Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Need A Tall Car

xafizzle

So I'm going to be getting my first car, probably gonna lease it but that doesn't really matter, and I have no real idea what to get.

Being 6'3", most cars are way too small for me. But being poor as shit also, I can't get a $30000 car.

So far, on my list of possible cars is:

• Dodge Avenger
  • Honda Accord
  • Chevrolet Cruze
  • Subaru Impreza (My number 1 choice right now)

I'm staying away from volkswagens and huge trucks but other than that, all I need is a tall car.

In order of importance of the car:

1. Price
  2. Proper size
  3. Fuel economy
  4. Looks

Any help for someone new to cars would be really helpful and much appreciated

Well I got 4" on you though so it makes a big difference. I think the only car I've been in that I haven't been able to reach the pedals was a Ford Escape. But it is good to know.

My dad has a Subaru Outback which is what I drive more than anything else and it's alright for me. Still a few inches short though

Edited by xafizzle

Well I got 4" on you though so it makes a big difference. I think the only car I've been in that I haven't been able to reach the pedals was a Ford Escape. But it is good to know.

My dad has a Subaru Outback which is what I drive more than anything else and it's alright for me. Still a few inches short though

My girlfriend has a 2005 Escape and I can touch the pedals with it all the way back so it's weird that you can't. My sisters husband is 6' 5" 250 pounds and he also has a Cruze. He got it because it was the only high mpg car he could fit comfortably in. I would definitely test drive one. They are very comfortable, get 36-42mpg depending on the model you get, and are less than $20k. Subarus are nice but expensive.

Well maybe it wasn't an escape. It was a ford SUV and that's all I remember.

But I'll definitely check it out. I was wanting to get a honda or subaru because I know the people in the dealership well and I know they'd give me a good deal but I'll try the cruze.

I own a lancer and its pretty tall on the inside. I'd def go take a look and drive a few. Don't get an avenger haha.

The cruze (RS version) looks pretty decent even though the engine is gutless.

But yeah check out the lancer (GT or rally art) VW GTI, and a Mazda speed 3.

I've been debating whether or not to get a used car. Have any of you had any bad experiences with a used car? Or a reason to get a new over a used?

Get certified pre-owned, that's what I'm doing with a Jetta, not sure if those are the same terms as other brands or dealerships.

Please do yourself the favor of not buying a Dodge... Or any Mopar piece of crap. You will have problem after problem after problem... Volkswagens are okay but if you plan to keep it for a long time (over 100k miles), it will start to fall apart and you'll be spending just as much to fix it as you were making monthly payments.

if you plan to keep it for a long time (over 100k miles), it will start to fall apart and you'll be spending just as much to fix it as you were making monthly payments

Although this isn't a major concern of mine as I don't plan on keeping it for over 4 or 5 years. But I certainly don't want a car that'll start to have issues after 40k or 50k miles. Are any of the ones I listed, aside from the Dodge, like this?

Although this isn't a major concern of mine as I don't plan on keeping it for over 4 or 5 years. But I certainly don't want a car that'll start to have issues after 40k or 50k miles. Are any of the ones I listed, aside from the Dodge, like this?

2010 Hyundai Elantra is 54k miles and runs great...

Honda Accords are good cars, just depends on the mileage and year,

Chevrolet Cruze are just as good, but again it depends on mileage and year,

Subaru Impreza I have been seeing a lot more of especially in other countries, it seems like a good car, just again it all depends on the mileage and year.

For a better answer you're guy to have to supply statistics, in order for a better answer.

I can't tell you a 2010 car will last you a week, or a 1998 car will last you a day, because it all just depends on the mileage, and year (I like to know the year because of its statistics in its background).