Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How did you come across HG?!

Apt. 2B

A couple years ago I was server jumping, trying to find the best trade server. When I came across this one, everyone was friendly and knew what they were talking about. It didn't seem like there were any scammers, any squeakers, or any bad reputation. Ever since then, I've loved hanging out on HG servers and have recently requested for recruit member. Thank you all again for allowing me to be apart of this fantastic server! It really does mean a lot to be apart of such a wonderful, outgoing group such as yourselves.

• 1 month later...

First time ever playing CS:GO and I wanted to check out the community servers because I had seen people surf before and thought that was all that there was. But TTT popped up as one of the first suggestions and I remember seeing something about that from someone and decided to hop on and played for almost an entire day and kept coming back. Bing Bong introduced me to the HG community and I decided to join. :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started playing Team Fortress 2 in about February 2016, and I had just gotten a desktop computer. I did not know what else to do but find custom server. So I started playing on Idle/Trade servers for the first 5 months of playing TF2, I had no idea what a pub server was. I had about 5 servers that I played on, but I played on the Hellsgamers Trade 2 server the most. After playing on it for awhile, I wanted to become a moderator(like all other power hungry children). So I went and joined the clan.

• 1 month later...

Sometime in 2015, I played the HG server by accident. I just bought GMOD and had no idea there were so many game modes on there. When I clicked on HG's server for Zombie Survival, I fucking hated it. There was this loud music for humans playing and no one talked and I was so laggy. I lagged so hard. There was so many people on and I thought well why do people keep playing this? Why am I always zombie? I have never became a human until the round ended and was human for 1 minute.

I left that day and never came back because I thought that you couldn't chat with humans at all through microphone until sometime around late June 2017, I started playing more. It got more fun when I found out through the options that you can remove the music. I started learning to cade and had a bunch of fun with a lot of people.

• Like 1

I met [HG] Festive Panda in an old MBM Community Server. He said "I'm a server admin". And where I came from, Admin was the highest rank, so I told him to let me know if he needed a moderator for his servers. (lol) Eventually I ran across the forums and a few old friends. And that's how it all started.

Edited by Abraham

First time ever playing CSS, and I clicked on a server that was populated. I believe I was 10 at the time and it was my first time experiencing

Counter-Strike. I started on Minigames, and then merged over to Jail-Break, and Death Match. Ever since then I have been playing on HG.

• Like 1

Actually I was playing this csgo knock off in 2014 and the community there moved to csgo. I bought csgo for ~3$ and played my first comp without playing anything else ?+? I scored 1-19 and was carried really hard. But we won ANWAYS we then chilled in this JB server and it was HG's. I actually just chilled for many days...playing all day. and then >_> 2 weeks I applied for CSS not CSGO recruit but i guess that sorted out and it's been a great almost 4 years!

• 2 weeks later...

Got Garry's mod as a gift from a friend cause they knew how much I loved the HL series, in the long-long ago. Got bored with the games I had, wanted to shoot some zombies, so I went to see if Garry's mod had a server for such cravings. 3 Years later I'm still addicted, and happy I found the community!

• 2 weeks later...