Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

I Need Help... Badly!

dumgum17

Basically my computer has been getting low memory pop up when ever I try and run gmod to get onto perp or some times even looking at google chrome it will appear. The problem is it is telling me to close the program and if I don't it crashes and restarts my computer. I don't think it's a problem with my ram as I still have 7.50 gb out of 8gb of free space on that. I don't think it is a problem with my local disk either as I still have 250gb on that our of 450... I don't know what's happening but I need to be able to play. I have grown inactive due to this as it happens every time I open garry's mod. I get it some times while play cs:go but usually I'm okay. But I want it to stop. Please please please help me as I have grown very impatient towards this. Thank you in advance and hopefully I will be playing perp shortly! Edit: Another problem that I am having (not as inportant) is that my google chrome some times randomly closes (not crashing just shuts down as if some one pressed on the x button) replies on that as well would be helpful! Thanks again.

dumgum17

Edited by dumgum17

• 5 weeks later...

Basically my computer has been getting low memory pop up when ever I try and run gmod to get onto perp or some times even looking at google chrome it will appear. The problem is it is telling me to close the program and if I don't it crashes and restarts my computer. I don't think it's a problem with my ram as I still have 7.50 gb out of 8gb of free space on that. I don't think it is a problem with my local disk either as I still have 250gb on that our of 450... I don't know what's happening but I need to be able to play. I have grown inactive due to this as it happens every time I open garry's mod. I get it some times while play cs:go but usually I'm okay. But I want it to stop. Please please please help me as I have grown very impatient towards this. Thank you in advance and hopefully I will be playing perp shortly! Edit: Another problem that I am having (not as inportant) is that my google chrome some times randomly closes (not crashing just shuts down as if some one pressed on the x button) replies on that as well would be helpful! Thanks again.

dumgum17

I realize this is an old post. Are you saying you have 8gb of RAM and 7.5gb is in use? If so, what else is using a lot of memory? That's quite a bit of a memory usage for gaming and web browsing. Open your task manager to see if there's something using too much memory. Also, have to tried closing all applications except GMOD when trying to play PERP? If you have 8gb of memory, you really shouldn't be running out of memory. Also, you could try running a memory testing application like memtest86. You'd have to put it on a bootable CD and reboot and let it run.

I realize this is an old post. Are you saying you have 8gb of RAM and 7.5gb is in use? If so, what else is using a lot of memory? That's quite a bit of a memory usage for gaming and web browsing. Open your task manager to see if there's something using too much memory. Also, have to tried closing all applications except GMOD when trying to play PERP? If you have 8gb of memory, you really shouldn't be running out of memory. Also, you could try running a memory testing application like memtest86. You'd have to put it on a bootable CD and reboot and let it run.

Alrighty so only 0.5gb of memory has been used from my ram. I'm currently checking what the highest memory using application is and it says...svchost.exe (localSystemNetwork) is taking up the most, ekrn.exe at 2nd most and svchost.exe (netsvcs) at third.