Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

other Heroes Of The Storm

Gida

I dont think it will come off as a threat as it looks a LOT different from the current popular MOBA's, but instead will be an awesome addition to this genre. I dont think it will steal players in a vast amount so as to harm LoL or DotA but will complete the triforce of MOBA's. It will definitely have an eSports following and look forward to playing it myself. I'm stoked!

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty unsure how I feel about HotS as a whole, but this is what I mostly think of the game...

It seems pretty unanimous that the game is very casual. Many streamers do not believe it will have a competitive scene - which it should not aim to be because it can ruin some of the fun of the game. Obviously the game is competitive, but I mean this by Blizzard having the full intentions of it being an esport, which they should not do. Yet a lot of the streamers believe it will not have a competitive scene because of how casual or lack of depth the game has.

Right now I think the game could actually be a lot of fun if players took it for what it is. In the current alpha state, you can out-right buy all the champions(200$), leaving people with a p2w view of the game; [sarcasm] obviously no other extremely popular moba does the same thing[/sarcasm]. This leaves people with the idea that there will be a lack of self progress and daily grinding from hero quests.

I feel like as long as Blizzard releases a new hero at least once a month the game will have longevity. The games are short, easy to understand, and have some extreme mechanics which are also pretty different from map to map. I think for someone who goes into the game expecting fun, they will have it. If someone takes the game seriously, they will be disappointed.

I'm pretty unsure how I feel about HotS as a whole, but this is what I mostly think of the game...

It seems pretty unanimous that the game is very casual. Many streamers do not believe it will have a competitive scene - which it should not aim to be because it can ruin some of the fun of the game. Obviously the game is competitive, but I mean this by Blizzard having the full intentions of it being an esport, which they should not do. Yet a lot of the streamers believe it will not have a competitive scene because of how casual or lack of depth the game has.

Right now I think the game could actually be a lot of fun if players took it for what it is. In the current alpha state, you can out-right buy all the champions(200$), leaving people with a p2w view of the game; [sarcasm] obviously no other extremely popular moba does the same thing[/sarcasm]. This leaves people with the idea that there will be a lack of self progress and daily grinding from hero quests.

I feel like as long as Blizzard releases a new hero at least once a month the game will have longevity. The games are short, easy to understand, and have some extreme mechanics which are also pretty different from map to map. I think for someone who goes into the game expecting fun, they will have it. If someone takes the game seriously, they will be disappointed.

except buying the champions isn't a p2w model of the game. i'm assuming there will be a rotating champion pool like in LoL and you will (eventually) be able to own them all.

except buying the champions isn't a p2w model of the game. i'm assuming there will be a rotating champion pool like in LoL and you will (eventually) be able to own them all.

Well, that is my point. You can buy them with real money, but much like many other mobas, you do not have to pay real money; farming for champs is also one method of getting all the champs. And you are right, there is a champion rotation. Honestly, it is the exact same payment model as LoL, yet people are spamming "p2w" and "Bli$$ard" without realizing that all popular mobas have gone down the route of paying for champions in some way and/or paying for skins, which HotS is doing. I see nothing out of the ordinary and I feel the game will still be very accessible. Honestly, the game is very much play-to-win, because the game as a whole holds your hand once you unlock dailies.