Quantcast

• Create Account
101 players in 39 servers, 284 users online, 61 recent bans.

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Recent Topics

Featured Partners

Jailbreak Admin Training Guide

* * * * * 6 votes

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

RedDevil6193

RedDevil6193

HG Veteran

• 12,591 posts

POPULAR

Jailbreak

Admin training guide

Other Guides/Rules:
Main Admin Training Guide
Jailbreak Bible
How to catch a hacker
Guide on what NOT to do
HLDJ/Mic Rules
Macrodox Guide
Rules for Racism
Guide on getting proof for bans
Guide To Make A Ban/T-List Report

Jailbreak Admin Specific Rules
  • Do not take someone's word as proof. Instead you should spectate the person someone is complaining about.
  • You can move afk admins to spec, but make sure you warn them thru admin chat first. Try to use !afkcheck if enabled on your jailbreak server.
  • You may use !slap for pirate days (Only allowed on big cage).
  • You may move anyone to CT only if there is no one leading and they are willing to lead.
  • If you ever have any questions ask a member of leadership
Commands

How to use a command on a target with special characters in their name or when there are multiple clients with the similar names.

Open console, type status use the corresponding # to the left of their name.
Posted Image
For example !slay #179. Would slay Posted Image .
or
!admin > target commands > slay > find their name.

Command in chat
Syntax (When not shown it is either !<command> <target> or just !command
Why and when you should use it - Important Notes
  • Most these commands can be used in console. Substitute the ! with sm_ (example: sm_admin instead of !admin)
    • If the console command is different it will be shown in a blueish color
  • All commands can be used in chat with a '/'. This will make the command invisible to targets.
  • Command parameters that have spaces in should be surrounded by double-quotes, e.g. /ban "target name" 60 "target was whatever reason ..."
!slay
This command should be used when a CT either freekills or is doing something against the rules that warrants a slay, ie baiting(Warn First), freekilling, freeshooting.

!tlock tlock (!untlock untlock to undo)
tlock <target> <number of rounds> (defaulted to 1, max of 9)
This command is mostly used if a Ct has derped multiple times throughout rounds.  The Ct normally would have already been slayed once or twice before using this command. This will leave no record and will go away if they disconnect.

!tlist tlist (!untlist untlist to undo)
tlist <target> <number of minutes> (defaulted to 120, max 120)
This command is used after a templock or in a case of MASS FREEKILLING ( When a stack is shot and more than 4 people are killed). This command will post a tlist report on HGBans. You SHOULD post proof for an extension (See guide at the top for more info). You are able to tlist a steamid, but you HAVE to post proof for it to be approved.
As an admin DO NOT tlist yourself without good reason, it will be extended to perm unless you come to the forums and reply to your tlist.

!move{ct | t | red | blue | spec} move{ct | t | red | blue | spec}
movect <target>
This command is used to move the target to the specified team. Red and blue are tf2 only.

!afkcheck sm_afkcheck
sm_afkcheck <target>
This command is used to move the target to spec if they do not move within 10 secconds. Applicable on servers that have !afkcheck

Thanks to burnt

Edited by Joe, February 1 2017 - 05:37 AM.
Updated bible link

ExGBrian

ExGBrian

Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • LocationSoCal
I haven't been admin for awhile but don't you have to put ban reason in "quotes"? Also doesn't the maximum time you ban players for is 120 without showing any proof?
Posted Image
Posted Image

'[O-P said:

rime;444921']Post angry threads about jailbreak.

conan said:

survey complete now ill trade my points for banning exbrian forever

Spoiler: HG | F4ithl3ss

Spoiler: The_Monkey

Spoiler: ttam
Spoiler: Shaolin
Posted Image

THANK YOU COOKIES AND JESSICAJOY AND ISAAC FOR THE SIGS!

RedDevil6193

RedDevil6193

HG Veteran

• 12,591 posts

View PostExGBrian, on January 1 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

I haven't been admin for awhile but don't you have to put ban reason in "quotes"? Also doesn't the maximum time you ban players for is 120 without showing any proof?

Doesnt matter if its one word then you dont need quotes but if its more than that like spaces then yes you need quotes.

As per max ban time for most servers is one hour even if you type 120 lol.

ExGBrian

ExGBrian

Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • LocationSoCal

View PostRedDevil6193, on January 1 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

Doesnt matter if its one word then you dont need quotes but if its more than that like spaces then yes you need quotes.

ok haha then change reason and put "quotes around it"

View PostRedDevil6193, on January 1 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

!ban
sm_ban
sm_ban name reason

Posted Image
Posted Image

'[O-P said:

rime;444921']Post angry threads about jailbreak.

conan said:

survey complete now ill trade my points for banning exbrian forever

Spoiler: HG | F4ithl3ss

Spoiler: The_Monkey

Spoiler: ttam
Spoiler: Shaolin
Posted Image

THANK YOU COOKIES AND JESSICAJOY AND ISAAC FOR THE SIGS!

RedDevil6193

RedDevil6193

HG Veteran

• 12,591 posts
No ty.

blackberry4511

blackberry4511

HG Veteran

• 724 posts
  • LocationMccains basement
You forgot @@"name of user" for private messaging.
Also, this is really well done.
Things i would add:
-Examples. I know you have when to use a command and when not to. But i believe In game examples would suit well. Heres one i think can come up most often.
               • A rule breaker has been free-killing and there have been people complaining about him free-killing. Firstly, dont go by word of mouth, mainly because the person saying it might not have heard orders properly and thought they were free-killed. Secondly, watch the user who has been accused of free-killing. Or ask him why he killed so and so user, but sadly they mostly dont remember or will not respond which then puts you back at just watching the rule breaking user. So, now you caught him free-killing, so  you slay him. 98.9% of the time, this guy will flame or simply be like "wtf". If you were free-killed by the user and you slayed him, tell him why and what will happen next if he continues. Like i said before a large percentage of people will fight back saying your wrong and also throw a couple of colorful words in there as well. When dealing with a user like this, try and be as professional as possible. This will help you in the long run mainly because it will make you look like you are responsible as well as can handle your temper in a situation. Mostly the user you slayed will drop it and move on. BUT, people tend to get moody and drag it on. So, first warn them that the situation is done and that they do not need to drag it on any further. You can do this either through a private message (Which can be done by typing @@ in all chat, with the users name touching the last @ sign, then deliver the warning), All chat, maybe even through regular chat, and even through gang chat is the user just so happens to be in the same gang as you (Admins can read all gang chat but non-admins cannot). So, if the warnings are ignored or the user simply flips you the bird, gag him (One round is a nice short time for him to think what he has done) . Once that is done, tell him why he is gaged and for how long (You can tell him the same way you warned him to drop the issue), of course he cant respond because is gaged but he most certainly be able to read. So, it's next round and the user just wont settle the fuck down. At this point his head is to far up in the air that he wont stop, so give him a kick with an APPROPRIATE REASON TO THE SITUATION. Not "I told you to fucking stop talking" or "STFU", this WILL come and bite you in the ass through either: a higher up catching whiff of you stupidity or an abuse report. So a good reason would be "Not dropping the situation when told to do so." Or "Disobeying admin orders". Like mentioned before, the user has his head so far up his ass now that he will not calm down, but then again he might. So if he comes back saying, "Im reporting you, you shit admin abuser" Or whatever you find to be directed towards you in the way that he clearly shows that he has not dropped the subject then its time for a ban. So, how long should you ban him for? Well seeing as how he is pretty heated, a 30-60 minute ban is acceptable. If the user cannot calm down within that time fram he clearly has some issues and needs to settle the fuck down. For reasoning on the ban, use the same reasons as before or say something along the lines of "Ignored warnings". Also, through this whole process take screen shots of the users replies to your warnings and the warning you gave him, so if the user makes an abuse report, you have plenty of counter evidence to support that you followed proceder. Oh and through this whole thing, keep your cool.
Yeah, so stuff like that. You know piecing everything together all the command and stuff.

DeathShot

DeathShot

Retired Leadership

• 2,317 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Helpful, might get rid a of a badmin or two. Thanks red.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory."
-General George S. Patton

View Postbort, on June 12 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Ok then, no response in 3 days so I'll assume your silence means that you love RedDevil now in a very sexual way, and want his admin powers increased by a factor of 10.

View PostJake, on March 26 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

Can we not piss off RedDevil, please.

View PostRedDevil6193, on March 10 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

BITCHES BE CRAZY.

View PostJJK, on January 9 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

with that attitude you should be a recruit

View Postenigma#, on March 26 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

We're all still human and we all make mistakes. I guess I finally realised mine and I'm doing what will work best for the current HG.

Bonbon said:

So, you're already off to a rough start, especially considering you're accusing cute little Archer of abuse.

View PostArcher, on July 16 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

I love you so much.

You can play with me anytime :)

darkside1016 said:

Please state your professional CSS accomplishments.

dolanannnnn

dolanannnnn

HG Member

• 1,264 posts
  • Locationpu$$y fagits
Finally.

No more abuse reports
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

DeathShot

DeathShot

Retired Leadership

• 2,317 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

View PostDolan, on January 1 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

Finally.

No more abuse reports

That's a generous assumption

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok then, no response in 3 days so I'll assume your silence means that you love RedDevil now in a very sexual way, and want his admin powers increased by a factor of 10.

BITCHES BE CRAZY.

We're all still human and we all make mistakes. I guess I finally realised mine and I'm doing what will work best for the current HG.

Bonbon said:

So, you're already off to a rough start, especially considering you're accusing cute little Archer of abuse.

I love you so much.

darkside1016 said:

dolanannnnn

dolanannnnn

HG Member

• 1,264 posts
  • Locationpu$$y fagits

View PostDeathShot, on January 1 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

That's a generous assumption
IM TRYING TO BE POSTIVE D:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

RedDevil6193

RedDevil6193

HG Veteran

• 12,591 posts

View Postblackberry4511, on January 1 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

You forgot @@"name of user" for private messaging.

I didnt add cause most of times people make mistake and they type in all chat so it better to use psay lol.

Also other thing is tl;dr i ll read it tomo lol.

Rick James

Rick James

Members

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Nice effort
Posted Image

JJK

JJK

HG Veteran

• 2,819 posts
  • LocationKansas
please continue to contribute everyone :)
Posted Image

(H)

(H)

HG Veteran

• 1,495 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
Reddevil is causing player drama

his edit says Brian is gay

Posted Image

Edited by (Headband)(EG), January 1 2013 - 10:43 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

View PostCantBeFaded, on September 23 2013 - 04:46 AM, said:

THIS IS A GAMING COMMUNITY. NOT A DROP BOX FOR

SPERM SAMPLES LIKE YOURSELF.

View PostBonbon, on August 17 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

We here in HG management do not believe in masturbation. It is because of this reason we have decided to shut down all of our Jailbreak servers. Permanently.

Wasting grandchildren is a serious issue, that needs to be addressed on an international level.

Thank you for understanding, and sorry for any inconvenience,
   HG Management.

View PostCantBeFaded, on June 30 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

I was gonna unban you til I saw you  ended your unban request with REAL. So 4 weeks for every letter in the word real. And another week for the period behind it.

View PostRedDevil6193, on June 5 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

Edit: I forgot to add that unfriending someone is not a crime according to interwebs police.

Bonbon said:

I didn't read a single word of your post, mainly because we have this exact thread about twice a month, and the answer has never changed.

No.

bigjohnMS said:

no hydro u have to be coolest of the coolest cause Hellsgamers is all about the cool peeps

RedDevil6193 said:

Ya i would read what you said but that font just pisses me off.

xafizzle

xafizzle

Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • LocationTexas
Maybe make a note saying not to move players to spec unless they ask for it. I've seen a couple of new admins move CTs to spectate because they're "afk" when they've only been gone 2 minutes. Also, maybe add info for the @@@ command that shows the message in the middle of the screen.

View Postthrill0gy, on July 4 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

also stop making me download ugly custom shit you neckbeards

Brad said:

thanks somon knows what shit is doin around here suicide get of the horse and stop actin liek a bitch well you are just not girl kind your mom makes good bagels
Posted Image

DeathShot

DeathShot

Retired Leadership

• 2,317 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

View Postxafizzle, on January 2 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Maybe make a note saying not to move players to spec unless they ask for it. I've seen a couple of new admins move CTs to spectate because they're "afk" when they've only been gone 2 minutes. Also, maybe add info for the @@@ command that shows the message in the middle of the screen.

I don't think we can/are allowed to use the @@@ command.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BITCHES BE CRAZY.

Bonbon said:

I love you so much.

darkside1016 said:

RedDevil6193

RedDevil6193

HG Veteran

• 12,591 posts

View Postxafizzle, on January 2 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

I dont see a problem with it. Afk is afk.

DeathShot

DeathShot

Retired Leadership

• 2,317 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

View PostRedDevil6193, on January 2 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

I dont see a problem with it. Afk is afk.

So we CAN indefinitely move an AFK player, who is non-admin, to spectator? I have gotten talked to by other admins/vets for doing so.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BITCHES BE CRAZY.

Bonbon said:

I love you so much.

darkside1016 said:

RedDevil6193

RedDevil6193

HG Veteran

• 12,591 posts
Yes if they are afk they arent helping so yes.

xafizzle

xafizzle

Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • LocationTexas
I never knew that. I always thought we were supposed to leave sending people to spec to root admins who can see how long someone is afk for.

View Postthrill0gy, on July 4 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

also stop making me download ugly custom shit you neckbeards

Brad said:

thanks somon knows what shit is doin around here suicide get of the horse and stop actin liek a bitch well you are just not girl kind your mom makes good bagels
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users