Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Sound bytes and HLDJ

AnonyHorse

I know this has been discussed many times but for the past week i've started to go back into jailbreak and the new MOTD saying "Sound bytes and music are at the admins discretion" but most of the time its the admins doing the spamming of sound bytes and music. I'm not going to name any names because i dont have sufficient proof but it does happen. I believe we should go back to the old rule concerning hldj. Sound bytes aren't allowed. Music is at certain times eg. Wardays, LR, and freedays. Leaving it to the admins discretion is like giving a 10 gauge shotgun to a midget. All your doing is giving them power to knock themselves on their ass.

I know this has been discussed many times but for the past week i've started to go back into jailbreak and the new MOTD saying "Sound bytes and music are at the admins discretion" but most of the time its the admins doing the spamming of sound bytes and music. I'm not going to name any names because i dont have sufficient proof but it does happen. I believe we should go back to the old rule concerning hldj. Sound bytes aren't allowed. Music is at certain times eg. Wardays, LR, and freedays. Leaving it to the admins discretion is like giving a 10 gauge shotgun to a midget. All your doing is giving them power to knock themselves on their ass.

If you think it's becoming a problem, record a demo and bring it up on the forums, admins on JB should know better, they make up thier own sense of the rules and disregard what everyone else says. It happens all to often. If it's becoming a big problem; Take action and put a stop to it.

I think in Certain days HLDJ is needed...

Pirate day -

Isengard -

Etc...

I agree. These can be exceptions, but giving admins discretion is just making them think that its ok because they are admins.

personally, i never minded HLDJ as long as it wasnt over the top, if it went over the top or people asked for it to be stopped i would mute whoever, but yeah.

I agree, but if the people spamming are admins and there isn't a trusted on(which is pretty much every day) its not going to help.

@rizon I know this. As soon as i have proof I will be submitting abuse reports. No worries there.

I think you're thinking of lord bon, coming to you live, from the basement of lord bon.

But it is hard as an admin to tell people to not spam hldj when there are some admins that constantly do it. Then when you mute them, they put in an abuse report because the amazing admin vs admin system. Not everyone records demos every time they play just so they can catch abusers and be the admin police, personally as an HG member I don't think that its my place. It would be nice to have some rule that states if people are complaining about spam or hldj with a specific admin, that another admin has the right to mute the admin.

Edited by racker16

It would be nice to have some rule that states if people are complaining about spam or hldj with a specific admin, that another admin has the right to mute the admin.

Maybe, but it would still turn into an admin war because theres very few people on JB with "trusted" or in other words everyone has the same level of admin. Theres no single person with a higher immunity. There needs to be someone in there who can moderate all of the little admins that question everything and make their own rules.

Meh the week hldj diddnt work was probably one of the most boring weeks on jailbreak ever. Granted hldj can be extremely, extemely annoying. And in 80 percent of cases it is annoying, but I feel like its too much of a part of a jailbreak to just take away. Everyone has their own opinion on it though so meh.

I don't mind the HLDJ sound bytes/music, etc. As long as people aren't complaining it's fine.

But when people do start complaining I then warn them to stop, and if they don't, you can mute them for mic spam.

If it's an admin spamming just get proof and make a report, same with regular players if you're not an admin.

Edited by Angel Descends

• 2 weeks later...