Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

ULX Admin Guide

Garry's Mod Admin Rules

This will be a guide on how to properly use your admin on our Dark RP server without it getting taken away

To Buy Admin Go Here:

https://hellsgamers.com/gmodadmin

Link To The Current Rules:

https://hellsgamers.com/threads/57331-Default-Laws-and-Rules-for-Dark-Rp-%28New-MOTD%29

These are being worked on and perfected by staff so please bare with them.

The Basics:

When you first get admin, you'll want to look at your options and commands. Do so by typing in the chat box !menu. It will bring up a menu such as mine below.

UwXxN.jpg

To have easier access to your menu, you'll need to bind it to a key. Open up your console and type the following:

2cy4nch.png

Of course substitute your own key you would use.

This will bring you a menu of powers. To use the powers on a player, click the power category then the power you would like to use.

LVF4d.jpg

Warn > Kick > Ban System / How To Approach A Problem

Lately people haven't been following the appropriate way on how to handle a minge(Gmod Noob). No one is above the rules when it comes to admin. Therefore we all need to follow our Admin System. Every once in awhile, if someone RDMs you, or fucks with you, You're pissed. I've gone right to ban on some people who glitch into my base and steal my guns. But I started to stray my anger and deal with the problem the right way.

Warn: When someone breaks a rule, it's our job as admins to warn them and make sure they know what they did was wrong. There are a few ways to approach this matter, depending on the heftiness of the rule. Something that's small you can give them a warn in /ooc or /pm "NAME" message. Sometimes people do not see it. That's when you can use the command !goto "Persons Name" And simply explain what they have done is wrong and they need to stop. Now of course you have people with authority problems. This is where you Phys gun and hold them in place and tell them what they did.

Kick: When someone breaks a rule that you have caught doing it again, this is where a swift kick comes in handy. To kick someone you simply put in chat !kick "Name" "Reason" in the chat box. Make sure the reason explains what they did.

Ban: After the kick, you realize this person is just a complete douche bag. They continue to be assholes and break rules. Only a break from the server might cool them off. This is where you can ban the user for being a douche bag. To ban someone you put in chatbox !ban "Name" "Number Of Minutes(1-120)" "Reason" I put 1-120 because if you ban someone more then 120 minutes, it MUST be accompanied by a ban report. To post a ban report, Click:

https://hellsgamers.com/forums/72-Ban-Reports-Requests

Be sure to bring proof!

Proof: To get proof of someone in the act, you can always take a screenshot. To take a screenshot, you can press f5 on your keyboard. If you have unbinded that key or you don't think it works, you can simply rebind or check the bind.

10fdm2w.png

Another form of proof is to take a demo. To take a demo, type in console record "Name of Demo" And after you have what you need type stop in console.

To locate the demo follow the screen below.

3dgux.png

It will be in the second Garrysmod folder. It will be a .dem file as seen above. To get a download link, all you do is go to an upload site like http://www.zhost.hellsgamers.com and locate it and upload.

Some people are not here to play the server. Some are here to grief the server. On SPECIAL times may you go right to a ban.

Problems That Cause An Auto-Ban:

Attempting To Crash Server

Prop Blocking Spawn

Extreme Racism

Threats Of DDOS/Crashing Server

Glitching The Server And Breaking The Gamemode

Hacking(Baconbot) - On a note: Speedhacking will be very hard to trace due to a drug in game "Cocaine" that makes you run at 3x running speed.

Banning An Admin:DO NOT DO IT! Never should you take an unwanted action towards other admins. Only reason you should take an action is when the admin is mass abusing and it is messing with the server(Mass kicking for no reason, Mass banning for no reason)

If you see an admin doing something that is against MOTD and rules of HG, GET PROOF! Make sure you gather proof for them to get their admin removed. Yes we have logs to check what admins have been doing, but showing us proof saves us time and effort.

Abuse Forums: https://hellsgamers.com/forums/74-Abuse-Reports

Abusing Your Admin:

Lately, I've seen some admins who haven't been using admin wisely. Even me. Weather it's Phys gunning people around. Random kicking or banning. There is plenty ways to abuse your admin. I'm going to tell you how to use certain commands and not look like a total douche bag with your admin like me.

ny7i38.png

Spectate Command: The spectate command is used for spectating people. This is a better way of catching people in the act of breaking rules. Only one problem is you cannot hear what's going on. If you're trying to catch someone being racist, it's better to go invisible and hang around so you can hear.

Jail Command: Some people do not like being grabbed with your Phys gun. Fair enough. To deal with someone without the complaining about grabbing them, you can always use !jail "Name" command. What is does is put a cage around them where they cannot escape and are forced to stay there until you !unjail them. Use it to deal with nagging people who hate being Phys gunned.

Freeze Command: Same reasons as !jail command. But they cannot move nor turn or use guns.

Gag/Mute Command: When people are spamming over the mic and they don't listen to your warn, use !gag "Name" to mute their mic. If they are spamming chat box, use !mute "Name" Keep them muted for about 5 minutes or so and unmute/gag them. If they rejoin the server to avoid gag/mute, re-gag/mute and warn them not to do that. If it happens again, you may ban for 30 minutes or so with the reason avoiding admin punishment.

Teleporting Commands: Once in awhile, you'll see in chatbox "Admin to me" or someone needing an admins help. To go to a player in distress type in the chatbox !goto "Name" to teleport to them. Now if a player is stuck you can use the command !bring "Name" in which it will bring the person to you. Sometimes people will be in a small area in which you'll get this error.

xdyz2a.png

Just ask the person to move a bit and make room, or ask them if it's okay to bring them to you. And if you have noclip use that first and then !goto. Only Trusted and above have the power to noclip.

Strip Weapons Command: All this does is remove all the weapons from a player. Use it in the case of someone shooting you when trying to talk to them. !strip "Name" to use it.

Remember To Use Your Admin With Discretion!

If you have any questions on how you should go about a problem or to use admin, you can always ask in admin chat.

ixqn14.png

To do this put a @ symbol then your message in the chatbox

Other Admins: To find out who else is an admin, you put this command in console:

2zi3ax5.png

It will then show you everyones name in the server along with the status of admin(or not)

ARFPG.jpg

The power chain goes from User (Normal Player) < Serveradmin(Payed admin) < Trustedadmin < Superadmin < God Admin

Hopefully This Guide Has Proved Useful And Shown You Some Help, If You Have Any Questions, Feel Free To PM Me Or Post In This Thread. If I Come Across New Info Or If I Forget Anything, I'll Be Sure To Update This.

Edited by Vao

"User(No Powers, Just A Regular) > Respected > ladmin > admin(Trusted Admin) > Superadmin"

So users are most powerful?

Fine, its switched, gawd they are suppose to be arrows but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

When you !menu kick/ban someone it doesn't allow you to give a reason....fix?

Just use !kick or !ban. If there name is goofy, just copy paste :3 and if they leave before you can do anything to them, get their steam ID and make a ban report.

• 3 months later...

there's a new admin mod (which you know lolololol) this guide, though thorough and well made, is no longer accurate and can be misleading to the new Evolve mod used, atleast on the gmod server, if not other, so if youre admin on teh gmod server there are new commands here : http://code.google.com/p/evolvemod/

hope this helps out ;), all the best -hg- Weevil

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...