Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What computer skills do you have?

Wingless

Whatever Helmin, I was Homer's official googler long before you were even born! Also, I fix game servers for free (though I wouldn't mind getting paid *cough cough*).

Official Googler? Does that mean Homer makes enough money that he pays people to google search for him?

Whatever Helmin, I was Homer's official googler long before you were even born! Also, I fix game servers for free (though I wouldn't mind getting paid *cough cough*).

I wasn't talking about Homer or Q-S, Lamp. At Quantum-Servers, I'm just the janitor.

Official Googler? Does that mean Homer makes enough money that he pays people to google search for him?

Yes. Thats exactly what it means. But I haven't been promoted to googler yet. I still just do his pedicures.

I wasn't talking about Homer or Q-S, Lamp. At Quantum-Servers, I'm just the janitor.

Yes. Thats exactly what it means. But I haven't been promoted to googler yet. I still just do his pedicures.

Ahh I see. So who is the official suck-up?

Wow...let's see...

In college...got stuck with...

Turbo Pascal,

Cobol,

C/Unix [this was DOS version of C by the way; not windows based, DOS still ruled back in 1989-92];

Focus,

JCL/VMS,

RPG II,

and good lord and whole more I have probably forgotten...

First I.T. job as a programmer... a language called: Magic

This was a non-DOS/non-windows based application & operating system rolled into one...it was the first multi-user/multi-threading operating system...though the debate contines as too which came first... Magic or MuMPS[Massachuetts Medical Programming System]...

Self taught HTML coding and web page layout...the only program I use for making web pages, is arachnophilia...doesn't do any coding, just makes it easier to see if I have ended my commands correctly or not...

Been building PC's since 1990, have done PC/Mac hardware support, ISP support, Hotel support, Network support for about the past 14 years... Worked for Earthlink supporting DSL/Cable/Home & Office customers...

Currently, supervisor/network admin for the Ga. office of secretary of state...support [5] windows servers, and project lead over our transition from paper to a electronic imaging/scanning.

umm i play high school roller hockey, all star all years ive played, won championships every year ive been there, lacrosse, football, installing audio example is subwoofers, ummm i get all A's in school, in National honor society of high school scholars.

Linux Systems Administration and Networking

Game Server Management for 5 years

I know fluent PHP/HTML/MySQL/CSS/XML/Javascript/AJAX/ASP/VB/Shell/Eventscripts/Perl/Python and some C# C++.

You should be making a lot more money than you probably are. Especially since everyone wants their sysadmins to know 12 different programming languages, be good at website development, still give a damn about Lotus products and then do the stuff sysadmins are actually supposed to do.

Though I suppose you can now consider any girl that will let you have a 7 on group rights to her rc.d immediate marriage material.

I'm an artist by trade mostly specializing in 3D; Digital Sculpting, character and prop modeling, weight mapping and some rigging.

I can also do traditional art as well being 2D, though I am a little rusty as I haven't drawn in awhile.

I can show some examples

2D Examples

Cyborg

Click Here

Giant Zerg/Tyranid thing

Click Here

Oldschool Baron of Hell from Doom

Click Here

ETF Officer - Eckhart Nordstroem

Click Here

Axe wielding Satyr

Click Here

3D Examples

Kaliphix - Desert Dwelling Fuzzy Bug

Click Here

High Poly Kalphix Sculpture

Click Here, Here and Here

Heavy Cyborg

Click Here

ASL Mini Heavy Lifting Crane - Crappy old screenshot of it before I set up the lighting and baked in an AO pass.

Click Here

Edited by Artillery

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...