Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Compound Bow

General Red

I bought a compound bow today. Got a pretty good deal and gonna start into archery.

Im just wondering if anyone here has a good place they get items or gear. Since I just started Im obviously new to the game.

First thing i have been wondering about is where to get wax.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey, what kind of bow did you get? Just curious. I picked up a Fred Bear like 2-3 years ago, I don't shoot much (that is going to change this year) and when I do, I can get 5 arrows in a circle the size of a 50 cent piece. Hopefully I can join a local archery club and do some weekly shooting with them.

awesome awesome awesome! Didnt know we had so many archers here! I picked up a Parker Wildfire which was 530, but on sale for 300. So i got that, has a sight, a stop, a quiver (4 arrows) and 50-60# draw. Im waiting for them to get a tool to adjust the draw size on it and cut the arrows. But i gotta go back toschool soon and i cant take it with me. So i might get boned if I cant get the part in soon.

I got it bottomed out on lbs right now at 50. but i hav been working out and already need it tuned higher so im not to worried.

The next question I had was if any of you cut your own arrows and how to do it. I got carbon arrows and I have a 27" draw. so im guessing to cut them at about 28 but I dont know how to go about that. If someone here cuts their own id love to know how.

You need Arrow saw and a v block and if you have the lenght you need (an old arrow), take the tip out, use a marker and mark the new arrows. Make sure you spin the arrow while cutting. Not hard, you can do it. Make sure to smooth off the end of the arrow when you finished. But make sure you wear some nice Pair of leather gloves Heavy leather gloves and some safety glasses because sometimes the carbon does split and flies everywhere I do my own wooden arrows now because I shoot Instinctive longbow and is much Easier to do and much safer I think.. But if you have like $15 just bring them shafts in to your Local sporting goods store like Gander Mountain and they we do it for you. If you want I could upload my setup on how I cut my arrows