Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Branhorse Is Gonna Be Bigger Than Faithless

BranHorse

Title says it all. (so i'm gonna explain more and go into detail beyond this point because it really doesn't say it all)

tl;dr this thread is really to help me stay motivated and focused while training. I'll be updating it every week or so to track my progress and maybe to inspire others to not be lazy like I have been.

As some of you know, I used to be a very well groomed and strong stallion, but lately I have been feeling like a gross mustang (not the 5.0 kind or the shelby kind, more like the 1999 wtf is that thing kind). The last 4 years of my life have been full of surgery's and sitting around not doing anything (wasting time with you people). So I have officially started my caveman diet and am looking to go from weighing 147 lbs (or 66.8 kg for you redcoat fags and Canadian moose fuckers) to about 180lbs. My height is 5'11" so I feel that gaining to about 195 and then cutting to 180 will be optimal. This is all muscle of course.

So in order to reach my goal of feeling and looking awesome I plan on getting to the gym 4 days a week (mon, tues, thurs, friday and an optional second leg day on sun).

Mon- leg death day. Unfortunately I currently can't squat due to a shoulder injury so I will be doing everything but and a machine squat.

Tues- Triceps and Chest. This will be hard for me, I have to be careful to not let my shoulder get loose so I gotta start slow. My bench is probably terrible. My sophmore year in HS i could rep plates, but now i'm dreading the bar....

wed- break/work/school all fucking day

Thurs- Back and biceps. My favorite day since my back workouts are what I did for PT after both my shoulder surgeries and make it feel better. Low weight for the time being on biceps until i get comfortable with my shoulder

Fri- Shoulder and calves. All of my shoulder exercises will be done with either a cable or machine for stability reasons. My goal here is to be able to do shoulder presses with dumbbells.

Sat- Do whatever I want except for eating whatever I want

Sun- My bike ride day

Everyday I will be ridding my bike on my indoor trainer when I wake up and either doing it again after my workouts or actually riding it outside depending on if its 108f outside. Both 20 min to 45 min

Sundays I will ride for more then two hours.

This is my uncles routine that he made for me so I really can't stray to far from it, but if you guys have any suggestions or comments feel free to post them. My last day of this particular regimen is June 1. So I may be posting before and after pics on this thread (only one fap per person laz....)

Now for the boo hoo excuses part where I say how hard its gonna be.

Have crohns and some other digestive problems. This makes eating regularly difficult for me so gaining weight is hard. Must fight through it and eat no matter what. Also have a metabolism that likes to run things through my body in 1 hour. Also am hypoglycemic so my protein supplement and sports drinks are hard to take so I buy certain kinds with low sugar that cost more.

So if you do what I normally do and do not read long ass threads then skip to here. If you wasted your time then ha you wasted time on reading.

GOALS: Gain weight (muscle mass), find a diet that helps me feel better and not cause flair ups, look sexy as fuck, BE HAPPIER AND HEALTHIER IN GENERAL, and call at least 2 redcoats redcoats to their face (goes for you gravy fry eating bastards too).

Wish me luck.

Here is a tip for gaining muscle mass or growing your muscle the best way to go it less reps and more weight. Like for instance on the bench instead of doing something regular weights and doing like 5 sets of 10 reps you increase the weight( not too much though) and do something along the lines of 6 sets of 5 reps.

Since you want to work out your legs and you cant to anything with back or front squats try doing leg presses instead.

Here is a tip for gaining muscle mass or growing your muscle the best way to go it less reps and more weight. Like for instance on the bench instead of doing something regular weights and doing like 5 sets of 10 reps you increase the weight( not too much though) and do something along the lines of 6 sets of 5 reps.

Since you want to work out your legs and you cant to anything with back or front squats try doing leg presses instead.

That was the plan. My issue is i can't really hold my arm in the squat position with the bar on my shoulder so leg presses and extensions are going to be my go to for legs.

And i'm supposed to do 2 sets of light/moderate weight and then 3 sets of 4-8 of heavy, so kinda similar.

Once I get my arm stable I will go for max's and failure sets, but it will probably be after my second week. Gotta make sure i'm stable XD

I'll post what I did today and what i'll be doing for the rest of the week here in a bit. Gotta do some homework though and this helps me procrastinate to much

Edited by BranHorse

Today did chest and triceps. Triceps were hard as fuck and hurt like a bitch on my arm, chest went surprisingly well if you consider that I feel like a bitch from lifting about a third of what i'm used to...

Anyways, mostly dumbbells for the time being. My left arm is way stronger then my right and I don't want it to carry my right arms slack.

Chest:

2 warm up sets dumbbell bench, 25lbs. Then did 3 sets of 35 lbs (6-10 reps) until failure. This was actually hard for me haha. I knew I wouldn't be nearly as strong as I was, but damn.

Dumbbell flys (45 degree) 2 warm up sets then 3 sets of 30 lbs 6-10 reps until failure. This was hard and I felt weak as hell, but my shoulder felt good here which was kinda odd.

45 degree dumbbell bench. Same as the reg. Arm felt awkward but stable

Triceps:

Rope extension (standing upright) 2 warm up sets and then 2 sets of 50 lbs 4-8 reps, left arm over powered my right and kept the weight up

Skull crushers (a old favorite of mine) FAILED MISERABLY. Shoulder wouldn't allow me to do this. Maybe after a month I will be able to.

Replaced skull crushers with over head dumbbell extension. 3 sets 40 lbs 6-10 reps (was hurtin here)

Wanted to see how much stronger my left was compared to my right so I did one arm rope extensions. Left arm did 25lbs right did 15.......

Overall: Felt better then I expected, just not used to feeling like a wimp at the gym haha. Did my cardio when I woke up and gonna do it just before bed so I can maybe get more than 1 hour of sleep. Tomorrow all i'll have time to do is cardio so yeah.

Also I felt that I rushed threw everything. I need to time myself in between and go harder. Might post before pics that I took yesterday, but i'm shy as fuck and you all smell.

Have boned. It's as good as it looks.

Needs more boobs.

Had my rest day today. Spent it at school and work. When I work and am at school I am never really relaxed so eating was never on my things to do list. Forced myself to eat four meals and I felt like shit.

You need to find some edibles to take with you. Appetite enhancer out the ass.

I'm not going to the hood (ok im actually going tomorrow to see a friend, but yeah) or the redneck meth part of town so i'm just gonna eat more.

Did Back and biceps. Everything felt decent here. Back wasn't too bad and my right and left arm weren't to different. Good workout.

• 2 weeks later...

Did shoulders today. First time in 2 years that I did military presses and my arm felt 100%.

No pain at all it was sick.

Unfortunately I was doing pull ups and my toes curled in my shoe. When I let go of the bar one of my toes failed to un-curl from under my foot. Landed on the toe and now its broken. No hiking for me this weekend.....

Benched again today, maxed at 155 again. Gonna take a break from bench next week and do push up circuit/dumble fly's to shock the system to see if I can improve more. Was reppin plates at 3 sets of 6 which is awesome for me. Also after every workout I do an ab circuit (very similar to insanity's) Abs are cut up as fuck Oreo get at me.

Yesterday made up for the missed back and biceps day since I fucked up my toe. Left bicep is weak as fuck while my left tricep is soooo much stronger then my right (thanks PT for only working my right arm...)

Work outs usually last about 2 hours long after our 20 min circuit.

Weighed 153 today so small gain. Gotta eat more still. Its hard to eat a lot tomorrow since I am in class and work all day with only a few short breaks.

Motivation wise I am incredibly motivated thanks to my friends. I look forward to working out everyday, but unfortunately at work I have lost focused. Its my last two weeks there and iv been spending all my cash on gas (i drive 100+ miles a day to school and back) so I kinda find it hard to stay focused and care. My bosses are idiots and fight with each other and whenever I try to have a normal conversation with one of them they mention work and how they are gonna quit (both say the same thing).

On the 30th of May (one month from now) My GF and I will be moving to Half Moon Bay (SF area) and I will be starting another internship being a assistant to a structural geoengineer which i'm excited/nervous about. I'm going from Hot as fuck terrible air quality shit hole California's armpit town to healthy air and no sunlight ocean town. Gotta find a new gym that's not only a pilates bitch gym.

P.S (This is how I procrastinate doing my calc)

Benched again today, maxed at 155 again. Gonna take a break from bench next week and do push up circuit/dumble fly's to shock the system to see if I can improve more. Was reppin plates at 3 sets of 6 which is awesome for me. Also after every workout I do an ab circuit (very similar to insanity's) Abs are cut up as fuck Oreo get at me.

Yesterday made up for the missed back and biceps day since I fucked up my toe. Left bicep is weak as fuck while my left tricep is soooo much stronger then my right (thanks PT for only working my right arm...)

Work outs usually last about 2 hours long after our 20 min circuit.

Weighed 153 today so small gain. Gotta eat more still. Its hard to eat a lot tomorrow since I am in class and work all day with only a few short breaks.

Motivation wise I am incredibly motivated thanks to my friends. I look forward to working out everyday, but unfortunately at work I have lost focused. Its my last two weeks there and iv been spending all my cash on gas (i drive 100+ miles a day to school and back) so I kinda find it hard to stay focused and care. My bosses are idiots and fight with each other and whenever I try to have a normal conversation with one of them they mention work and how they are gonna quit (both say the same thing).

On the 30th of May (one month from now) My GF and I will be moving to Half Moon Bay (SF area) and I will be starting another internship being a assistant to a structural geoengineer which i'm excited/nervous about. I'm going from Hot as fuck terrible air quality shit hole California's armpit town to healthy air and no sunlight ocean town. Gotta find a new gym that's not only a pilates bitch gym.

P.S (This is how I procrastinate doing my calc)

Do you even bulk?