Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Update On World Of Warcraft. 53% Loss Of Income And Going.

TowlieTheWizard

So far World of Warcraft has had a 53% loss of income because people just are not interested in the game anymore. The game has had it's ups and downs but the game really is losing interest in people. The game started 7 years ago and now is starting to lose people because of the new MMO's that are starting the new trend of Free To Play. People play RuneScape more then World Of Warcraft. Sadly I was a Big World Of Warcraft Player until Mist Of Pandaria came out. I dont like the game anymore. The Expansion kinda ruined it for me. The game is 15 dollars a month and yes most mmo's are that are still requiring a subscription but just imagine in the next year if this keeps on losing money. People are not going to play the game anymore if they can go to Allod's Online which is basically the same thing but free to play. I am personally going to switch my 15 dollars a month to Elder Scrolls Online when that game comes out.

My question to you is are you going to continue playing World Of Warcraft since it is losing players. Would you really want to stick with it even though the game has been getting worse every year. What MMO will you play next if World Of Warcraft is gone. Tell me what your game will be if it does and thank you so much for reading this.

The game dropped alot after WotLK and ever since it has dropped/good the wrong direction...

But I kept playing hoping for light at the end of the tunnel.. but dam its a long tunnel!.. I'm going to wait for the next game to release try it out and hope for the best! I mainly raid, but dam i don't wanna do 50+ dailys aday to keep up with the game...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well I just got into this and yes its pretty sad not one time have I ever seen anyone in the WoW chat in TS. im on every Saturday from 9am-3pm. and yes it sucks playing alone so if we could get some more ppl it would be great. elder scrolls online seems pretty great too. P.S. since the evolution of combat in Runescape I stopped playing that wow is now better in my opinion.

Edited by Dadavisster

So far World of Warcraft has had a 53% loss of income because people just are not interested in the game anymore.

Sauce? Otherwise you're just blowing smoke.

The game has had it's ups and downs but the game really is losing interest in people. The game started 7 years ago and now is starting to lose people because of the new MMO's that are starting the new trend of Free To Play.

Agreed, however as of 09/30/2013, WoW still has a big chunk of the MMORPG market at 7.6 million subscribers. How active though is another question.

See

Subs-1.png

People play RuneScape more then World Of Warcraft.

People play more Justin Bieber than Katy Perry. Doesn't mean it is better :P

Sadly I was a Big World Of Warcraft Player until Mist Of Pandaria came out. I dont like the game anymore. The Expansion kinda ruined it for me.

I really liked Cata myself but I could get into MOP as it had a fuzzy creatures I love: Pandas :3. but in all seriousness, subjective neverthless; vote with your money.

The game is 15 dollars a month and yes most mmo's are that are still requiring a subscription but just imagine in the next year if this keeps on losing money.

I digress on that part.

it's funny because even though WoW does not have a stronger subscription base... it still has something on its back... its name is: Activision Blizzard, whose financials are actually steadily improving over struggling companies.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=ATVI+Interactive#symbol=atvi;range=my;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;

Consider EA, { http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=EA+Interactive#symbol=ea;range=my;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined; } they are in constant flux even with the release of different games.

How about TAke 2 INteractive: http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=TTWO+Interactive#symbol=ttwo;range=my;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;

They are also in flux even after the release of GTA.

Remember THQ? They're out of business.

The point is... every game and style has negatives and positive when brought into the microtransaction world. I mean World of Warcraft probably has more developers and support dealing with it. That's kinda what you pay for. Believe it or not.

In North America, it seems like these small MMORPGs are 'popular' but in terms of developer stability; it seems like subscription based MMOs last a bit longer. Subjective nevertheless.

People are not going to play the game anymore if they can go to Allod's Online which is basically the same thing but free to play. I am personally going to switch my 15 dollars a month to Elder Scrolls Online when that game comes out.

My question to you is are you going to continue playing World Of Warcraft since it is losing players.

That's an extremely slippery slope question. You basically preloaded the question with "since it's losing players" and while true, I would construe it as an open shot at WoW rather than a legitimate question about whether one wishes to play WoW. I myself play WoW but have recently terminated my subscription because of the lack of friends that play it with me on a consistent basis. I also find myself less and less incline to play without friends.

Would you really want to stick with it even though the game has been getting worse every year.

Once again, a loaded question.... I would play it because it would bring "utility" and "entertainment". Everyone's definition is different. No need to bash it just because you disagree with how WoW has been progressing.

What MMO will you play next if World Of Warcraft is gone.

Activision and Blizzard lol.. you're asking for something that is fairly unrealistic but to play at your game, I'd probably play Rift.

Tell me what your game will be if it does and thank you so much for reading this.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...