Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Recommended Excersises?

Sir Jeddi00

Hey there, Jedd here.

I was a little curios, what would be some general recommended excercises to do after school that don't require equipment/machines? That could possibly include small dumbells?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :) and what are any of your unique workouts that you do with friends/by your self?

Yours faithfully, Sir Jeddi00.

Um, is this your first time working out?

If so then I thought I let you know that you can't work on certain body parts for more than 1-2 a week.

The only type of exercises I recommend doing everyday is cardio/abs.

Big muscle groups like your back and legs can only be worked on once a week

Small muscle groups like your biceps and triceps can only be worked on 1-2 times a week

Just saying before you hurt yourself :P

Btw what type of muscles group are you trying to work on?

Pushups, squats, situps, dips and maybe run up and down some stairs.

These basically cover most of your bodies main muscles and the stiars are good for more legs and cardio

If you do get your hands on equipment bench press is a really good exercise.

Cardio/Muscle Building/Strength training: Pushups + Weighted Pushups.

Pull-ups + Weighted Pull Ups.

Abdominal Planks + Crunches + Reverse Crunches (where you hold onto someone's legs and/or a heavy object) + Weights.

Running. Everyday. Streets or Treadmill. Streets 30mins at least, Treadmill 15 at least at high speed. Your endurance builds on street running and on performing these body workouts.

These simple, at home, body weighted exercises will give you lasting strength and coordination with your body, allow you to retain muscle that is easily rebuilt, and keeps you lean and limber, yet bulky and powerful if applied with weights.

Do them. Get Faithless/Brankflak'd, Get real results.

I'ma be on that shit

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some documents I just took photos of to help with anyone, and you, who need some info on types of lifting to do. I also recommend, if you have an Android phone, to get the app, https://play.google....hmyflow.workout. Perfect Body. Its a great application and can help with workout tuts and the like.

Hope this helps anyone who is interested and is looking. :)

I also have some things that might be useful to someone on my box account. Enjoy.

https://app.box.com/s/jqzkim5rie8y7gokv2o1

post-20676-0-77513100-1382569924_thumb.jpg

post-20676-0-37270000-1382569926_thumb.jpg

post-20676-0-94291100-1382569927_thumb.jpg

Edited by tyrion77

Best full body exercise i could ever recommend is lifting heavy objects and moving them, every part of your body gets a workout its crazy i worked as a mover for a moving company, and i was suprised at what muscles became sore after my first day muscle i didnt even know existed were sore lol

When I first started out it looked a bit something like this, As other people have said though you work different parts different days, I like to sometimes do it twice, but stick to once for now

Bench press, 1-6 reps 4-5 sets

cable cross over 6-8, 3-5 sets, Now since you can't do this I guess holding your dumbells on either side doing a short burst movement to get it up to your shoulders, Slight bend at the bottom off the back so your back is still straight but your legs are slight bent (NOT MUCH!)

Pec fly machine, 1-6, 4-5 sets I'm thinking, Dumbell flys for this one instead, but you could if you have a bench Bring your back up a bit to make it incline, if not just do your standard flys although this one is kinda hard w/o a bench

Close grip bench press, You'll need barbell for this one, I can't really think of a substitute either if anyone has one put in one here, 6-8 reps 3-5 sets, I'd personally put in wide grip pull ups for the luls but see what others put.

Press ups 20, 1-3 sets

Tricep dips 20, 1-3 sets

20-30 min of Gentle cardio

Second day you can only do about half the workout because I can't think of substitutes HELP

Lat pulldown 1-6 reps, 4-5 sets (Need substitute, More wide grip pulls ups? <3)

Seat dumbell row, 1-6 reps, 4-5 sets for this one I'll let somebody else show you cba to explain

Pull ups, 20 reps 1-3 sets

Dumbbell shrug, 10-12/3 sets Just shrug your shoulders high with heavy dumbells in hand :P

Stiff leg Deadlift, 6-8 reps, 3-5 sets (ANother substitute required)

Squats, 6-8 reps, 3-5 sets Place a dumbell infront of you in both hands at around neck height as far infront as you can go then just squat, without bending your back at all

20-30 Min bike steady bike ride

(You don't need this day but it's probably the best for HIIT)

HIIT sprints, Timed 30 second sprints, 1 min jog recovery 6-10 sets

Planks, 30 sec 1-3 sets Don't say you don't feel the burn, because you're not doing them properly :)

Swiss Ball crunch, 20 reps, 1-3 sets

Side crunch, 20 reps 1-3 sets

Hanging leg raises, 20 1-3 sets

Last day now

Upright row (Imagine you can do these with dumbells) 1-6 reps, 4-5 sets

Seated Dumbell Press, 6-8 reps 3-5 sets

Military press, 1-6 reps 4/5 sets

Lunges, 3-6 reps 3-5 cets

Squats (again) 3-6 reps, 3-5 sets

HIIT workout (Treadmill great for this) if not same as yesterday 3-6 reps, 3-5 sets if you have to do outside do what you done previous workout

Finally 20-30 min Bike ride to finish it off.

Besides all this depending on your body weight how your built depends on how you should eat, this is a big part of getting a good body an strong, if you have a body like me (I worked out for months putting on nothing because I ate shit) in simple terms If you're already huge you're gonna find it easy to put on muscle if you put in the effort, try to eat well though an burn all your carbs, people who are scrawny fucks well you'll forever be like this but if you eat well an work out hard you can do something about that :)