Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Rule 13

Dugster

Hello all,

I'm a new player to the server and I understand that majority of you will probably be against what I say and I would just like you all to know I'm not having a dig I just feel that it's unfair. Basically I'm new to the server and I like it, I really do and I want to get into it but I can't make any progress because when I purchase a building I just get raided within 10 minutes due to every building can be seen on the sale thingy majigy. I don't wish for the whole rule to be removed I just which for this part to be reconsidered "13. No growing in un-owned places." As a new player I feel more comfortable and it is so much easier to grow outside as there isn't the constant threat of being raided, and anyway, player could just as easily find drugs out in the open if they just looked. I understand that rules are rules and I will respect them, but all I ask is that you just consider what I have said and atleast think about it as I don't wish to be forced off the server because I can't actually get stared.

Thanks,

Dug

when i started playing perp , i was raided 24/7. I contemplated quitting. I decided instead to become friendly and non confrontational with other players. within a week of playing i was invited to an active organization. The fear of being raided 24/7 was not an issue anymore after i became FRIENDLY, and talked to other players with respect.

I was there this morning when you complained to Giants about the rule, and said "no wonder your server only has 15 ppl on at a time". Truth be told - people that raid new players are quite possibly the largest plague of keeping the server populated, not because you cant grow in un-owned properties.

Well it isn't neccessarily the people raiding new players, but people that are really good at raiding team up into one big org and just fuck everything up. Sometimes i wish there was a limite of 5 people per org and no teamming up orgs to raid, that would make the server so much better

• Like 1

Well there's always a change that you're going to get raided just be ready and you be fine..

Some tips would be that you purchase someone where to plant in the city so if you do get raided

the police would respond more quicker also you can be better prepared like have a gun with ammo.

Well.. if someone were to plant outside and another comes and takes the plants would it be considered

raiding? Will you shoot him? You gotta think about it.. Rule 13 Just makes things more simpler I guess?

Honestly, if you are afraid of getting raided, try to just ask one of the bigger orgs to let you base with them. Most of the bigger orgs are always glad to help. Just be friendly like Smitty said, and eventually things will get easier as you learn the concept of everything. GoodLuck!

We aren't going to remove that rule for a number of reasons mainly because it turns into a shit fest if someone finds your outdoor stash of drugs. My suggestion is to in the next few weeks come up with a good rule compromise and at the next gmod open meeting you can share it with us and it can be considered. For now (and possibly the long future) do as smitty and the others suggested and join an org. You'll enjoy yourself much more on the server.