Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Dark Souls 2

So far the game has not disappointed. It's noticeably more difficult than the first one, but still has the same feel. But enemies are a lot less forgiving and there are traps everywhere.

And yes, I beat the first game a few times. It gets rather difficult after the second or third new game plus.

So far the game has not disappointed. It's noticeably more difficult than the first one, but still has the same feel. But enemies are a lot less forgiving and there are traps everywhere.

And yes, I beat the first game a few times. It gets rather difficult after the second or third new game plus.

Dude how can it be more difficult like wtf

Which second boss? Did you go to the forest or the tower of flame?

Also

Does it feel more like demon souls?

Yes and no. The centralized "hub world" is back (you can teleport right from the beginning of the game again), magic scaling is back how it was in Demon's Souls, and Humanity/deaths work similarly, but that's about it.

Enemies are much less predictable now, and dodge rolling and parrying aren't as easy as they were before. Tie that with the removal of defense scaling leveling up (you now only get extra HP per level, not defenses) and the fact that you can be invaded regardless of whether or not you're human, the game's difficultly has ramped up a decent amount.

But that's why people play Dark Souls. It's not an easy game, and it doesn't hold your hand. It makes you do things yourself and punishes you if you keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

I don't know what you're talking about with the dodging being more difficult. I'm currently running a sorcerer, and all I did when I fought the Pursuer (fa****y-ass floating bitch knight that stabs and curses you) was dodge and cast soul arrows. Took me two tries. I find it to be more effective than in the first Dark Souls. Even with the removal of the invincibility frames.

I was more talking about the removal of iframes than anything. The actual dodging is more fluid, yes.

The Pursuer is one of the easiest bosses in the game from what I've seen so far. Besides maybe the Dragonrider(s).

I'm barely halfway through though, so I haven't seen it all yet. Though I will say the most trouble I had was probably on the Sinner, if only because it was the first real boss I went to and I had around a 10 vitality and vigor and a Broadsword >.>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...