Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Tutorial] Canceling Subscriptions / Invoices & You

Papa John

IF YOU NEED ACCOUNT / BILLING / PAYMENT SUPPORT DO NOT USE THE FORUMS TO ASK QUESTIONS!

If your issue concerns any of the above types of support, you MUST create a client support ticket and to get assistance! Note, you can and will be banned if you check the "Critical" checkbox and your question doesn't need an immediate response!

So you have already paid for a subscription or invoice but you don't know how to cancel it? Here is how:

Canceling Invoices:

Make sure you are logged in to the forums and then choose one of the following links:

Pending Invoice - Choose this is you have started a purchase, haven't actually paid for, but would like to cancel.

Paid Invoice - Choose this is you have already purchased and paid for an item, but would like to cancel the invoice.

That will lead you to a page that will look something like this:

51e19a028a48e.png

If it doesn't look like that, be sure you are logged in and clicked the correct link, if it does look correct then here is a list of all of your invoices for your chosen type. In this case, I tried to add credit to my account for $5.00 but I now am deciding I don't want to top it off. So after, I click the Pending Invoice link since I have yet to purchase the top off, I can see my invoice in the list above. To select it, all you do is click the name of the invoice, in this case "Account Credit Topup".

51e19a3812cd9.png

After clicking the name, you should be brought to an invoice page that looks similar to this (Without the colorful boxes), and it should match up with the information relating to the invoice. Since we want to cancel the subscription we are going to want to click the "Cancel Invoice" button (in the green box) to tell the system we don't want to purchase this invoice. If we had already purchased a subscription (like a GOLD Account) then this would prevent the system from attempting to make a reoccurring purchase each month for the subscription. As a side note, if you decide you want to pay you can use the "Pay Now" button (in the red box) to complete the invoice (this will not be shown if you have already paided). The last thing is Note (in the yellow box), which is for your benefit only to leave yourself notes not for administration to read or for support.

51e19a701c0aa.png

After you have clicked the "Cancel Invoice" button a simple popup (top part of the page) informing you the invoice has been canceled will appear, along with the page reflecting that you no longer have the option to pay or cancel the invoice.

Canceling Reoccurring Monthly Subscriptions:

If you have already made the purchase of a monthly subscription based item (like Platinum), but would like to prevent it from continuing from month over month automatically this is how you cancel the subscription.

Make sure you are logged in to the forums and follow this link.

51e19aa105d35.png

This will take you to the purchase page in the client area showing all of your recent and active purchases. I recently purchased a Platinum Account as you can see but decided I don't want it to automatically renew the monthly subscription on the 23rd. So, to select the subscription I want to cancel I will click the name of the subscription, in this case "Platinum Account", to take me to the subscription's information page (Note you will want to choose only "Active" subscriptions).

51e19b7d20831.png

After click the subscription you should be presented with a page that looks like this (without the multicolored boxes around the buttons on the right), if it doesn't go back and make sure you selected the right purchase, and now we have a bunch of options to choose from on the left. In this case the bottom button labeled "Cancel" (red box) is the one I want because I want to cancel the subscription. However, if I had an issue with the purchase or subscription I could choose the top box labeled "New Support Request" (orange box) in order to ask a question about the purchase. Or if I wanted to renew my subscription for the next month right now I could click the button labeled "Renew Now" (green box) and, after payment, it would advance the subscription's term one month. Finally the third button down labeled "Change Package" (blue box) allows you to at any time upgrade your subscription to a higher tier (like a Black Account) or downgrade your account (like a Gold account) for the next billing period (in this case July 23, 2013).

51e19b4482b84.png

But continuing on with the process, after you press the cancel button you will be asked to verify if you are sure you want to cancel the purchase. If you choose the "Cancel" button (red box) it will cancel the subscription, choosing the "Go Back" link (green box) will not cancel the subscription and return you to the information page.

51e19bdbdf7f1.png

After you have click cancel on the verification page you will be redirected back to the recent purchases list and the above popup should appear on the top of the forum page. After that you have successfully canceled your subscription!.

51e19c07674e0.png

Should you want to reactivate a canceled, but still active, subscription you need only head back to the purchase page in the client panel and select the canceled subscription. Then when you are brought to the subscription page select the button labeled "Reactivate" (red box) and your subscription will be reactivated.

Cancel Subscriptions / Invoices On PayPal:

To cancel the invoice on your paypal account, and if you used a reoccurring subscription (Like Platinum Accounts that pay monthly, not like Account Topups or Perp/JB cash) use the following link: Paypal Subscription Link

Payment Information:

Name - HellsGamers.com

Email - [email protected]

Edited by Homer
  • Like 4

Thank you for this. Wanted to make sure that my other subscription was canceled, and it has been canceled through my Paypal, and I no longer see the "Cancel Invoice" or "Pay Now" selections when going to that section, so I assume that it has been canceled through the Client Area as well.

• 4 months later...