Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Seal/ported Boxes For Subs

Jay`

Well it really all depends on what music you're going to be listening to.

Ported and sealed boxes can sound different depending on the type of music you're listening to.

Read this, you'll understand better. (:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-3rNI7uzQv0P/learn/sealed-or-ported-subwoofer-enclosures.html

Hope this helps!

If you're going to be listening to more R&B, rap or anything with a lot of bass, id go ported. You will get more sound with less power out of a ported box. If you're wanting a tighter, crisper bass sound then go sealed. That's not to say you wont get that out of a ported box, depends on your setup and sub enclosure. I would go ported, i run 2 rockford 10's in a custom ported box and it still hits pretty hard.

• Like 1

a lot of bass, id go ported. You will go more sound with less power out of a ported box. If you're wanting a tighter, crisper bass sound then go sealed.

He is right, ported for soft loud bass, sealed for accurate sharp bass.

I got both as a home theater but personally I prefer sealed since it wont be as overwhelming :)

Edited by Gipsy Danger

• 1 month later...

i do alot of subwoofer installs and am heavily invested in car audio.

to sum it up, if you like metal/scream/rock/ something where there is an actual drum set and you want to feel the punch like the drummer is sitting beside you go for a sealed box, if you love dubstep/electro/stuff with alot of bass then go ported box.

the more important question is what vehicle you have and where the box is going to be located? Its all about the air volume and pressure that gives you bass, i have seen someone running 2 sundown 8's on 2 small amps destroy a guy with 4 12's kicker l7's and 2 monster amps in bassrace. it all comes down to volume :D

• 1 month later...