Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Touch Your Toes

Shot

So I've been getting back in shape but there is one thing that I need to learn how to do in the next 3 months or so. I need to learn how to reach farther then my toes without bending my knees :/ I've been trying to get into a state trooper academy but the only thing I cannot pass is the flexibility portion. Its so bad to the point I can barely reach my shins. If anyone knows any stretches I can start doing everyday to help me get through this will be greatly appreciated.

What your body specs?

How much ram etc.

O wait wrong sub forum.

Height weight shape etc?

If too buff then it will restrict your flexibility.

If just naturally not flexible then you will have fun stretching multiple times a day every day.

If a bigger guy then become smaller guy.

You probably fall into the second thing. Just stretch literally all the time.

Sit down and extend your legs in front of you (sitting tow touch) and reach as far as you can without hurting yourself. Once at the limit hold it. Repeat aiming to go further and further each time.

If you feel more tightness in your low back when reaching for your toes then you need to find a chair and sit in it. Cross legs like girly man and reach forward and your gluts and low back should feel a stretch.

Both of these will stretch the hams and back which should help.

You could also do some yoga.

Good luck becoming a trooper, just don't live in cali and give me a ticket.

• Like 1

5'11, 250 pounds, Muscular legs, broad chest, chubby gut 8D but in all serious I have never been flexible and always failed that portion in gym class. Sucks that I need to be flexible for this portion of the test o.e

Hmm the gut may be the thing holding you back along with the naturally not flexible.

Keep stretching consistently and see how far it can take you. If you hit a plateau then try cutting a little bit of weight. Shouldn't be an issue as long as your not extremely built like a Eskimo bear wrestler.

• 2 weeks later...