Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Competitive Matchmaking] Solo = Bad...?

nope, not at all, I've been playing solo a lot and got carried by random teams. GoML <3

jk, i made tactics and stuff D:

[spoiler=The proof :P]201312150000135FQP.jpg

and i know that i am on the bottom of almost all matches, that's the funny thing about it. :3

P.S.: I am Nova 3 on my main account and started this alt account on nova master as first ranking :P

What happened to you playing solo comp? I'd be kinda interested if this happens only to me :D

Edited by omgWolf

If you go solo you lose consistency of a team. Almost all the games I go solo on I lose because either the other team is much better or I have a team of a bunch of idiots (usually both). I made it to nova 1 from my initial silver elite master but now that I'm back to silver its hard to get out again. Then you go to worry about hackers if you rank gets too high past ak. I think the matchmaking system is broken.

Hmm... I haven't seen a single person which I suspected to be a hacker and I hope it stays like that. About my teams, all were pretty nice and followed most tactics and stuff, i never experienced that on the nova rankings

What I'm saying is I like the nova ranking people. They don't hack. I'm talking about people who get up to legendary eagle and get fed up with hackers. Never seen a hacker just alt accounts of people who are really high rank which carry the team. Thats not fun either.

Everytime i play with a random.. I get a troll on my team or a bunch of people who afk in the middle of a match.

I prefer playing with people i know are good in comp rather than playing solo.

I started as a Silver Master Elite as my first rank.. Was getting back and forth between Silver Master Elite and Silver Master. after 20 comp wins, got my Gold nova.. now i am at my 51th comp match win with Master Guardian II. Played around 70 comp matches in total. 15 solo and rest in teams with 0 to 3 randoms.

Edited by Sharp0o
  • Like 1

I always play better with randoms cause I have a better ping then when i play with some HG members but last time i played deranked cause they were mexicans and I could not understand them and they could not understand me so it all went terribly, despite getting top frag

My team is always bad in solo but I always play against baddies.

Once I knifed a guy, took his AWP and 1v5 aced their whole team.

The good part in solo tho is you play against people ur rank

When I was gold 4 i got only matches with players higher than me, half of them that was Distinguished Mastery Guardian or higher, so the match making system is not likely to put you with people with the same rank as you.

I think that if you aren't able to carry the game, atleast being positive on your own with a bad team, you can't get any high. I'm that guy who can play with tactics, i'm no rambo that ace them all.

Bad thing about living in Europe, in 3 games, it's impossible to not get matched up with some russian dude(no offense) or any other guy that you can't communicate with.

What i know, best way to get higher ranks quickly is to play with a high rank friend, atleast master guardian II but legendary eagle is most helpful. If you win a match against people that high, you will get more points from that, than if you would have played and won several matches on your own. Bad thing is that if you lose, your friend may "de-rank" faster than if he played alone since there is probably a newbie in the other team too.

I got to gold 3 by playing with legendary eagle, we won, i got up, got to gold 4 with my un-ranked friend, lost it cus of Teamkillers a week later.

Edited by Mr Swede # Johan

When I was gold 4 i got only matches with players higher than me, half of them that was Distinguished Mastery Guardian or higher, so the match making system is not likely to put you with people with the same rank as you.

I think that if you aren't able to carry the game, atleast being positive on your own with a bad team, you can't get any high. I'm that guy who can play with tactics, i'm no rambo that ace them all.

Bad thing about living in Europe, in 3 games, it's impossible to not get matched up with some russian dude(no offense) or any other guy that you can't communicate with.

What i know, best way to get higher ranks quickly is to play with a high rank friend, atleast master guardian II but legendary eagle is most helpful. If you win a match against people that high, you will get more points from that, than if you would have played and won several matches on your own. Bad thing is that if you lose, your friend may "de-rank" faster than if he played alone since there is probably a newbie in the other team too.

I got to gold 3 by playing with legendary eagle, we won, i got up, got to gold 4 with my un-ranked friend, lost it cus of Teamkillers a week later.

Well, if solo doesnt match you with ur rank, its prolly split like if ur gold nova and you might go against the double ak and a silver so.