already have not.

I dont think the trait for buffing medical zombie will happen when forrest buffed it it was able to heal 300 hp and making people getting 1.107 profit the whole zombie team was medical zombies not even puke pus would die and it has the worst Defense ever doesnt matter if it has like 3500 health it goes down in secounds and it might happen with this. But i like the ideas! and i think defender is op cause u can just take 1 dmg and u can get 100 % armour or i dunno how it works

I actually like alot of these traits and maybe would like too see some in game. Adrenalin and Defender are the coolest. maybe instead of a trait, the adrenaline is something that can be purchased, however only once per player. It automatically uses itself like extra life, but works in the way you describe. Instead of only being used as you reach 0 health, if you have a Jihad i would have reason to believe it would be for a fatal wound, that there would be absolutely no way in hell you could survive, like getting hit down to 10 health and being ruin proced. It would auto use then and its like the jihad, where you die no matter what. you just have a boost of health for 10 seconds before you die. You would get rage rune once adrenaline proced to do more damage in said time.

• Like 1

i Think the defender trait is very aggressive... I alone with advanced armament can heal a good portion of the team to 40% or more armor, if you aim those with 95 or more health you can increase armor gaining even faster, when a bonemesh is attacking for example, and its getting 1 to 4 damage to your team, you can armor up everyone in a single minute if no one is severly hurt (as the medkit always heals the one with less hp in range), but mainly when they're armored up already, cuz you take less damage to HP.

But i think the cost for not healing health, actually kind of balances out this trait, the thing is, will it stack with advanced armament? and, what about heal time? i believe the efficiency should be low, that way we wont see the entire team with 100% armor every time, it would be kind of OP against zombies ... Btw, we should have a Mention to Healing Armor if defender is implemened hm ?

Also i want to post a trait i thought of here, i posted on the General suggestion topic but i believe no one saw it

One day i was playing, and i believe it was a bug, i was playing medic with my medkit and stuff, and when i would take my medkit out, i could saw the zombies hp, in my case trough the circles on the ground, i believe there are other options for this hp effect but, the points is, it would be cool to have a trait wich you could spy on the enemy's health.

This would help sometimes when you dont know if you want to fight a zombie/boss or not.

A balanced way to insert it in ZS, if its possible, its to give it a radius, like 5 or more meters, it would make the executioner axe very viable for people who want to try melee, altough i think melee is not something to be considered in 90% of the cases... It would be very situational, but very interesting i believe.. :)

Trait:

• WeakSpot - You are able to spy any zombie health when they are with less than 50% HP and near you in a 6 Meter radius - 20 Worth

Edited by Kritzinho
  • Like 3

i Think the defender trait is very aggressive... I alone with advanced armament can heal a good portion of the team to 40% or more armor, if you aim those with 95 or more health you can increase armor gaining even faster, when a bonemesh is attacking for example, and its getting 1 to 4 damage to your team, you can armor up everyone in a single minute if no one is severly hurt (as the medkit always heals the one with less hp in range), but mainly when they're armored up already, cuz you take less damage to HP.

But i think the cost for not healing health, actually kind of balances out this trait, the thing is, will it stack with advanced armament? and, what about heal time? i believe the efficiency should be low, that way we wont see the entire team with 100% armor every time, it would be kind of OP against zombies ... Btw, we should have a Mention to Healing Armor if defender is implemened hm ?

Also i want to post a trait i thought of here, i posted on the General suggestion topic but i believe no one saw it

it will not stack with armament, since it replaces The HP with pure armore, nothing else. but if u have a good idea for sometime else id put it up, i added the "WeakPoint" though 50% seems a little to much so i changed it to 35% or lower. Edited by Aeux Deus
  • Like 1

I like these trait ideas @Aeux Deus, and I like the way you consider organizing them. I just have one major problem with this.

Where did these custom traits costs derive from, and what makes these traits sort of better/ different than the ones we currently have now? I like people continuing to add new, actually well-thought out ideas for the ZS gamemode, but every idea I look at, there seems to be no respect or regard towards what's already available in-game.

For example, your Veteran trait, wouldn't it be easier to just increase your maximum health, and that's more valuable than reducing how much your screen shakes when low on health? Also, less screen shake is easily nullified through using the Rejuvenator, which is pretty OP for healing.

Or for the Boxer trait, using a Plank accomplishes a better job than having permanently, attack speed-boosted fists because it deals more damage and has a slightly longer range. While it's starting attack speed isn't fast, it ramps it up, and its DPS increases over time pretty quickly, so I can't see Boxer being of any use. Also, what human player kills zombies with their fists in ZS nowadays?

Even for the Offspring zombie trait, where zombies already become stronger if they have nearly all zombie traits from their own Arsenal Crate purchased; how does the "stronger zombie" compare to them in terms of strength, abilities, stats, or skills? I prefer having Fury Rush and Extended claws permanently than having it for 1 minute and 20 seconds, if your super zombie so happens to have those traits.

When listing out ideas for ZS, it's important to keep in mind about how your idea

• could affect general ZS gameplay (what players do, what they buy, what they utilize)
  • could affect in-game items and stats (traits, weapons, skills, buffs, debuffs, etc.)
  • how it affects both Humans and Zombies (are zombies now more OP than Humans, and vice versa)
  • remain within certain map restrictions (can't allow players to go off the map, disobey map rules, etc.)
  • could potentially create obsolete stuff (bosses no longer being used, weapons no longer in-use, traits being discarded)
  • balancing as a whole (is your idea balanced well with what is currently available?)

As I said, these aren't bad ideas, and I love the way you organized your idea; I really do because your organization is better than how I organize my own ideas. But, you aren't considering what's already in-game, and taking that knowledge and applying it to your ideas. That's my greatest concern right now about this.

For now, I'm taking your suggestion with a grain of salt.

Edited by Snowyamur
  • Like 1

I like these trait ideas @Aeux Deus, and I like the way you consider organizing them. I just have one major problem with this.

Where did these custom traits costs derive from, and what makes these traits sort of better/ different than the ones we currently have now? I like people continuing to add new, actually well-thought out ideas for the ZS gamemode, but every idea I look at, there seems to be no respect or regard towards what's already available in-game.

For example, your Veteran trait, wouldn't it be easier to just increase your maximum health, and that's more valuable than reducing how much your screen shakes when low on health? Also, less screen shake is easily nullified through using the Rejuvenator, which is pretty OP for healing.

Or for the Boxer trait, using a Plank accomplishes a better job than having permanently, attack speed-boosted fists because it deals more damage and has a slightly longer range. While it's starting attack speed isn't fast, it ramps it up, and its DPS increases over time pretty quickly, so I can't see Boxer being of any use. Also, what human player kills zombies with their fists in ZS nowadays?

Even for the Offspring zombie trait, where zombies already become stronger if they have nearly all zombie traits from their own Arsenal Crate purchased; how does the "stronger zombie" compare to them in terms of strength, abilities, stats, or skills? I prefer having Fury Rush and Extended claws permanently than having it for 1 minute and 20 seconds, if your super zombie so happens to have those traits.

When listing out ideas for ZS, it's important to keep in mind about how your idea

• could affect general ZS gameplay (what players do, what they buy, what they utilize)
  • could affect in-game items and stats (traits, weapons, skills, buffs, debuffs, etc.)
  • how it affects both Humans and Zombies (are zombies now more OP than Humans, and vice versa)
  • remain within certain map restrictions (can't allow players to go off the map, disobey map rules, etc.)
  • could potentially create obsolete stuff (bosses no longer being used, weapons no longer in-use, traits being discarded)
  • balancing as a whole (is your idea balanced well with what is currently available?)

As I said, these aren't bad ideas, and I love the way you organized your idea; I really do because your organization is better than how I organize my own ideas. But, you aren't considering what's already in-game, and taking that knowledge and applying it to your ideas. That's my greatest concern right now about this.

For now, I'm taking your suggestion with a grain of salt.

in regards to your worries towards my suggestions.

The only few i acutally had was Heavy Hitter. and Berserker. the rest of them were recommended to be by other folks ingame.

as i was merely writing down their wishes, though i tried to balance it..

in regards to the Boxer, it's true that planks speed up, BUT ONLY AT ZOMBIE HITS. not ordinary hits.

and as a matter of fact alot of people run out of ammo when they are dealing with a single low health zombie when running around.

and the current attack speed on fists. dont even deal near 10 dmg before you die.

and Offspring, was just a stupid idea i had for a sec, so i wrote it down. nothing more behind that one.

the rest, like flesh, is not a general heal buff, but a healing trait. which allows healing to be more used in teamwork.

in regards to balancing, i keep seeing and hearing people calling for optimization and new stuff. and people, including myself.

have been begging for some sort of Meele Only Trait, for quiete a while, as i never said anything about replacing traits, merely adding a new or two.

one of the reasons i am taking feedback is to balance them, Just to let you know <3.

Love you.

Deus.

Edited by Aeux Deus

Heavy Hitter | [✓]

Sounds like a pretty good idea. The price is in the right range, but I'd have to think about it. I am weary about having negative health traits effect it though.

Berserker | [✓]

Sounds reasonable. I would be weary of giving too much of an advantage.

Veteran | [-]

I would recommend that instead we have this trait increase pain tolerance as you receive damage, and are healed. This might lead to people damaging themselves, but this shouldn't be a major issue as the effect isn't a massive advantage.

Boxer | [X]

Seems pretty useless imo.

Parkour | [-]

Have to think about it. Seems reasonable, but I'm not yet sure what other implications this could have, or what values to use.

Prodigy | [✓]

Seems like a great idea.

Defender | [-]

We already have traits that do this to some extent. Having one that could potentially give a massive boost to the entire team seems over powered.

Ghoul Hunter | [✓]

Seems reasonable, and the price seems to be in the right range.

Coward | [✓]

Seems reasonable. We would need to be careful that the effect isn't too powerful.

Adrenaline | [✓]

Seems like a decent idea. Like the fact that you aren't given a guaranteed second life.

Weak Point | [-]

Not sure. The cost may be a bit low, and it seems like it could become overpowered in certain situations. The perception would need to be quite convoluted. I'd recommend a some more development of the idea.

Flesh | [✓]

Seems balanced. Would probably be similar to the human trait.

Healing Spot | [-]

Not sure. Seems a bit overpowered, especially for bosses. The healing rate would need to be rather slow.

Offspring | [-]

Instead, I would recommend making this a permanent trait for the round. Instead of giving you an immediate boost, you would be given a boost meter that is filled with damage. Props fill it much more slowly than damage to humans. Once filled, it can be activated to provide a damage boost, and slight speed boost for 15 or 30 seconds.

Trait Menu Suggestion | [-]

I would recommend some clarification, such as category dividers or tags, but having separate tabs seems excessive and tedious for the number of traits present (like the new zombie menu imo).

Disclaimer:

All of these decisions are still subject to the opinions and ideas of the community, and of others involved in their development. Feel free to update the board, but don't be surprised if there are changes.

Edited by Techmo
  • Like 2

Heavy Hitter | [✓]

Sounds like a pretty good idea. The price is in the right range, but I'd have to think about it. I am weary about having negative health traits effect it though.

Berserker | [✓]

Sounds reasonable. I would be weary of giving too much of an advantage.

Veteran | [-]

I would recommend that instead we have this trait increase pain tolerance as you receive damage, and are healed. This might lead to people damaging themselves, but this shouldn't be a major issue as the effect isn't a massive advantage.

Boxer | [X]

Seems pretty useless imo.

Parkour | [-]

Have to think about it. Seems reasonable, but I'm not yet sure what other implications this could have, or what values to use.

Prodigy | [✓]

Seems like a great idea.

Defender | [-]

We already have traits that do this to some extent. Having one that could potentially give a massive boost to the entire team seems over powered.

Ghoul Hunter | [✓]

Seems reasonable, and the price seems to be in the right range.

Coward | [✓]

Seems reasonable. We would need to be careful that the effect isn't too powerful.

Adrenaline | [✓]

Seems like a decent idea. Like the fact that you aren't given a guaranteed second life.

Weak Point | [-]

Not sure. The cost may be a bit low, and it seems like it could become overpowered in certain situations. The perception would need to be quite convoluted. I'd recommend a some more development of the idea.

Flesh | [✓]

Seems balanced. Would probably be similar to the human trait.

Healing Spot | [-]

Not sure. Seems a bit overpowered, especially for bosses. The healing rate would need to be rather slow.

Offspring | [-]

Instead, I would recommend making this a permanent trait for the round. Instead of giving you an immediate boost, you would be given a boost meter that is filled with damage. Props fill it much more slowly than damage to humans. Once filled, it can be activated to provide a damage boost, and slight speed boost for 15 or 30 seconds.

Trait Menu Suggestion | [-]

I would recommend some clarification, such as category dividers or tags, but having separate tabs seems excessive and tedious for the number of traits present (like the new zombie menu imo).

Disclaimer:

All of these decisions are still subject to the opinions and ideas of the community, and of others involved in their development. Feel free to update the board, but don't be surprised if there are changes.

About the Weak Spot trait, what if we changed it to only show the nearest zombie, in a Maximum of 5 meter radius ? I Believe it balances out for what i did wanted to reach.

In fact i did wanted it to be used to only show the Health, mostly for giving a human a oportunity to decide if he wants to engage a zombie or multiple zombies with more or less of said health, but i must say i also like the idea of spying trough walls :P.

Edit... So i have 2 versions i believe could be more suitable,

Version 1:

You can Spy at ONE zombie that is the nearest zombie in a maximum of 6 meter radius that has less than 40% Health - 25 Points

- This version is very situational, mostly it will help against a zombie/boss chasing you, it will be hard to use inside a cade, since you will only see a single zombies.

I dont know if its possible but if we could add a maximum of zombies we could spy like 2 or 3, it would be a very nice balance.

Optionally it could give you vision trough walls, if it feels underpowered.

Version 2:

You can spy at any zombie that is at a maximum of 4 meter radius and has less than 40% Health - 40 Points

- This one is more agressive and it will only show the health of any visible zombies at said range, very useful inside a cade, drawback is you need to be closer to the zombies, since in most cases zombies die pretty fast, unless you are being chased by someone this will mostly help against bosses, and it will also help you decide if you want to run or kill one or more zombies that are close to you.

Would one of these be good enough to pass ? :v

Edited by Kritzinho
  • Like 1