Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Best Dirtbike?

mike6189

Depends on what you are looking to do with your dirt bike and how much money your willing to spend on aftermarket parts for it. All i know is light racing and and trail riding. Obviously if you race more then trail ride your setup will be different. Everyone has there nitpick favorites. I personally like KTM as well, I have a KTM250SX. I also have enjoyed my YZ450F. I had a Honda CRF250 which i traded in on the YZ450 and didn't much care for it. In the old 2-stroke days early 80s and late 80's my dad swore my Kawasaki and Suzuki both have great track records when it come to MotoX. I grew up on a 2-stroke Suzuki and 2-stroke YZ's.

It all boils down to your personal favorite unless your in the market for a "certain" reason. Then you probably should do your model side-by-side comparisons and that can get into pretty deep detail. For light all around riding no matter what you get will suit fine. I have seen them all break down and run like you pissed in the fuel tank.

Hands down i prefer 2-stroke's for racing and 4-stroke's for trails and regular riding.

Edited by Frugly

• 2 weeks later...

Like he said depends on your riding style, Fuck KTM, fuck ryan dungey and fuck Ken roczen, Honda is the way to go, for Motocross tracks I ride a CRF250r, In also use it for trail riding, the kx250f is also a good all around bike, I have been riding tracks/trails for 25 years, and let me tell you, get a honda or a kawi depending on the year

Also, try a jet kit/exhaust combo on the XR250 if you dont already, it will greatly inprove the power of the bike, also fixing your issue

Edited by xIFATALSKILLZIx

Yeah what I have now works great, I just ride trails and stuff.. But I want to buy the jet kit you were talking about, the holes look much bigger and don't look like they would clog very easy. Thanks for the tip!

Also on a performance note, if you package it with an aftermarket exhaust (if you dont already have one) It will feel like a new bike, power increase on those XR's with a jetkit and exhaust is incrediable