Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Wip] Hellsgamers Desktop Client

Leumonic

I figured I would contribute to HeLLsGamers a bit, so I started creating a desktop client for users. So far, it is only a server browser; but it will include a desktop version of the news page, a desktop version of the bans page, and if I can, a desktop store. It will also include favorite HG servers so you can set your most used servers. I know it isn't much, but it is what I am good at and I know there will be at least ONE user who uses it. It is also designed to look a LOT like the HG website, so it feels native and comfortable.

Screenshot:

3XmE1.png

Any thoughts or feedback for me?

Edited by Leumonic
  • Like 11

Really really cool like this much, we already had one of these but didnt get updated (cant find the thread) hope you will keep updating and improving this!

If you need a tester, let me know, im around quite alot =)

I might also add the ability to log in and check PMs and stuff like that. Not quite sure what to do.

This would be cool, but not sure how much it would be used :/

But add the "Recent topics" part and mabye last replied post for each forum?

Edited by Delink

Why not use the server browser on the homepage?

I mean it looks nice, I just don't see any reason to download something when the site gives you the same information...

Maybe for accessibility. Seems much easier than opening the web browser, Going to the website, Scrolling for the server. Maybe even just a reason no one knows.

Maybe for accessibility. Seems much easier than opening the web browser, Going to the website, Scrolling for the server. Maybe even just a reason no one knows.

Thanks for the defending of it. Maybe it is because you can sort based on the games you play, the servers you like the most, etc. Maybe so that you don't have to take forever loading the website for those with low bandwidth connections. Maybe you are just someone who prefers a desktop client over a webbrowser that needs to load extra scripts, styles, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd use it. A cool feature would be if when you click it a server it opens your game and joins. Would cut some time out of joining friends. Just a thought. Good work!

It seems that is already planned and/or already implemented!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...